Islamification of Toronto?

Shwa

Well, for the sake of argument...

Some might consider it "Islamification" if law enforcement officers are so buffaloed by claims of religious freedoms, or so afraid of charges of bigotry or offending Muslims, that they're unwilling to enforce the law.

Some might consider it "Islamification" when a mob of angry Muslims arrives to force Muslim views upon non-Muslims, as well.

-k

Like I said if we make cops wear cameras it would be a lot more difficult to buffalo them. More to the point though it would make it more difficult to avoid the charge they are letting themselves be buffaloed.

If cops have something to say about any orders they're being given to allow themselves to be buffaloed they should speak up. If I was a fed up cop caught in this jeopardy I'd try to produce recordings of superiors giving me these orders. Hopefully these superiors would keep pointing up the chain of command towards the real source of this problem which I suspect ultimately leads to people like Jason Kenny.

The article mentions a prayer service on Fridays. Friday is Jumu'ah.

And yet, they're supposed to pray five times a day EVERY day, so if they somehow are coping with that without taking over the cafeteria and bringing in an imam then why do they need it on Friday? Let them pray after school.

1.Not just chickens...Snakes,as well!!!

2.I don't think Muslims who believe women who are mentruating are unclean can be described as hillbilly yokels...That's an insult to hillbilly yokels!!!

I think "The Taliban" is a better term...Bloodthirsty Islamofascists might be a better one...

This is a mainstream Muslim belief common throughout the world. What you are saying is that there is no difference between the average Muslim and Taliban/Islamofascist.

So you yourself agree with special treatment based on... what... Race? Religion? I ask you.

Special treatment?

Who is calling for special treatment? I'm calling for reasonably intelligent judgement which says that primitive, backward, violent people should not be allowed to even enter Canada, much less be given citizenship cards.

You have zero evidence of that.

I take it you've been sleeping in a cave the last ten years...

Besides, you have already admitted your bias in this- you don't even consider these people Canadian because they speak another language.

And have trouble reading, apparently.

I don't consider primitive, shrieking, violent religious fanatics wrapped in bedsheets to be Canadians. I really don't get the thinking of people like you. It's as if you think if you snap the grill off a Mercedes and stick it on an Aveo, the Aveo now becomes a Mercedes. Well, guess what? All the parts are still Chevrolet. And it's still going to act like an Aveo, and perform like a Aveo, and break down like an Aveo. Putting on a new grille doesn't change a bloody thing. So you take some primitive, superstitions religious fanatic from a socially backward culture and hand them a Canadian passport they're the same person they were before they got the passport. The fact they're so religious they have to hide from the world under a black sheet, and that they don't speak English helps makes it virtually impossible for them to change in any significant way.

And we keep bringing these people over in their tens of thousands every year.... why exactly? Because there's a shortage of taxi drivers?

Edited by Scotty

Special treatment?

Who is calling for special treatment? I'm calling for reasonably intelligent judgement which says that primitive, backward, violent people should not be allowed to even enter Canada, much less be given citizenship cards.

http://a0.twimg.com/profile_images/1080036016/no_irish_no_blacks_no_dogs_bigger.jpg

And Jews too?

Sure, why not? I don't hold Jews to be above mockery any more than any other religion. They just generally don't do much to deserve mockery in Canada.

-k

I take it you've been sleeping in a cave the last ten years...

You can' t condemn the whole for the actions of a few. If you do, you're a patsy who is falling into their plan to sow religious hatred.

Beyond that, Gallup just released a poll showing the tolerance of US Muslims

I don't consider primitive, shrieking, violent religious fanatics wrapped in bedsheets to be Canadians.

Ok. But you don't have anything to offer other than you own basic tastes in people.

Without a rational argument, you can't convince others who don't share your tastes.

And we keep bringing these people over in their tens of thousands every year.... why exactly? Because there's a shortage of taxi drivers?

