Mayhem in Tottenham U.K.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This pretty much sums it up if you want to be bothered reading it. I've been reading some British forums, the great majority believe that these are not anti poverty protests or anywhere near,

I don't think anyone every said they were anti poverty protests per se although impoverishment is definitely a huge factor in why British society and lets face it, much of the world, is finally coming apart at the seams.

they are simply opportunistic uneducated thugs.

They see and live the writing on the wall every day.

Years of liberal dogma have spawned a generation of amoral, uneducated, welfare dependent, brutalised youngsters

And yet they still know an opportunity when they see one. Go figure.

To bad society didn't have better opportunities to offer them when they might have made a difference.

Edited by eyeball

I don't think anyone every said they were anti poverty protests per se although impoverishment is definitely a huge factor in why British society and lets face it, much of the world, is finally coming apart at the seams.

They see and live the writing on the wall every day.

And yet they still know an opportunity when they see one. Go figure.

To bad society didn't have better opportunities to offer them when they might have made a difference.

Eyeball, If you PM me I can give you my FB page and make you a 'friend'. A relative of mine is shaking inside her house as rioters are wrecking things up and down her street. She's also a limo driver for celebs. She makes a lot of posts to her page that are echoed on mine. You might find the perspective of someone who lives there and is personally threatened by what's going on informative. I don't expect to change your mind but surely first hand info would be interesting to you.

Eyeball, If you PM me I can give you my FB page and make you a 'friend'. A relative of mine is shaking inside her house as rioters are wrecking things up and down her street. She's also a limo driver for celebs. She makes a lot of posts to her page that are echoed on mine. You might find the perspective of someone who lives there and is personally threatened by what's going on informative. I don't expect to change your mind but surely first hand info would be interesting to you.

I have no doubt it's the absolute shits but I don't do FB. Thanks for asking me to be a friend though.

The IPCC in the UK verified, and then they had their findings verified that the bullet lodged in the police radio was a police issue bullet coming from an MP5.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/aug/09/mark-duggan-police-ipcc

Releasing the initial findings of ballistics tests, the police watchdog said a CO19 firearms officer fired two bullets, and that a bullet that lodged in a police radio was "consistent with being fired from a police gun".

The IPCC in the UK verified, and then they had their findings verified that the bullet lodged in the police radio was a police issue bullet coming from an MP5.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/aug/09/mark-duggan-police-ipcc

That would really suck if he wasn't stupid enough to be armed in the first place.

Indeed. Drug dealers have their rights.

:)

Drug dealer or not, the cops lied when they said they fired in self defence. I know this fact is lost on knuckleheads like you and Dancer, (which is expected from twiddle-dee and twiddle-dumb) ... so regardless of him being a drug dealer and carrying a weapon, he was murdered.

This will happen to you if you want to keep being apologetic to the system. You are only going to change your mind once you are caught up in the middle of it. Only when it affects you, will you take notice. I'd like to prevent that from happening, regardless of what I think of you two bozos.

Drug dealer or not, the cops lied when they said they fired in self defence. I know this fact is lost on knuckleheads like you and Dancer, (which is expected from twiddle-dee and twiddle-dumb) ... so regardless of him being a drug dealer and carrying a weapon, he was murdered.

This will happen to you if you want to keep being apologetic to the system. You are only going to change your mind once you are caught up in the middle of it. Only when it affects you, will you take notice. I'd like to prevent that from happening, regardless of what I think of you two bozos.

Why do you engage in personal attacks....hmmmm? Feeling a little guilty? When was your last riot, oh great one?

;)

Why do you engage in personal attacks....hmmmm? Feeling a little guilty? When was your last riot, oh great one?

;)

Drug dealer or not, the cops lied when they said they fired in self defence.

find where the cops made that statement

I know this fact is lost on knuckleheads like you and Dancer, (which is expected from twiddle-dee and twiddle-dumb) ... so regardless of him being a drug dealer and carrying a weapon, he was murdered.

The fact you won't be able to find a cite for your claim or the fact that cops can use deadly force if they encounter a gunman and they feel threatened?

Indeed. Drug dealers have their rights.

