who are the rioters?

bud

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These uprisings were some time in the making however. So by your notion, there would be no riots anywhere if Tunisia did not riot. The Arab spring is now the European Summer. But anyways, most of these uprisings most likely have their roots and support from foreign entities, enticing and exciting the populations to rise up. But to what end?

Tunisia happened very fast. And I didn't hear a word from Egypt until a few days after it ended. I think Tunisia was spontaneous while Egypt was partly spontaneous and partly organized by groups like the Muslim Brotherhood. I don't pretend to know what, if any foreign involvement existed there or elsewhere. I've seen nothing that points to anyone. God knows there were enough locals angry at the governments there.

Tunisia happened very fast. And I didn't hear a word from Egypt until a few days after it ended. I think Tunisia was spontaneous while Egypt was partly spontaneous and partly organized by groups like the Muslim Brotherhood. I don't pretend to know what, if any foreign involvement existed there or elsewhere. I've seen nothing that points to anyone. God knows there were enough locals angry at the governments there.

Angry at governments for selling out to foreign powers and selling off resources while brutally punishing public dissent.

The transfer of wealth from all public pockets to a few private hoards is the problem everywhere, and the rallying point.

• 2 weeks later...

Tunisia happened very fast. And I didn't hear a word from Egypt until a few days after it ended. I think Tunisia was spontaneous while Egypt was partly spontaneous and partly organized by groups like the Muslim Brotherhood.

Not exactly. Because the MB are organized, they jumped on board quickly; but the initial uprising caught them as much by surpise as anyone.

• 1 month later...

Saakashvili lowers Georgia’s population

The effectiveness of democratic reforms in Georgia appeared to be deplorable. Saakashvili made a lot of transformations and a special contribution was made to lower country’s population of national minorities. In the late eighties their size was about 30%, but now it is only 16.2% and continues to decrease since social and economical policy directed against them. This way Saakashvili wants to inculcate Georgians a sense of stability and welfare on cost of the minorities whom he call "enemies of Georgia and unpeople." After the minorities will be completely ousted from Georgia then Saakashvili will turn on Georgians who will personally feel his magic touch! Maybe then everyone will see the real face of Saakashvili...