Ron Paul in 2012

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thing Paul is advocating which I would guess seems ludicrous to you... personal responsibility. Own your mistakes and learn from them.

Why would you "guess" that would seem ludicrous to me? <_<

You mean like... discussing topics and questioning everyone elses opinion while never actually stating your own to be held accountable to?

:)

The media hates Ron Paul. That means that corporations hate Ron Paul. What corporations hate is good for anyone.

Edited by MiddleClassCentrist

Can you Americans please stop complaining about Canadians talking about an the US politics while they are on a Canadian forum and in a sub forum labeled United States Politics. You guys keep saying "you don't know whats best for us" or "focus on your own government", those statements add nothing to the conversation.

That is not the issue....the issue is some members presuming to tell Americans who to vote for and why their choice from Canada is in America's best interest. I don't know what this protocol may be in Canada, but it is unacceptable to do so on a personal basis for most Americans. Even asking someone who they voted for is considered rude and will usually be met with a "none of your damn business".

If you want to vote in a US election, become a citizen and then you will understand.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Guest American Woman

Can you Americans please stop complaining about Canadians talking about an the US politics while they are on a Canadian forum and in a sub forum labeled United States Politics.

I'm not complaining about Canadians talking about US politics - talk away. What's annoying is Canadians or anyone else telling Americans what would be best for the U.S./what Americans want.

You guys keep saying "you don't know whats best for us" or "focus on your own government", those statements add nothing to the conversation.

Stating what's best for America/Americans doesn't add any more to the conversations. You seriously think Canadians saying "this is what Americans think/want" is "adding to the discussion?" I can see how long it would be tolerated if I were to overrun the Federal Politics forum with such statements - 'this is what's best for Canada - this is what Canadians want.' Yeah, that would be seen as real pertinent discussion.

Try focusing on what YOU think rather than projecting what Americans think/want - and fyi: you don't know what would be best for US. How could you? How could I possibly know what would be best for Canadians?

As for "focus on your own government:" - that's sound advice when talking about how American politics affects the world. Why focus on our government, which you can do nothing about? Your government is accountable for what happens in your country. So expecting Americans to vote for your best interest is a dream - "focus on your own government" is therefore sound advice in that regard.

Edited by American Woman

Guest American Woman

You mean like... discussing topics and questioning everyone elses opinion while never actually stating your own to be held accountable to?

I clearly state my opinions. If you can't see that, the problem is yours.

...I can see how long it would be tolerated if I were to overrun the Federal Politics forum with such statements - 'this is what's best for Canada - this is what Canadians want.' Yeah, that would be seen as real pertinent discussion.

What a scathingly brilliant idea! let's see how long they will tolerate those 'merkins telling Canadians who to vote for and what is in their best interest. I'm thinking it would not be well received.

What a scathingly brilliant idea! let's see how long they will tolerate those 'merkins telling Canadians who to vote for and what is in their best interest. I'm thinking it would not be well received.

Go ahead! Its a political forum youre totally free to have opinions on whatever you like. Only retards would get bent out of shape about stuff like that.

Well gee, if "most of his domestic policies are ludicrous," just who do you think would be affected by that?

Many US policies that are considered "domestic" also have massive implications on the rest of the world. Yes of course Americans are obviously massively affected by their gov's own domestic policies. But, given the era of globalization we have increasingly been living in, i think one could make a strong argument that the rest of the global population is, in sum, more greatly affected by US domestic policies as a whole (yes, one could of course nit-pick certain individual policies) than Americans themselves. This may even be the case with other countries as well, maybe even Canada, but since the US is by far the most powerful it also has the most influence.

As for the effects the rest of the world are feeling, look to your own government, your own leaders, and the decisions that they made that resulted in America's leader affecting you all.

Fair enough point...unless a country is forced to comply to another country's will (via violent or non-violent coercion), or the threat (direct or indirect) of such.

That is not the issue....the issue is some members presuming to tell Americans who to vote for and why their choice from Canada is in America's best interest. I don't know what this protocol may be in Canada, but it is unacceptable to do so on a personal basis for most Americans. Even asking someone who they voted for is considered rude and will usually be met with a "none of your damn business".

:lol: Holy crap you have some serious issues man.

Unless you think a snowball has a chance in hell, he doesn't have a chance. And it's not because of "the powers that are stacked against him" - it's because "most of Paul's domestic policies are ludicrous." So why, in God's name, would the majority of Americans vote for him?? They wouldn't. And THAT'S the reason he doesn't have a chance.

He might make a good Secretary of Defense though. Seriously, freakin' eh!...Canada will take him for Minister of National Defense if you guys don't want him lol.

Edited by Moonlight Graham

Many US policies that are considered "domestic" also have massive implications on the rest of the world. Yes of course Americans are obviously massively affected by their gov's own domestic policies. But, given the era of globalization we have increasingly been living in, i think one could make a strong argument that the rest of the global population is, in sum, more greatly affected by US domestic policies as a whole (yes, one could of course nit-pick certain individual policies) than Americans themselves.

This doesn't make any sense...they are called "domestic policies" for a reason. The USA is not the domain of a "global population", most of whom don't even care about such domestic policies.

Except for Canadians and Mexicans!

Let's see - what have we established here?

People can state opinions, and they may be rejoindered for it.

And threads with insults still happen, unfortunately.

Sure...we can play it that way too. I'm up for it...should be good for another 5,000 posts. Canadian Politics is boring as hell, but I will try to stay awake and tell Canadians how to run their country!

No wonder they are riveted to the American Gong Show.

Sure...we can play it that way too. I'm up for it...should be good for another 5,000 posts. Canadian Politics is boring as hell, but I will try to stay awake and tell Canadians how to run their country!

Yup theres the boiler-plate "Canadian politics are boring"... almost time to talk about watching American TV :lol:

And its a politics forum... Its totally fine and appropriate for you to express opinions on Canadian politics. Nobody will cry about it like you do.

The same act you peddle to employers in my country. I don't have to beg for a job in Canada.

Well obviously, the jobs are leaving the states! You must be doing some begging!

Canadian Unemployment Rate - 7.20

American Unemployment Rate - 9.10

:)