Ron Paul in 2012

Theres LOTS to not like about him. He would end public education, public healthcare, criminalize abortion in all cases, try to implement the gold standard. Hes also a little paranoid... I read a letter from him recently about how the UN is gonna take Americans guns away.

he wants to end the federal government's role in the above that you've listed and allow the states to adopt their own rules and regulations.

it would be a huge change and some would say even impossible to implement such a change and overhaul the system.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's absolutely right, and it echoes what very few Israelis have been saying for decades (it's hard for many to say no to what they think is "free money"). Many more billions of dollars go to our enemies than to us, so if a sudden halt to foreign aid took place right now, it'd hurt the other Arab/Muslim countries a lot more than us. Moreover, we are far more educated and have a much more dynamic economy than the Arabs/Muslims, we'd do much better in such a scenario. All they really have is oil, they have no innovation (unlike us, where most of our economy is through innovation in the knowledge sector). Foreign aid, in many ways, poisons the relationship between the USA and Israel. America is constantly playing both sides of the fence, and placing bandages on a political hemorrhage.

A big part of me that feels that without America, this conflict would have already been resolved a long time ago. Or, at the very least, would be a lot closer to a resolution.

i agree with you.

Guest American Woman

it's in his profile.

Not all of it. He says nothing about being "a Jew" in his profile. What's telling, I believe, is in your adding that, as the tone of your response comes across as disdain.

Edited by American Woman

Not all of it. He says nothing about being "a Jew" in his profile. What's telling, I believe, is in your adding that, as the tone of your response comes across as disdain.

Well I doubt, that Bob would defend Israel the way he does if he was not a Jew. I agree the profile says it all.. but this is a distraction from the thread anyways.

Edited by GostHacked

Guest American Woman

Well I doubt, that Bob would defend Israel the way he does if he was not a Jew. I agree the profile says it all.. but this is a distraction from the thread anyways.

I'm sure he is a Jew, but that doesn't mean the "us" he's speaking of is "Jews." Furthermore, it's as I said, that's not in his profile as bud claimed, which is what I was pointing out - and the tone of bud's response does come across as disdain; therefore, the addition of "Jew" is telling, IMO.

As to your claim that it's a distraction to the thread, it is a direct response to posts made in the thread. Furthermore, I find it very ironic that you would be concerned about that. <_<

You're right. But what you're trying to imply is that somehow my being Jewish forces me to reflexively support Israel out of ignorance, rather than the reality - my upbringing and heritage connects me to these events and has compelled me to learn a lot about the relevant history and current developments, as well as move to Israel. In other words, who I am has played a huge role in making me infinitely more informed about these issues than you. You were correct at face value, but certainly wrong with your stupid (and somewhat prejudiced) insinuation.

Edited by Bob

• 3 weeks later...

Ok all you Ron Paul voting wannabes...here is another reason your man is doomed to never be president:

Asked at a Manchester, N.H. town hall meeting about last week’s killing of the American-born Al Qaeda leader, the Texas congressman said impeachment would be “possible,” but that he wants to know more about how the administration “flouted the law.”

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/65035.html

Ok all you Ron Paul voting wannabes...here is another reason your man is doomed to never be president:

Asked at a Manchester, N.H. town hall meeting about last week’s killing of the American-born Al Qaeda leader, the Texas congressman said impeachment would be “possible,” but that he wants to know more about how the administration “flouted the law.”

Ron Paul seems like one of a select few who isn't being influenced by puppet masters. the only other person I know not influenced by the mighty puppet master is , me, lukin.

Edited by lukin

Your president gave the okay to assassinate an American citizen, why are you okay with that? He was not charged, he was not tried. What is to stop Obama from assassinating more US citizens, why does he get to unilaterally decide who gets to live and die. Ron Paul wants people to follow the rule of law.

I really don't understand your logic.

Your president gave the okay to assassinate an American citizen, why are you okay with that? He was not charged, he was not tried. What is to stop Obama from assassinating more US citizens, why does he get to unilaterally decide who gets to live and die. Ron Paul wants people to follow the rule of law.

Simple..."deadly force" was authorized. When I was in the service we were authorized to shoot any mofo on sight if he/she violated a posted exclusion zone, American or not. It was all legal like...

I really don't understand your logic.

I'm not Canadian! Hey, I like your tank..looks like an M1A1....boom!

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Simple..."deadly force" was authorized. When I was in the service we were authorized to shoot any mofo on sight if he/she violated a posted exclusion zone, American or not. It was all legal like...

In my opinion that is terrible. I hope that there was sufficient fences and/or signage warning people.

I'm not Canadian! Hey, I like your tank..looks like an M1A1....boom!

It does not matter what nationality you are.

In my opinion that is terrible. I hope that there was sufficient fences and/or signage warning people.

There were warnings and fencing, but access from sea has no such barriers or signage. US DoD and DoJ directives explicitly authorize deadly force for several public safety, nuclear weapons/facilities security, escape by perps, and other scenarios. All that is required is firearms and policy training; warning shots are not permitted and the objective is to render the person(s) incapable of continuing their activity.

It does not matter what nationality you are.

Yes it does....you want to vote for Ron Paul but that is unlawful.

• 2 weeks later...