Complain to Mr. Harper. I remember folks saying HE would cut back immigration if he was elected, then it was when he got a majority.

We still have the highest immigration rate around - maybe it just makes sense after all?

Even immigrants don't want more immigratants. They know that a fair standard of living that is in Canada is not sustainable - when more people are added to the mix - also - we have lost control over our boarders. Back to Islam in T.O. - When some judge hag removes a Christmas tree from the entrance of one of our judical buildings - then I say remove Islamic prayer rooms from our other institutions such as public schools in Tononto. We are being disrupted and destroyed from within by our own - culturally and religiously - we do not need to add strange new aggressive arrivals to the mix.

You can' t condemn the whole for the actions of a few.

How few is few? You're falling into the same old gambit of narrowing the problem to just terrorists, and absolving everyone else of blame, even if they support virtually everything the terrorists believe in, including Sharia law -- and that females menstruating are unclean and are forbidden to be in holy places or pray. Is it only a few who believe women should be hidden under bedsheets, or at the very least must hide their hair, lest its magic rays drive men insane with lust (Former Iranian President explaining why women must cover up their hair). Seems to me, this is more than a 'few'. Didn't a poll a few years back state that something like 40% of Canadian Muslims basically had the same religious and social based beliefs as terrorists, other than the violence to bring them about?

Ok. But you don't have anything to offer other than you own basic tastes in people.

Without a rational argument, you can't convince others who don't share your tastes.

I actually meet very few Canadians who don't share my tastes. In fact, in my neighbourhood -- I'm a liberal. Even the people I know who are very much on the Left of the political persuasion seem to have to bite their tongues when the talk is about Muslims and their social beliefs.

Complain to Mr. Harper. I remember folks saying HE would cut back immigration if he was elected, then it was when he got a majority.

We still have the highest immigration rate around - maybe it just makes sense after all?

The Reform Party was in favour of deep cuts to immigration because it was a grass roots party which cared about what people thought. Harper is a pragmatist who cares about power, and since he can't get Quebecers to vote for an Anglo that means courting the immigrant vote.

Maybe it also makes Conservatives win elections.

Apparently immigrants really twig to tough on crime rhetoric. They are after all used to harsh vengeance systems and far less civil liberties where they come from. If anything right-wingers should see the country become more like their conservative utopia the more we're Islamified. I honestly don't understand what right right-wingers are complaining about here. It's like they want something both ways. Go figure.

This is a mainstream Muslim belief common throughout the world. What you are saying is that there is no difference between the average Muslim and Taliban/Islamofascist.

No I am not..

I think a very violent and intimidating minority,the size of which is certainly up for debate,has virtually silenced the vast majority of people who happen to be Muslim from standing up against them...

Benjamin Netanyahu virtually siad the same thing in an interview with CNN back in March when describing the situation in Gaza...I agree with him completely!

This is'nt the first time you have tried to put words in my mouth...You tried to do so in the Crime and Punishment thread and now your trying here...

Either come up with actual evidence that I subscribe to such assinine theories or zip it....

Seems the institution of Islam is more dishonest than first thought. This buisness about woman who are not virgins, either through sex or other wise...can surgically have their virginity restored - so as they are fit for Muslim marriage. From what I hear there are doctors who speicalize in turning young Muslim girls back into virgins for there prospective husbands.

Here is my point regarding the hypocritial dishonesty of the `faith` ---That marriage being the building block of society - will start of in bad faith - that the Muslim woman who is not a virgin - begins the life long relationship on a LIE....

It seems that truth is not a concept that is important in Islam - where as in Christianity - truth is the foundation of Christian doctrine.... These people force woman under the threat of torment or death to be totally dishonest with their mates..that is a culture where a littlel bit of crimminality is acceptable..they live in a world that is full of pretence.

I don't know what a 'few' means, but the onus is on you- do you have ANYTHING concrete - a link to a study perhaps - that says that Muslum immigrants are a net minus to Canada ?

