Ron Paul in 2012

Well obviously, the jobs are leaving the states! You must be doing some begging!

Nope....I don't even know (or care) what a Canadian "green card" even looks like. Each year, 25,000 Canadians emigrate to the USA, while only 2,500 Americans go to Canada. But the US has 10x the population....think about the reasons for such a glaring disparity.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, only "retards" would presume to tell somebody else how to vote...in another frickin country!

US to Mubarek - you must leave

US t0 Ben-Ali - you must leave

US to Gadaffi - you must leave

US to Assad - you must leave.

You may not tell them what they should have, but you definitely tell them what they should not have. All while running covert operations to undermine said regimes. You can't win on this one BC, not like you pay attention to me or reply to my posts anymore!

Paul talks a good game about corporatism, but note that he talks about it in terms of government with corporations....

That's all Ron Paul has ever been...faulty Libertarian theory. He would never survice the personal vetting or policy challenges for a nominated candidate through to a general election.

Let Canadians vote for him if they want....still won't make any difference on election night.

That's all Ron Paul has ever been...faulty Libertarian theory. He would never survice the personal vetting or policy challenges for a nominated candidate through to a general election.

Let Canadians vote for him if they want....still won't make any difference on election night.

Also, let Americans vote for him, that won't make a difference anyways, the game is rigged, Perry for POTUS.

I take it you're not voting for him. This means we have found your rightward boundry point. Yes, I know... it's south of the 49th parallel.

I take it you're not voting for him. This means we have found your rightward boundry point. Yes, I know... it's south of the 49th parallel.

Not wanting to vote for a candidate that embraces the foreign policy of George McGovern is a rightward boundary point? :rolleyes:

Who I vote for is a personal matter....but since Ron Paul will never make it to a general election ballot for president, I won't be voting for him along with millions of other people. I do not vote in party primaries.

Now back to telling Canadians who to vote for and what is best for their country. It opens up a whole new vista for my post count, something I refrained from doing in the past.

Guest American Woman

Also, let Americans vote for him, that won't make a difference anyways, the game is rigged, Perry for POTUS.

Yes. Rigged. We get it. Just like Canada's election was rigged because I knew Harper was going to win. How Canadians voted made no difference. Harper won because the game was rigged.

<_<

Yes. Rigged. We get it. Just like Canada's election was rigged because I knew Harper was going to win. How Canadians voted made no difference. Harper won because the game was rigged.

<_<

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEzY2tnwExs

Programmer testifies in court about the 2004 elections being rigged in some fashion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clint_Curtis

Clinton Eugene "Clint" Curtis (born 1958 near Salem, Illinois) is a United States computer programmer[1] and ex employee of NASA and ExxonMobil, currently living in Northern California, who worked for Yang Enterprises (YEI) in Oviedo, Florida until February 2001. He is notable chiefly for making a series of "whistleblower" allegations about his former employer and about Republican Congressman Tom Feeney, including an allegation that in 2000, Feeney and Yang Enterprises requested Curtis's assistance in a scheme to steal votes by inserting fraudulent code into touch screen voting systems.

Guest American Woman

Somebody offers to sell you a brand new Ferrari for $10, but the car horn sings "La Cucaracha" when u honk it. You still don't buy it? :P

That's an idiosyncrasy, not ludicrous. I already posed a situation where one of the characteristics of a purchase would be considered ludicrous, so I find it interesting that you raised another scenario that hardly compares to what's being discussed rather than address it. So I'll present my scenario again - and if you don't address it again, don't worry - I know the answer.

- you're buying a house, and you love everything about it. There's no other house that you even come close to loving as much as you love this house. Everything about it is perfect. But the location is right next to a dump site. Not only is it a smelly eye-sore, but dump trucks are noisily going in an out all day long. Would you buy that house - or would the ludicrous location overpower all the good points? I know what I would do.

That's an example of ludicrous that's relevant and comparable to the level of ludicrous under discussion regarding Paul's ludicrous policies.

Guest American Woman

Many US policies that are considered "domestic" also have massive implications on the rest of the world.

Only if leaders of the rest of the world make decisions based on US policies that affect their countries.

Yes of course Americans are obviously massively affected by their gov's own domestic policies.

Obviously. Massively. And directly.

But, given the era of globalization we have increasingly been living in, i think one could make a strong argument that the rest of the global population is, in sum, more greatly affected by US domestic policies as a whole (yes, one could of course nit-pick certain individual policies) than Americans themselves. This may even be the case with other countries as well, maybe even Canada, but since the US is by far the most powerful it also has the most influence.

Are you saying that American domestic policies affect you more than they affect me??

Fair enough point...unless a country is forced to comply to another country's will (via violent or non-violent coercion), or the threat (direct or indirect) of such.

The US has not forced "the rest of the global population to comply" to our domestic policies - "via violent or non-violent coercion" - nor has it threatened the "rest of the global population" either directly - or indirectly.

Who I vote for is a personal matter....

So ? I asked you a personal question, sure, but I don't think that's out of bounds.

If you're just saying you don't have to answer, then ok.

Now back to telling Canadians who to vote for and what is best for their country. It opens up a whole new vista for my post count, something I refrained from doing in the past.

Anybody can tell you whom to vote for, or what to do but you don't have to obey them.

