Mainstream Media ignoring and sidelining Ron Paul

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest American Woman

Yeah you can blame American Media for that as well.

Yeah, that's the ticket. Blame the American Media. No other country's media was reporting the same thing, and The World At Large can't think for itself - the American Media does all of their thinking for them. And they aren't to blame for their own lack of critical thought - The American Media is.

Odd how I, too, was subjected to The American Media, yet knew better than to buy into the myth. B)

Looks like Azimuth is a new polling company, so they don't have a record to show how credible they are. After doing a few more searches, its seems polling numbers are very inconsistent. PPP has a poll suggesting that Paul has only 9% support among Texas Republicans, which seems a little odd considering that Texans do have a history of voting for him.

Here is another poll from USA Today/Gallup:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/2011-08-08-poll-gallup-election_n.htm

Romney leads (24%) followed by Perry (17%) and Paul (14%)

I assume this a poll of everyone, not just registered Republicans.

Yeah, that's the ticket. Blame the American Media. No other country's media was reporting the same thing, and The World At Large can't think for itself - the American Media does all of their thinking for them.

How's Mr. Murdoch doing these days anyways?

And they aren't to blame for their own lack of critical thought - The American Media is.

---

Odd how I, too, was subjected to The American Media, yet knew better than to buy into the myth. B)

Is that an admission that the American Media does in fact try to manipulate the news into a certain line of thinking?

Don't forget I told all you here right from the start that Obama was going to be worse than Bush. And where was your critical thinking about the mosque in NYC?

Guest American Woman

How's Mr. Murdoch doing these days anyways?

Wouldn't know. How about you tell me since it seems to be your obsession?

Is that an admission that the American Media does in fact try to manipulate the news into a certain line of thinking?

Nope. It's an admission that the American Media reported on Obama's "Hope and Change" campaign - and I drew my own conclusions - while apparently The World At Large took it to heart.

Don't forget I told all you here right from the start that Obama was going to be worse than Bush.

Ummmmm. I don't think he is worse than Bush. So what's your point?

And where was your critical thinking about the mosque in NYC?

It's in all of my beliefs/views regarding the project, while you're just following the PC line of thought with the rest of the PC crowd ..........

Wouldn't know. How about you tell me since it seems to be your obsession?

Not so much an obsession as maybe a hobby.

Nope. It's an admission that the American Media reported on Obama's "Hope and Change" campaign - and I drew my own conclusions - while apparently The World At Large took it to heart.

So did the USA, that is why he is POTUS.

Ummmmm. I don't think he is worse than Bush. So what's your point?

How's the economy doing again?

It's in all of my beliefs/views regarding the project, while you're just following the PC line of thought with the rest of the PC crowd ..........

Thing is, I don't have anything against Muslims on the whole, just a select few of them.

Guest American Woman

Not so much an obsession as maybe a hobby.

Sure comes across as more than a "hobby" when you blame the thinking of The World At Large on the American Media.

So did the USA, that is why he is POTUS.

Really? Is that why?

Once again you do need me to tell you things. :)

He's the POTUS because more Americans who voted preferred Obama/Biden to McCain/Palin. Simple as that. I voted Obama, and it wasn't because I believed in his "hope and change" message.

How's the economy doing again?

Believe it or not, I *gasp* take more into account than the economy (which in many ways Obama inherited) when determining if Obama is better or worse than Bush. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thing is, I don't have anything against Muslims on the whole, just a select few of them.

How profound! And here I thought you were following the PC mindset re: the NYC mosque, the PC crowd - when you're obviously such a free thinker!! :rolleyes:

You still can't wrap your brain around the fact that I don't have anything against Muslims as a whole either - Because you cannot get yourself out of the PC mindset of the PC crowd. It's all or nothing with you - but only when it comes to Muslims. And the hilarious thing is, you actually believe YOU are the critical thinker - when you and the rest of your mindset are so totally and completely predictable that you can't even consider that anyone could have an opinion based on an individual situation that doesn't affect their thinking regarding the whole.

Edited by American Woman

Sure comes across as more than a "hobby" when you blame the thinking of The World At Large on the American Media.

It makes pretty good sense actually. The vast majority of what people heard about Obama came from the AMerican media. Some of it was picked up and re-aired on other networks must most of the analysis and report was American. The only time I ever watched it was on CNN.

