Occupy Wall Street Sept 17 2011

Bush Cheney is fun....He would gladly move to Canada if the U.S. Navy would send his pension north...he clings to America like a pup that loves those treats.

I do wonder why our few US posters hang around us powerless Canucks, but we do have "their" oil, albeit underground ... First Nations ground to boot ... and under protest. That would be enough spawn some lurkers and loafers to keep 'an eye' on us. ;)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do wonder why our few US posters hang around us powerless Canucks, but we do have "their" oil, albeit underground ... First Nations ground to boot ... and under protest. That would be enough spawn some lurkers and loafers to keep 'an eye' on us. ;)

He's a good guy and admires us. He might pretend to hold us in loathing and contempt - but if that were his honest perception - he would not post - he loves Canada - all he wants is for us to stop picking on the more defective Americans- He is very grateful that the American Navy gave him a hand up...I am sure that the American military attempt to hold honour and honesty high..but their leaders do not....BC is torn - He has not figure out that soldiers and naval officers are not the government..that they are better...we should give him a jerk and pull him over to the side of freedom - BC might owe trust to the military - but not to the whole American system...The Marshall class that BC belongs to is noble - the rest are not...He is to loyal to rats and does not understand that the Navy - pushes rats into the sea.

I don't speak for all Americans here or otherwise, but I hang around just for all the fun, like this:

Edited by bush_cheney2004

I don't speak for all Americans here or otherwise, but I hang around just for all the fun, like this:

You are a wonderful person....end of story - now for one more drink - keep it going - Bc - you are the best diplomat that the US has ever had - love you - now don`t get me wrong - you are not èxotic` - you are just a chump that mows the lawn and cares - love to you and the family - proud to know you. going out with in the sub channel - over and out....peace.

Guest American Woman

Seems to me there are a fair number of Canadians who criticize because they know all about the U.S. while Americans know nothing of Canada - so here we have some who take an interest, and the response is to refer to us as "lurkers and loafers?" Real nice. <_<

I'm still trying to figure out why these geniuses are protesting in New York and not in Washington and the actual government that has the power to change law. Do they not know that?

Initially I has supported the Occupy Wallstreet, but you are correct, moving it to DC would be the best course of action.

Is it hypocritical for anti-tax crusaders to use the roads?
Anti tax crusaders generally agree there needs to be some taxes to pay for things like roads. The tea party (rightly) took some heat because many members opposed social security and medicare cuts.

This image does bring the point home that our lives depend on the production provided by corporations and that perhaps the rhetotic that 'corporations are evil' is over blown.

Anti tax crusaders generally agree there needs to be some taxes to pay for things like roads. The tea party (rightly) took some heat because many members opposed social security and medicare cuts.

This image does bring the point home that our lives depend on the production provided by corporations and that perhaps the rhetotic that 'corporations are evil' is over blown.

Perhaps but it is also necessary to speak truth to power, and keep it in check. That's just the way of things.

I admire their intentions. They want change. They want justice. They may not be well organized but they do seem determined, keep coming back and the numbers are on the rise. They have not resorted to violence, at least not subtantially and I think that speaks well for them. But despite that they receive ridicule and are ignored by those who support the status quo. that's too bad because it only gives strenght to those who argue that non-violent protest will be ignored and is a waste of time. I fear that the outcome of this if it persists long enough is inevitable.

Perhaps but it is also necessary to speak truth to power, and keep it in check. That's just the way of things.

I admire their intentions. They want change. They want justice. They may not be well organized but they do seem determined, keep coming back and the numbers are on the rise. They have not resorted to violence, at least not subtantially and I think that speaks well for them. But despite that they receive ridicule and are ignored by those who support the status quo. that's too bad because it only gives strenght to those who argue that non-violent protest will be ignored and is a waste of time. I fear that the outcome of this if it persists long enough is inevitable.

I admire their intentions. They want change. They want justice. They may not be well organized but they do seem determined, keep coming back and the numbers are on the rise. They have not resorted to violence, at least not subtantially and I think that speaks well for them. But despite that they receive ridicule and are ignored by those who support the status quo.
Everything you say applies to the tea party.

Yet I don't believe you have taken such a charitable view of them.

Edited by TimG

Anti tax crusaders generally agree there needs to be some taxes to pay for things like roads.

People opposed to the bailouts on Wall Street generally agree that video cameras and clothing from the Gap can be sustainably and ethically manufactured and sold.

People opposed to the bailouts on Wall Street generally agree that video cameras and clothing from the Gap can be sustainably and ethically manufactured and sold.

Really? Even with the carbon footprint of electronics? You know, products derived from oil.

Really?

Yes, really. There's nothing hypocritical about using oil while advocating that we need to find solutions to move away from the need to use so much oil.

But now that you have set such a high standard for anyone to live their lives while holding beliefs about how things should be, I wonder how you will ever bear the hypocrisy of utilizing government services while fighting for their elimination.

I guess you'll just try not to think about it. :lol:

Everything you say applies to the tea party.

Yet I don't believe you have taken such a charitable view of them.

Why wouldn't I? I mean, if those are values that I admire, why would I dislike their message.

I don't think I've ever said anything negative about them. It's America, after all. But the way I see it, there are different elements or factions in the Tea Party. It may have started out in the same way, grass roots discontent with the status quo, dissatisfied with the dominant two party system. But I suspect that various competing elements tried to take advantage of the Tea Party. Each of the two dominant parties tried to claim their them as their pedigree. And I believe someone else tried to warn, the same thing might happen to this protest movement, if powerful interest groups seek to dominate, control and finally tame them. That is how they make them irrelevant.

Edited by Sir Bandelot

Corporations don't provide production. They own production. Labour provides it.
Really? Who provides the tools that allow the labour to work? Who provides the organization that allows the labour to to be effective? On its own, labour could never deliever the goods that keep modern society running. Corporations do that.