You keep changing the goal posts. Now I need to show that Muslims are a 'net minus' to Canada, an ill-defined term, at best. Are you talking about economics, social unrest, crime, or what?

For my part, all I'm saying is the people described in the article are not Canadians, as far as I'm concerned, and such people should never have been allowed into Canada to begin with. And I rather doubt many people I know (you apparently live in a different strata) would disagree with that.

It seems that truth is not a concept that is important in Islam - where as in Christianity - truth is the foundation of Christian doctrine....

If Christians actually believed in truth, they'd know that evolution does exist and it is entirely possible that we evolved from another creature...

Christians use their faith to justify immoral behaviour all the time. I've lived with more conservative christians, I know that for a fact. "God would want me to be happy", "It's ok to steal money from my step son because he's an atheist" lol...

Islam, overseas, is where Christianity was only a few hundred years ago. The idea that Christianity is that much more civilized is steaming bathtub of BS being bathed in by Christians.

Edited by MiddleClassCentrist

Maybe it also makes Conservatives win elections.

Muslims don't vote for the Conservative Party. They vote Liberal and NDP.

Apparently immigrants really twig to tough on crime rhetoric. They are after all used to harsh vengeance systems and far less civil liberties where they come from. If anything right-wingers should see the country become more like their conservative utopia the more we're Islamified. I honestly don't understand what right right-wingers are complaining about here. It's like they want something both ways. Go figure.

What we want is justice. That means we don't want a slap on the wrist for criminals, but nor does it mean we'd tolerate having the wrist cut off either. Is the idea people would support fundamental justice so odd to your black and white view of the world?

No I am not..

You said that treating young girls like that was extremist and akin to the Taliban. I pointed out that this is the way the whole Muslim world treats young girls and now you're frantically back-pedaling.

Either come up with actual evidence that I subscribe to such assinine theories or zip it....

Your words are pretty clear.

2.I don't think Muslims who believe women who are mentruating are unclean can be described as hillbilly yokels...That's an insult to hillbilly yokels!!!

I think "The Taliban" is a better term...Bloodthirsty Islamofascists might be a better one..

So since the entire Muslim world thinks menstruating women are unclean then the entire Muslim world is made up of Islamofascists. Your words.

Edited by Scotty

We have politicians that would prefer supplement populations with immigration rather than birth rate.

I'm personally of the opinion that we should have a birth rate solution... Countries that are over populated should make it less feasible to have large families... that is their responsibility.

Europeans are intelligent bleeding hearts in a way that they are slowly leading themselves to extinction. We are a minority world wide, our birth rate is extremely low. The earth has a lot of people on it, so lets not encourage birth rate of our civilization... Rather than having other races take responsibility for their birth rate, we'll do it for them by making ourselves extinct over time.

• Like 1

Muslims don't vote for the Conservative Party. They vote Liberal and NDP.

Yeah, that is exactly why right after the election the Conservatives were giving credit to targetting new Canadians in Toronto as one of the reasons they won.

:rolleyes:

If Christians actually believed in truth, they'd know that evolution does exist and it is entirely possible that we evolved from another creature...

Christians use their faith to justify immoral behaviour all the time. I've lived with more conservative christians, I know that for a fact. "God would want me to be happy", "It's ok to steal money from my step son because he's an atheist" lol...

Islam, overseas, is where Christianity was only a few hundred years ago. The idea that Christianity is that much more civilized is steaming bathtub of BS being bathed in by Christians.

You are talking about religion - I was talking about the teachings of Christ..Christianity does not have much to do with Jesus - I would say that the pure and true concepts of the original teachings almost disappeard after his death.. Looks like you have a bit of hate going on there - and it appears taht you payed to much attention to so called Christians and never bothered studying Chirst...so I agree with you that they are bathing in bull shit.. but I would not agree that Jesus the Christ did the same.