Islamification of Toronto?

Shwa

Yeah, that is exactly why right after the election the Conservatives were giving credit to targetting new Canadians in Toronto as one of the reasons they won.

:rolleyes:

Muslims vote conservative ...why would such a strict group vote for the same sex liberal marriage crowd? The only reason that most immigrants voted liberal in the begining is because they fear deportation if they did not - it was liberal policy and mindset that was responsbile for such open immigration..so immigrants thought that our potitics were like those in their nations of origin - You do me a favour - I do you a favour - Once they figured out that they could vote for who ever they pleased - the liberals fell.

You keep changing the goal posts. Now I need to show that Muslims are a 'net minus' to Canada, an ill-defined term, at best. Are you talking about economics, social unrest, crime, or what?

For my part, all I'm saying is the people described in the article are not Canadians, as far as I'm concerned, and such people should never have been allowed into Canada to begin with. And I rather doubt many people I know (you apparently live in a different strata) would disagree with that.

Presumably they shouldn't have been let in because they are a net minus to our country, right?

Are you just talking about the individuals in the Sun story? They're not Canadian because they're boorish and don't accept other faiths? Lots of Canadians like that around.

You are talking about religion - I was talking about the teachings of Christ..Christianity does not have much to do with Jesus - I would say that the pure and true concepts of the original teachings almost disappeard after his death.. Looks like you have a bit of hate going on there - and it appears taht you payed to much attention to so called Christians and never bothered studying Chirst...so I agree with you that they are bathing in bull shit.. but I would not agree that Jesus the Christ did the same.

I suppose you are right.

I am talking about how Christians manipulate their teachings rather than what is written.

I suppose you are right.

I am talking about how Christians manipulate their teachings rather than what is written.

99.9% of Christians are not Christians - it is completely another phenomena...as for what is written - most of the NT was composed by Saul - or Paul...who never even met Jesus..so how much crediblity can you grant that? - the core of the state of mind that was Christ - is only understood by a few.

When I hear a Christain say "God Bless" _ get pissed of - because it should be they that bless and there should be no deferal to God...they are full of shit...no wonder other religions are walking all over them - at least Islam admits that it is dishonest and evil - Christians actually think they are holy....

And yet they weren't called out in the subject of this thread. I guess it wouldn't be respectful to do so.

Do Jews ostracize women when they have their period? If not, why would you think they ought to be 'called out' on this subject?

They are seen as unclean by some and shouldn't be touched.

They are not prohibited by the rule of the temple from going to temple or from praying, regardless of what some individuals might think. If there are any institutional sanctions I am unaware of them.

Yeah, that is exactly why right after the election the Conservatives were giving credit to targetting new Canadians in Toronto as one of the reasons they won.

:rolleyes:

Are you under the illusion that all new Canadians are Muslims? The Tories have made a lot of progress among some new Canadians, but principally Asians, and in particular, Indians. Muslims don't trust or like the Tories because of their support for Israel and for anti-terrorism legislation and cooperation with the US.

Are you under the illusion that all new Canadians are Muslims? The Tories have made a lot of progress among some new Canadians, but principally Asians, and in particular, Indians. Muslims don't trust or like the Tories because of their support for Israel and for anti-terrorism legislation and cooperation with the US.

Give it time - Muslims will become Tories. Conservatism is about rules and rule of law...Islam will fit in very nicely - once we get them calmed down.

Do Jews ostracize women when they have their period? If not, why would you think they ought to be 'called out' on this subject?

Yes they do, I aleady pointed it out. If you didn't know that then ok. But why is it that Muslims are called out and not other strange religious practices such as belief in cannibalism?

Is the idea people would support fundamental justice so odd to your black and white view of the world?

No, but the yawning gulf between how you and I define fundamental justice is obviously as wide as any cultural divide.

People like you seem more alien to me all the time. Toronto didn't seem that different to me when I visited there after 25 years but I definitely don't recognize Canada anymore.

Yes they do, I aleady pointed it out. If you didn't know that then ok. But why is it that Muslims are called out and not other strange religious practices such as belief in cannibalism?

What do you mean you already pointed it out? You said it. That's not the same thing as actually supplying the slightest backup. We know that officially, these girls were not permitted to take part in the prayer because that is the rule for Muslims, and so widespread it's accepted without controversy -- by Muslims, at least. Doing a web search seems to show this is pretty much standard fare. I also did a web search looking for similar Jewish rules and found nothing.

No, but the yawning gulf between how you and I define fundamental justice is obviously as wide as any cultural divide.

You simply don't know much about me and my views on justice because your view of me is shaped by my demand for stiffer penalties. However, if the penalties were too stiff, in my opinion, I'd be leaning in the other direction. There are a lot of pretty harsh, draconian sentences for non violent offenses in the US which appall me, for example. And I would not want to go that way.

What do you mean you already pointed it out? You said it. That's not the same thing as actually supplying the slightest backup. We know that officially, these girls were not permitted to take part in the prayer because that is the rule for Muslims, and so widespread it's accepted without controversy -- by Muslims, at least. Doing a web search seems to show this is pretty much standard fare. I also did a web search looking for similar Jewish rules and found nothing.

