Should Canada legislate more vacation time?

Thorn

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So when did the entire population of the United States insult you?

See above post. If I wanted to be insulting towards Americans in general I could come up with a lot better than an accurate (in my opinion) description of their knowledge about the world around them.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest American Woman

See above post. If I wanted to be insulting towards Americans in general I could come up with a lot better than an accurate (in my opinion) description of their knowledge about the world around them.

This is what's so ironic. As you accuse others of not having a clue, you believe your opinion is "accurate." :rolleyes:

Americans come from all over the world....more than the entire population of Canada. You have proven yourself to be a typical anti-American bigot, invoking whichever stereotype fits your clueless purpose.

This is what's so ironic. As you accuse others of not having a clue, you believe your opinion is "accurate." :rolleyes:

And to repeat, I wouldn't use a cliche'd expression like that. Also, whether my opinion is or is not accurate is irrelevant. The post to which you refer was not a generalized insult towards Americans and it wasn't at all insulting towards you.

OK...here is some edumacation for you too....WalMart associates get paid vacation after a predetermined length of employment. Ply your lies elsewhere.

I'm sorry. What's the relevance? The statistics are fairly clear on what Americans and Canadians as a whole get compared to other people.

Guest American Woman

Oh my. I didn't realize your opinion was based on such extensive knowledge/experience. <_<

For starters, I suggest not basing your "accurate opinions" on such little "information" - and I suggest you look at how other countries fared in those same surveys while you're at it. But seriously, if you want to have an "accurate opinion," it's going to involve a whole lot more effort than reading a couple of surveys. Unless you don't mind coming across as ignorant - as you accuse others of it.

And you still haven't answered my question.

Guest American Woman

And to repeat, I wouldn't use a cliche'd expression like that.

So you just use cliche'd stereotypes of Americans. Got'cha. B)

Also, whether my opinion is or is not accurate is irrelevant. The post to which you refer was not a generalized insult towards Americans and it wasn't at all insulting towards you.

The way it was presented makes it relevant - and yes, it was.

Do you guys think private companies don't factor vacation time into their bottom line? They'll either pay less or charge more. Either way consumers won't be able to buy as much. Making feel good laws that make everyone worse off.. The lefty way.

Lest we Forget. The lower the salaries and benefits, the more money workers spend. And I thought you might be so lacking in compassion towards the Chinese that you want them to have better working conditions and wages. So sorry.

And some people don't feel like living the european way of life. There are many single professional guys (and girls) who don't want to take 3 weeks off to sip wine in France. The government shouldn't legislate people's way of life just because some people like you glorify a certain way of living.

Interestingly, most people who have three week vacations (at least those I know) don't go to France. They're more likely to spend their time with their families. Good to know that this type of family values is something you don't want to ser encouraged.

Nevermind that the people who have less than 3 weeks vacation are usually struggling to pay their rent.

You mean people with minimal work conditions are also not paid too well? How could that be?

Oh my. I didn't realize your opinion was based on such extensive knowledge/experience. <_<

I eagerly await your multiple cites to contradict them. I will ask every day for the next couple of months. I don't expect you to post anything, however.

For starters, I suggest not basing your "accurate opinions" on such little "information" -

I don't base my opinions on a couple of cites. They were simply referrals to someone who suggested my opinion was some sort of anti-American insults. My opinion is based on a lifetime of dealing with Americans.

And you still haven't answered my question.

You didn't ask one.

So you just use cliche'd stereotypes of Americans. Got'cha. B)

I have no idea what you're talking about. Do you?

The way it was presented makes it relevant - and yes, it was.

I don't care if you were insulted. There are some people of various levels of sanity who will always take offense at things, but that's entirely their business. The post itself, however, was not an insult. It was a statement of fact.

Guest American Woman
I don't base my opinions on a couple of cites. They were simply referrals to someone who suggested my opinion was some sort of anti-American insults. My opinion is based on a lifetime of dealing with Americans.

All 300+ million of them, eh? ;)

You didn't ask one.

Yeah, I did. Way back when I first responded to your claim that life is better in other countries than it is the U.S. But it's ok if you don't answer because I've seen the kind of 'evidence' you base your claims/opinions on.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go and try to find Canada on a map ...... since I've been posting here for a few years now, I've decided it's time to find out where it is...... B)

Interestingly, most people who have three week vacations (at least those I know) don't go to France. They're more likely to spend their time with their families. Good to know that this type of family values is something you don't want to ser encouraged.

You mean people with minimal work conditions are also not paid too well? How could that be?

My friends just want to have more time to visit FRIENDS in Canada...

Supporting Canadians in the country by going out for a good time.

All 300+ million of them, eh? ;)

If you believe that it's neccesary to know every single American in order to determine the rough geographical knowledge then you have no clue as to what Americans know either.

I'm still waiting for the evidence you were going to post to contradict what I posted. I want to hear all about the vast world knowledge the average American possess.

Yeah, I did. Way back when I first responded to your claim that life is better in other countries than it is the U.S. But it's ok if you don't answer because I've seen the kind of 'evidence' you base your claims/opinions on.

You haven't asked any question that hasn't been dealt with, though I leave open the possibility that you don't actually understand what a question is, of course.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go and try to find Canada on a map ...... since I've been posting here for a few years now, I've decided it's time to find out where it is...... B)

I'm sure everyone here will encourage you in anything you do which can enhance your level of knowledge about Canada or anything else.

Edited by Thorn

Common stereotype with some information suggesting that it may be true

offended by stereotype

Stereotypes are often based on truths, even if they are small and not applicable to the entire population.

I guess that might hurt sometimes...

Both of you are spending too much time arguing something that is not really on topic. Make up and have great sex or just shut up.

Guest American Woman
Thorn, on 23 August 2011 - 04:27 PM, said:

Common stereotype with some information suggesting that it may be true

American Woman, on 23 August 2011 - 04:15 PM, said:

offended by stereotype

Ummmm. I didn't say what you have me saying in your quote box attributed to me. If you're going to make stuff up, don't use the quote box.

Stereotypes are often based on truths, even if they are small and not applicable to the entire population.

Good to know. I guess that means there's truth to the stereotypes about Canada/everything else, too.

I guess that might hurt sometimes...

I'm annoyed by ignorance, not hurt.

Both of you are spending too much time arguing something that is not really on topic. Make up and have great sex or just shut up.

Well golly gee, since you put it that way, I guess I'll just shut up. Because you said so.

:lol:

...I don't base my opinions on a couple of cites. They were simply referrals to someone who suggested my opinion was some sort of anti-American insults. My opinion is based on a lifetime of dealing with Americans....

A "lifetime" eh? Apparently you haven't dealt with Americans very well, hence your bigotry and ignorance. Now go ahead and use the Internet, search engine(s), CPU, and operating systems they developed to insult them some more.