Guest American Woman

It makes pretty good sense actually. The vast majority of what people heard about Obama came from the AMerican media. Some of it was picked up and re-aired on other networks must most of the analysis and report was American. The only time I ever watched it was on CNN.

It makes no sense at all. The media could only report what Obama said. It's up to individuals to believe whether it's going to happen or not; ie: critical thinking - rather than 'Obama said so and the Americqan media reported it so it's the American media's fault that I believed it.'

The media, in fact, didn't actually say that Obama was going to bring hope and change - only that Obama said he was going to. But even if the American Media had said he was going to do it, it would take a lemming to believe it without putting in any thought of their own.

Guest American Woman

a blatant censorship by the media and there are people who are still unable to accept how pathetic this is.

There are many, many things that the media doesn't report on - and it's not "censorship." :rolleyes:

There are many, many things that the media doesn't report on - and it's not "censorship." :rolleyes:

Actually with something as important and relevant as someone who is leading polls to be the next GOP candidate, it is indeed a form of sensorship when they announce 'Bachman placed 1st in the poll with Romney in 3rd', without even mentioning who got 2nd that is indeed censorship... oh I am sure they simply forgot to put his name in .. honest mistake .. really.... trust me .. would I lie to you???

I've seen several bits now with Paul and the MSM talking heads are asking why he is being ignored while polling as well or better than the majority of the GOP candidates. I guess he could not be ignored for long. They are still pimpin' this Perry guy as much as they can.

Edited by GostHacked

Ron Paul is a good, smart man (although I disagree with some of his libertarian views) with strong convictions. He says what a believes in instead of saying the things that voters want to hear. That's the greatest compliment I can give a politician. I can only think of a few other politicians in the US or Canada (that aren't bat-shit crazy) like this, and they include Mike Gravel, Dennis Kucinich, and Jesse Ventura. Ya that's right, i can't think of any from Canada haha!

There certainly does seem to at least be some people in the MSM who don't want Ron Paul as GOP nomineee.

Edited by Moonlight Graham

I can only think of a few other politicians in the US or Canada (that aren't bat-shit crazy) like this, and they include Mike Gravel, Dennis Kucinich, and Jesse Ventura.

Jesse Ventura is a bad example of non-crazy people. He may not be crazy, but he puts crazy conspiracy theories on television and makes money from making people think that their government is out to get them.

Actually with something as important and relevant as someone who is leading polls to be the next GOP candidate, it is indeed a form of sensorship when they announce 'Bachman placed 1st in the poll with Romney in 3rd', without even mentioning who got 2nd that is indeed censorship... oh I am sure they simply forgot to put his name in .. honest mistake .. really.... trust me .. would I lie to you???

I've seen several bits now with Paul and the MSM talking heads are asking why he is being ignored while polling as well or better than the majority of the GOP candidates. I guess he could not be ignored for long. They are still pimpin' this Perry guy as much as they can.

What polls? Show me a legit poll that has Paul even in the mix.

Jesse Ventura is a bad example of non-crazy people. He may not be crazy, but he puts crazy conspiracy theories on television and makes money from making people think that their government is out to get them.

Or you could just listen to Jesse Ventura and he will tell you that he doesn't believe a lot of the conspiracies, that it is just a show and it is meant to entertain people. He is a libertarian too so I am not surprised that you think he is crazy.

Or you could just listen to Jesse Ventura and he will tell you that he doesn't believe a lot of the conspiracies, that it is just a show and it is meant to entertain people. He is a libertarian too so I am not surprised that you think he is crazy.

This is an excellent point....I know it's hard for some, but try to distinguish between America and what is on American television. Back in the 60's, visitors to the US expected to see Old West showdowns at high noon because of television shows.

Here is 'substance' (as related to 0bama) for you, and as added bonus, being proud as a Canadian:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/canucklehead_obama_bus_ted_gyztvw89k5MyKNS4B7Qp7O

The "shell" of the bus was made in Quebec - they make all our subway cars and so on..I am just wondering where the motor was made...China perhaps? The other thing - does this bus have machine gun ports? And can if fly? No - I am not proud that Obama is cruising some shell made in Canada - kind of goes hand in hand with the shell of a man riding inside.