I am breaking a rule of mine here by giving you a link even though you haven't given me one yet for your claims.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_Judaism

I am breaking a rule of mine here by giving you a link even though you haven't given me one yet for your claims.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_Judaism

Well, you didn't really break it given your link does nothing for your argument. Let me say from the start that I'm sure there are all sorts of things said in the Jewish texts about women that would be controversial, as there are in the bible. What I want is some sort of continuing public, institutional discrimination based on menstruation which shows women have to be ostracized once a month. There is, to my knowledge, no prohibition on Jewish women praying or attending temple. Do you have anything which says there is?

Well, you didn't really break it given your link does nothing for your argument. Let me say from the start that I'm sure there are all sorts of things said in the Jewish texts about women that would be controversial, as there are in the bible. What I want is some sort of continuing public, institutional discrimination based on menstruation which shows women have to be ostracized once a month. There is, to my knowledge, no prohibition on Jewish women praying or attending temple. Do you have anything which says there is?

Yes - the fact that they can't be touched because they're unclean.

Sorry I read this again: no, not on prayer but yes they are ostracized and have fewer rights.

But this is cherry picking anyway. We have seen this on these boards before - people trying to demonize one religion over another, or trying to make religions the cause of certain problems.

Yes - the fact that they can't be touched because they're unclean.

Sorry I read this again: no, not on prayer but yes they are ostracized and have fewer rights.

But this is cherry picking anyway. We have seen this on these boards before - people trying to demonize one religion over another, or trying to make religions the cause of certain problems.

Are you saying religions aren't the cause of certain problems? Are you saying that anyone complaining about any group of people is 'trying to demonize them'?

Are you saying religions aren't the cause of certain problems? Are you saying that anyone complaining about any group of people is 'trying to demonize them'?

I don't think religion is a root cause, no.

If people were even- handed about criticizing groups then I wouldn't call it demonizing, but most pick on one group only.

And yet they weren't called out in the subject of this thread. I guess it wouldn't be respectful to do so.

What, exactly, were the Jews to be called out for in this thread? Have they installed a synagogue in a public school? Are they segregating Jewish girls in public schools during their period? Are mobs of Jews running around assaulting people for taking photographs? If you have something that Toronto's Jews are up to that we need to know about, please speak up.

-k

What, exactly, were the Jews to be called out for in this thread? Have they installed a synagogue in a public school? Are they segregating Jewish girls in public schools during their period? Are mobs of Jews running around assaulting people for taking photographs? If you have something that Toronto's Jews are up to that we need to know about, please speak up.

-k

Some people have a need to point to Christians or Jews and yell "they do it too" whenever someone says something about Muslims. It's obviously of no relevance, for many reasons, for example, someone else doing something wrong doesn't mean Muslims doing it is right, and of course that the discrimination in Islam at the present time is far worse than it is (to the extent that it even exists) in Christianity and Judaism. I would have thought our friendly neighborhood facilitator would have been above a "they did it too!" defense but I guess not.

I think "they do it too" might have some merit in pointing out a double standard... if Michael could actually point out what it is that "they" "do" that "they" should be called out for.

When I posted the story about the photographer being attacked by Muslims, I suppose that I could have also mentioned that some tribes of African bushmen believe that having your photograph taken takes your soul away, but I'm not aware of any incidents where a mob of bushmen has attacked photographers in Toronto or elsewhere in Canada for that matter.

-k

-k

They could possibly be called out for a number of things that make them different from secular folks, but they're not. That's because they're established, and known here. The same respect is not accorded to Muslims, and it's not fair, that's all.

Muslims and Jews we forget are both from the common back ground - They are both Shemites...and yes they have this silly belief that if a woman is on her period that if she attempts to bake bread - the bread will be bad - this is superstition and a contempt for the reproductive process...it is woman hate....what a bunch of monkeys. Sorry if I offended the apes.

You said that treating young girls like that was extremist and akin to the Taliban. I pointed out that this is the way the whole Muslim world treats young girls and now you're frantically back-pedaling.

Your words are pretty clear.

2.I don't think Muslims who believe women who are mentruating are unclean can be described as hillbilly yokels...That's an insult to hillbilly yokels!!!

I think "The Taliban" is a better term...Bloodthirsty Islamofascists might be a better one..

So since the entire Muslim world thinks menstruating women are unclean then the entire Muslim world is made up of Islamofascists. Your words.

Actually your words...

It's not shocking to me at all with your admitted racial/ethnic bias that you impugne over a billion people as having a monolithic mindset...

Even Benjamin Netanyahu does'nt believe that!!!

My wife has Muslim friends...Women...They're not locked away every 28 to 31 days...

By all means,continue your reflexive and simple mided bigotry...

Put it all out there for everyone to see...

And quit the very Professoresque selective quoting...

Edited by Jack Weber

I don't think religion is a root cause, no.

If people were even- handed about criticizing groups then I wouldn't call it demonizing, but most pick on one group only.

You don't think that might be because of that/those group's particular behavior patterns?