:)

And apparently cops need to be shot at first before they can defend themselves...goes back to the days of chivalry I think.

It does put the cops at a disadvantage....but hey, we must protect the armed drug dealers

Guest American Woman

First of all, can you provide a quote from the cops saying they fired in self defense? And secondly, if you were faced with an armed criminal, do you think it might be considered self defense if you fired at him first rather than wait for him to shoot you before firing? And do you think you would have perhaps lost your chance at self-defense if you waited for him to shoot first?

First of all, can you provide a quote from the cops saying they fired in self defense? And secondly, if you were faced with an armed criminal, do you think it might be considered self defense if you fired at him first rather than wait for him to shoot you before firing? And do you think you would have perhaps lost your chance at self-defense if you waited for him to shoot first?

You can see why the 6 Day War is such a pickle.

:lol:

And apparently cops need to be shot at first before they can defend themselves...goes back to the days of chivalry I think.

It does put the cops at a disadvantage....but hey, we must protect the armed drug dealers

It is indeed odd. Most folks would no doubt fire first before getting shot themselves. Most folks...

Edited by DogOnPorch

Guest American Woman

I'd say the first preventative step we can all take is to not be a drug dealer carrying a loaded weapon...

There's a good article here on the entitlement mentality - heck Britain has been a welfare state for years, national health care, pensions, national housing etc. etc. seems like it's not enough, as the looters in designer T-shirts with expensive mobile phones wanted free stuff. That's all it was, nothing more, and it was contagious as it spread.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/opinion/less-political-rebellion-more-mollycoddled-mob/story-e6frg6zo-1226111939883

These observers are right that there is a political context to the riots. While the police shooting of young black man Mark Duggan may ostensibly have been the trigger for the street violence, there is a broader context to the disturbances. But they are wrong about what the political context is. Painting these riots as some kind of action replay of historic political streetfights against capitalist bosses or racist cops might allow armchair radicals to get their intellectual rocks off, as they lift their noses from dusty tomes about the Levellers or the suffragettes and fantasise that a political upheaval of equal worth is occurring outside their windows. But such shameless projection misses what is new and deeply worrying about these riots. The political context is not the cuts or racist policing, it is the welfare state, which has nurtured a generation that has no sense of community spirit or social solidarity.

What we have on the streets of London and elsewhere are welfare-state mobs. The youth who are shattering their own communities represent a generation that has been suckled by the state more than any generation before it. They live in urban territories where the sharp-elbowed intrusion of the welfare state during the past 30 years has pushed aside older ideals of self-reliance and community spirit. The march of the welfare state into every aspect of urban, less well-off people's existences, from their financial wellbeing to their child-rearing habits and even into their emotional lives, with the rise of therapeutic welfarism designed to ensure that the poor remain "mentally fit", has undermined individual resourcefulness and social bonding. The antisocial youthful rioters are the end-product of this antisocial system of state intervention.

I have relatives in the U.K. including two cops...

If you think this is a class thing you are wrong and, maybe you are not aware of the welfare system in Britain, where no one need to go hungry or go without shelter. The State guarantees a minimum living standard which is the envy of much of the world - hence the extreme efforts many make to illegally enter the country. The problem is not of food and shelter, but a sense of what young people feel is their entitlement and the amount of effort, or lack thereof, they are prepared to expend to get it.

There are also other problems excessive, uncontrolled immigration in recent years, which Britain is unable to absorb and provide employment for.

The rioting has absolutely nothing to do with deprivation and far more to do with greed, mainly thanks to 'Human Rights' legislation and a feeling that the police are not able, or won’t do anything, and that the courts are afraid to act. This, because they know that they can appeal a sentence (paid for by the State) and the army of lawyers are willing to take the money and act.

Maybe now, these riots will act as a catalyst to help redress the balance in favour of the hard working taxpaying majority. ( who fund those nonsense in the first place)

Edited by scribblet

there are over 1.6 million muslims in the u.k. they're probably just tricking us by laying low and not killing people.

Hard core Islam is a corporation or a collective very similar to hard core communists. They are polite on the outside but down deep they would murder anyone that interferes with their agenda.