Paul talks a good game about corporatism, but note that he talks about it in terms of government with corporations. As a true Libbytarian I don't see how he would want to restrain business (for example, with additional environmental regulations) and his statements seem to bear that out.

Libertarians regard all concentrations of power as sources of oppression that must be continually challenged and justified. Opposition generally first begins with large corporations for inherently being designed as private tyrannies

So ? I asked you a personal question, sure, but I don't think that's out of bounds.

This is just the other side of the same coin...and the very notion of a private ballot. It's just not done in polite company, and that boundary is usually respected.

If you're just saying you don't have to answer, then ok.

I've already answered this question more pointedly....as in it is none of your business.

Anybody can tell you whom to vote for, or what to do but you don't have to obey them.

I could tell you to do things to, things you would find quite objectionable. Doesn't mean I should do it.

Nope....I don't even know (or care) what a Canadian "green card" even looks like. Each year, 25,000 Canadians emigrate to the USA, while only 2,500 Americans go to Canada. But the US has 10x the population....think about the reasons for such a glaring disparity.

Yet you dedicate some of your life to posting on a Canadian forum...

Well, it's certainly not for the jobs or bright future anymore! lol.

Yet you dedicate some of your life to posting on a Canadian forum...

I like to see how "foreigners" use American technology.

Well, it's certainly not for the jobs or bright future anymore! lol.

Then why do they come to America? Why do so many more Canadians prefer the USA?

Edited by bush_cheney2004

But let's take another look at your "more good points" outweighs "ludicrous" - you're buying a house, and you love everything about it. There's no other house that you even come close to loving as much as you love this house. Everything about it is perfect. But the location is right next to a dump site. Not only is it a smelly eye-sore, but dump trucks are noisily going in an out all day long. Would you buy that house - or would the ludicrous location over power all the good points? I know what I would do.

No you probably bought the old bungalow down the hill away from the dump. I guess most people would given the choice.

But, to continue with this analogy and as I gaze into my crystal ball:

Unfortunately, not too long after the purchase, a hurricane passed over the town causing a flood that damaged and/or destroyed all the homes ....

....except for the nice house on top of the hill next to the dump. To make matters worse, the entity that insured all the homeowners went bankrupt due to the overwhelming amount of claims made by the townsfolk.

You may believe some of his policies are ludicrous, but there are some who believe (yours truly included) that supporting any of the other candidates among the crop available could be potentially devastating in the not-too-distant future.

For the record, I do not equate RP with a dump. :)

...You may believe some of his policies are ludicrous, but there are some who believe (yours truly included) that supporting any of the other candidates among the crop available could be potentially devastating in the not-too-distant future.

Not sure what you mean by this....supporting any candidate has limited impact

unless he/she is elected to office. Even then, the "potential" for "devestation" applies for all who seek the job and win. In the abstract, the "future" guarantees devestation of some kind.

Guest American Woman

No you probably bought the old bungalow down the hill away from the dump. I guess most people would given the choice.

Nope. The house I bought is perfect in every way. But the thing is, the "old bungalow" could be remodeled to my liking - while I would be stuck with the location of the perfect house by the dump.

But, to continue with this analogy and as I gaze into my crystal ball:

Unfortunately, not too long after the purchase, a hurricane passed over the town causing a flood that damaged and/or destroyed all the homes ....

....except for the nice house on top of the hill next to the dump. To make matters worse, the entity that insured all the homeowners went bankrupt due to the overwhelming amount of claims made by the townsfolk.

While we're playing make-believe, "fortunately, not too long after the purchase of the old bungalow, I won the million dollar lottery ........."

You may believe some of his policies are ludicrous, but there are some who believe (yours truly included) that supporting any of the other candidates among the crop available could be potentially devastating in the not-too-distant future.

I think supporting someone with ludicrous domestic policies would very well be potentially devastating in the not-too-distant future. Seriously. Would you support a Canadian candidate that you thought had ludicrous domestic policies?

For the record, I do not equate RP with a dump. :)

I equate having to live with some of his policies with living next to a dump - or worse.

Edited by American Woman

Nope. The house I bought is perfect in every way. But the thing is, the "old bungalow" could be remodeled to my liking - while I would be stuck with the location of the perfect house by the dump.

While we're playing make-believe, "fortunately, not too long after the purchase of the old bungalow, I won the million dollar lottery ........."

I think supporting someone with ludicrous domestic policies would very well be potentially devastating in the not-too-distant future. Seriously. Would you support a Canadian candidate that you thought had ludicrous domestic policies?

I equate having to live with some of his policies with living next to a dump - or worse.

The thing is youll be living next to a dump either way. You cant count on good government from a Paul administration, but I assume youve realized at this point that you wont get it from anyone else in the dem / repub parties either.

I agree with your concern about his domestic policies, in any case.

Guest American Woman

The thing is youll be living next to a dump either way. You cant count on good government from a Paul administration, but I assume youve realized at this point that you wont get it from anyone else in the dem / repub parties either.

No one else is advocating the same policies that Paul is. You may feel as if you live next to a dump, because your government is no better than mine, but my reality is that I live in a very good place. :)

I agree with your concern about his domestic policies, in any case.

There's definitely cause for much concern.