What's wrong with Support our Troops stickers on government vehicl

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, don't get so defensive over your latest faux pas... no need to apologize

Faux pas? I am not the one who positioned Bosnia and Kosovo together...

But seriously, you need this drawn with crayons? You think that terrorism against us isn't an attack on our freedoms? How about the Korean war then? How about the Second World War?

If one wants to really support the troops, wait till they get home, when they need the support the most. If the government really wants to support the troops as well, then they should be taking care of them when they get home. They need a lot of help to integrate back into society. Some need long term care because of physical, and psychological trauma they encountered in battle.

You cannot support the troops by placing a sticker on your car. You might support the mission (in which the troops are nothing but a tool to reach a certain goal), with the sticker, but you are not supporting the troops in any way shape or form by a stupid propaganda sticker.

Support them by helping them when they get home, when they need it most.

Your right, but then again we never went to war with the Bosnians...We may have assisted them put their country back together through the UN and NATO....

If our powerful big dogs were honest and not afraid of taking a huge finacial loss - Nato would have gone into Saudi Arabia and dismanteled their corrupt kingdom - that put up the money for the horrific attack on New York - but instead we were deverted off into Iraq and Afghanistan. Question - Who do you go after first? The assasin (the common trigger man) or the person that paid the assasin?

Logic dictates you go to the source - we did not.

We "may" have. Maj-Gen. Lewis MacKenzie thinks we may have not!

"Years ago our television screens were dominated by pictures of Kosovo-Albanian refugees escaping across Kosovo's borders to the sanctuaries of Macedonia and Albania. Shrill reports indicated that Slobodan Milosevic's security forces were conducting a campaign of genocide and that at least 100,000 Kosovo-Albanians had been exterminated and buried in mass graves throughout the Serbian province. NATO sprung into action and, in spite of the fact no member nation of the alliance was threatened, commenced bombing not only Kosovo, but the infrastructure and population of Serbia itself -- without the authorizing United Nations resolution so revered by Canadian leadership, past and present."

We did not go to WAR with Serbia either, it was a NATO action to stop Genocide.which was later approved by the UN...you did read your own quote that atleast 100,000 Kosovo- albanians had been exterminated....So while our own freedoms were not threaten in any way, we as one of the western powers do have a world responsibility to act on those that can not defend themselfs...we have used military action protecting others basic Human rights before...is that a bad thing?

Faux pas? I am not the one who positioned Bosnia and Kosovo together...

But seriously, you need this drawn with crayons? You think that terrorism against us isn't an attack on our freedoms?

Here we go again. Reductio ad Sept. 11...

:rolleyes:

Bosnia and Kosovo, that was terrorism? No, of course not.

I think what the General said sounds important. Something about law, illegal war, stuff like that. I suppose he ought to know, he is a General after all.

We did not go to WAR with Serbia either, it was a NATO action to stop Genocide.which was later approved by the UN...you did read your own quote that atleast 100,000 Kosovo- albanians had been exterminated....So while our own freedoms were not threaten in any way, we as one of the western powers do have a world responsibility to act on those that can not defend themselfs...we have used military action protecting others basic Human rights before...is that a bad thing?

While this sounds good in principle, I cannot personally speak to what the General said about it. Just showing what was said, by someone I would acknowledge as an expert. His criticism remains unanswered.

While this sounds good in principle, I cannot personally speak to what the General said about it. Just showing what was said, by someone I would acknowledge as an expert. His criticism remains unanswered.

hardly....and again, nothing to do with Bosnia

Edited by M.Dancer

Maybe it would put things in context if you printed the entire article....And kosovo was not the first time Canada has used military action to protect or perserve basic human rights in other countries. As we have seen first hand what happens when we do not intervene as in Rwanda....it goes to show just how slow and in effective the UN really is.