Denis Lebel

Yah Social transfers and Equalization are again right there in the Constitution. The Health act was created to address the idea that each province should have "comparable" levels of programs. The health act is there to say what comparable means. So yes when breaking it you are breaking the Constitution.

the constitution which gives provinces the sole jurisdiction over healthcare...

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep the very same one. Maybe you should read it so I don't have to answer your questions about it all the time.

There is a difference between answering and misrepresenting...but being an NPDer....who can blame you?

There is a difference between answering and misrepresenting...but being an NPDer....who can blame you?

I fail to see how I am misrepresenting. I have even been quoting the sections of the Constitution I refer to. You just fail to understand how the laws of Canada work. That isn't my fault.

I fail to see how I am misrepresenting. I have even been quoting the sections of the Constitution I refer to. You just fail to understand how the laws of Canada work. That isn't my fault.

You fail to see that healthcare and education is the responsibility of the provinces and you condone the encroachment by Ottawa into provincial jurisdiction. And you make it sound like it is their right.

It isn't. Quebec knows this. But why you haven't argued that Quebec's moves are illegal is a mystery. probably because the NPD hasn't discussed the issue with you...only Harper commenting that Alberta should exert their jurisdiction...which is some how scary scary woo woo...

I think it should be left to the courts....

You fail to see that healthcare and education is the responsibility of the provinces and you condone the encroachment by Ottawa into provincial jurisdiction. And you make it sound like it is their right.

It isn't. Quebec knows this. But why you haven't argued that Quebec's moves are illegal is a mystery. probably because the NPD hasn't discussed the issue with you...only Harper commenting that Alberta should exert their jurisdiction...which is some how scary scary woo woo...

I think it should be left to the courts....

No Harper is agree with Separatists in 2000 now he hates them even though much of what they believe he believes. No one needs to leave to the courts it is write there in the Canada act. Any idiot can read it.

No Harper is agree with Separatists in 2000 now he hates them even though much of what they believe he believes. No one needs to leave to the courts it is write there in the Canada act. Any idiot can read it.

Apparently only idiots can read that.

as if there has never been a challenge or that challenges are not allowed!

On the other hand, we should not mimic Quebec by lunging from rejection into the arms of an argument about separation. As that province has shown, separation will simply divide our population in a symbolic debate while, still part of the country, it isolates us from any allies.

Apparently only idiots can read that.

as if there has never been a challenge or that challenges are not allowed!

A province could Challenge it although every province but Quebec agree to it, get this including Alberta. Although I can see how people like yourself wouldn't know that because history escapes you.

A province could Challenge it although every province but Quebec agree to it, get this including Alberta. Although I can see how people like yourself wouldn't know that because history escapes you.

Ummm...are you implying that only provinces can make a challenge?

Ummm...are you implying that only provinces can make a challenge?

I am saying that the provinces agreed to the Canada Act which spells out how Equalization and Transfers must be paid and accepted as to create comparable social services across the country. It wasn't just the federal government that demanded it the provinces agreed to it. So when Harper writes a firewall letter saying they should not pay them anymore he is saying "break the agreement we entered into". I am saying Harper agrees with Separatists more then anyone who has run this country for the last 30 years.

I am saying that the provinces agreed to the Canada Act which spells out how Equalization and Transfers must be paid and accepted as to create comparable social services across the country. It wasn't just the federal government that demanded it the provinces agreed to it. So when Harper writes a firewall letter saying they should not pay them anymore he is saying "break the agreement we entered into". I am saying Harper agrees with Separatists more then anyone who has run this country for the last 30 years.

So are you saying then that Lesage was a separatist?

They should all be asked to make oaths of loyalty to the Queen and be done with it

Or gee-------------- Maybe a loyalty oath to a more substantive entity---- CANADA

More to the point--- we don't need the Queen of ENGLAND. here in Canada--- we can stand on own thanks.

The connection to the UK is also a huge turd that the people in Quebec don't want to smell and a united Canada would be far easier without the threat of Bigears & the horsey lady becoming king & queen.

Adn are you also saying that the constitution cannot and should not ever be altered?

Sure it Can be altered you just have to get "House of Commons, the Senate, and a two-thirds majority of the provincial legislative assemblies representing at least 50% of the national population to agree" to it. Don't like it? Take it up with everyone but the Province of Quebec and the Parti Québécois who were the only ones who didn't agree. Oh look there you are agreeing with the Separatists again.

I think I made my point. Even regular Canadians find themselves agreeing with Separatists from time to time. I hope to never see you speak out against the NDP leaders past affiliations now that we know even you would argue for a lot of their beliefs. We know Harper supports many of them as well.

Sure it Can be altered you just have to get "House of Commons, the Senate, and a two-thirds majority of the provincial legislative assemblies representing at least 50% of the national population to agree" to it.

Or simply a SCOC decision

Sure it Can be altered you just have to get "House of Commons, the Senate, and a two-thirds majority of the provincial legislative assemblies representing at least 50% of the national population to agree" to it. Don't like it? Take it up with everyone but the Province of Quebec and the Parti Québécois who were the only ones who didn't agree. Oh look there you are agreeing with the Separatists again.

Amazingly, the pro federalist Liberal party of Quebec has done nothing to change that....

Amazingly, the pro federalist Liberal party of Quebec has done nothing to change that....

Neither has that Separatist Harper. In fact the NDP was the only party that talked about getting Quebec to sign the Canada Act. Go figure just more proof how much more Federalist the NPD is then Harper eh?

Neither has that Separatist Harper. In fact the NDP was the only party that talked about getting Quebec to sign the Canada Act. Go figure just more proof how much more Federalist the NPD is then Harper eh?

Right...never been brought up... :lol: :lol:

So are the Quebec liberals separatists? You may want to consult the NPD first before answering

Right...never been brought up... :lol: :lol:

So are the Quebec liberals separatists? You may want to consult the NPD first before answering

Yah it has only been 30 years right and it has never been brought up even by Quebec who did not sign the document and does not like many parts of it. I wonder why? Could it be that it they understand the law in ways you don't Dancer.

No the Quebec Liberals are Liberals and will say and do anything to get elected including selling Federalism up the river. What surprises you about that.

Edited by punked

For someone who repeatedly throws out history as a pejorative...funny you should forget the Meech Lake accord...

...but hey what ever floats your boat

In fact the NDP was the only party that talked about getting Quebec to sign the Canada Act

:lol:

For someone who repeatedly throws out history as a pejorative...funny you should forget the Meech Lake accord...

...but hey what ever floats your boat

In fact the NDP was the only party that talked about getting Quebec to sign the Canada Act

:lol:

I remember the Meech Lake accord it failed. What is your point? We pick up the pieces and move on. Know the way not to ever have Quebec agree to be part of this country? Telling them their leaders aren't allowed to lead the country because even though they love Canada and are Federalist they agreed with the Bloc on some issue at sometime. That is the point of this whole Turmel, Denis Lebel thing. He is allowed to be a Federalist, he can lead the country there is nothing wrong with that. THAT IS THE POINT THAT ESCAPES CONSERVATIVES.

Quebec voted for the party that talking about getting them to be a part of Canada last election. The party that said they wanted them to sign the constitution, and accept federalist. Remember that in the debates when the NDP said that and Harper stood there twittling his thumbs? Then the Conservatives start acting like the most Federalist party who the people of Quebec voted for are Separatist because they miss the Bloc so much.

What are you talking about? Yes the provinces provide delivery however it is the Federal government's job to make sure that delivery is the same across the board. Welcome to Federalism 101. I notice how you have changed your opinion though and also how you now disagree with Harper's stance on Alberta holding back their equalization that we wrote about in 2000. Again stop trying to have it two ways. Typical conservative talking about of both sides of his mouth and lying out of each one.

So you disagree with Harpers stance?

Conservatives are comprised mostly of lawyers...of course they talk out of both sides of their mouth...You don't pay the big bucks for an education that does not teach you to do that. Convervatives are and have always been the money party..and lawyer and buisness people not only talk out of both sides of their mouth but out of both ends of their bodies also.