Islamification of Toronto?

Shwa

7 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Uh huh.  Do you want to ban them from coming too ?

Anything else you want to cancel while we're on it ?

Would you like Canada to be more like an Islamic country or less?

Are you going to Somalia anytime soon to live? If not...why not?

29 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Uh huh.  Do you want to ban them from coming too ?

Anything else you want to cancel while we're on it ?

"Are non-Muslims' fear or dislike of Islam "irrational" or "exaggerated"?

Muhammad killed thousands of non-Muslims (see Religion of Peace), his Quran tells Muslims to "kill" non-Muslims (see No Compulsion in Religion), and Muslims are killing non-Muslims indiscriminately around the world, including in USA (Boston, Orlando, San Bernardino), UK (London, Manchester), France (Paris, Nice), Belgium (Brussels), Spain (Madrid), Germany (Berlin), Russia (Beslan, Saint Petersburg), Indonesia (Bali).

The are also killing Christians discriminately in the Middle East (e.g., Iraq, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Turkey), Africa (e.g., Egypt, Sudan, Nigeria, Niger, Libya, Cameroon, Chad, Mali, Ivory Coast, Somalia) and Asia (e.g., The Philippines, Indonesia).

Therefore, the fear or dislike of Islam is neither "irrational" nor "exaggerated" nor "unfounded," but eminently rational and founded in light of the instructions in the Quran and the actions of Muhammad and Muslims today. It would in fact be irrational to not fear or dislike those who are trying to kill you. After all, would you accuse the Jews in Europe in 1942 of suffering from irrational "Naziphobia" (see Hitler and Islam)?

"Islamophobia" is a misnomer coined by Muslims (see Muslim Brotherhood) as part of their campaign (see Taqiyya) to neutralize the opposition to and prevent the criticism of Islam that it deserves."

ISLAMOPHOBIA — What Is The Definition of "Islamophobia?" (billionbibles.org)

Watch the video at that link.

14 hours ago, Charles Anthony said:

Folks, 

Do not derail the topic of this discussion with hate-mongering and other crap. 

Seriously?

You disappeared a post that pointed out events since this necro thread from 2011 concerning the school that was demanding in-school prayer services have illustrated how acquiescing to such demands was maybe not a good idea.

So pointing out that prayer meetings in the cafeteria of a public school where menstruating girls were made to sit at the back on the grounds they're considered unclean by an anti-western ideology and the fact that one of the most heinous Islamic terrorist attacks in Canadian history came out of the same area served by that school can only have a hate-mongering connection?

Curious that you don't think Mike bringing up the Quebec mosque shooting could have the same effect.

But very well, I'll connect my very relevant observation of where the Thorncliffe enclave has gone since authorities started bowing to religious demands Islamifying schools in the area to where the topic has devolved into on this thread over the decade.

Mike asks if we would stop immigration of Muslims and calls out to freedom of religion as a call against it.

Now myself, I wouldn't ban Muslim immigration however I would restrict entry to anti-western policies within enemy ideologies. Also my opinion is Canadian freedoms and benefits are for Canadians. If you want them first you have to become a Canadian.

Demanding things like menstruating girls be forced to sit at the back of religious gatherings in public gatherings wouldn't be considered in my brave new world of Immigration restrictions to enemies of the west. My questionnaire would be asking questions like "Do you now or would you ever support Sharia in Canada" because any who might answer affirmatively to such a question would not gain entry and they would have no doubt that changing their minds once they got in would send them back.

The twisted mind of Faisal Hussein, the Danforth Shooter would not have gotten the perceived culture endorsement that it would be OK to jump on a Bus over to Greektown and shoot the Kafirs. 

But Toronto went a different way and different things have happened than would have happened if immigrants had to answer my questionaire at the border.

Communists would have had problems with entry as well BTW.

Edited by Infidel Dog

Those who CHOSE to immigrate to Canada either accept the customs and cultures of the host country that have granted them the privilege of citizenship as is, which is believing in equality of women and respect for women, freedom of speech and religion and respect for other cultures and religions, or get the hell out to the land they come from. And this applies to anyone regardless of religion, race or nationality.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

On 5/21/2021 at 7:48 PM, blackbird said:

1) "Are non-Muslims' fear or dislike of Islam "irrational" or "exaggerated"?

2) Muhammad killed thousands of non-Muslims (see Religion of Peace), his Quran tells Muslims to "kill" non-Muslims (see No Compulsion in Religion), and Muslims are killing ...

3) Therefore, the fear or dislike of Islam is neither "irrational" nor "exaggerated" nor "unfounded," ... 

1) A context-free question.  Individual fears can be irrational or rational, depending on the situation.
2) Ok, those are observations but they don't amount to proof or evidence of whatever you are trying to say.
3) Non sequitur.

My experience is that people who back things up with videos don't understand the fundamentals of logic, but that's just anecdotal ;)

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/25/2021 at 5:41 AM, Michael Hardner said:

1) A context-free question.  Individual fears can be irrational or rational, depending on the situation.
2) Ok, those are observations but they don't amount to proof or evidence of whatever you are trying to say.
3) Non sequitur.

My experience is that people who back things up with videos don't understand the fundamentals of logic, but that's just anecdotal ;)

1) Maybe context-free if you live on Mars, but FYI recent and distant history on earth both show a pattern of extreme bigotry, discrimination, violence and murder from islam.

Just a few years ago, islamic state was broadcasting the fact that they were beheading journalists and burning people alive and it helped them to recruit enough muslims to capture an area the size of a large country while fighting off the armies of Syria, Turkey, Russia, the US, Canada (lol) etc.

If a Buddhist was bragging about beheadings and burning people alive, what % of Buddhists do you think would rally to the cause? Hindus? Sikhs? Christians? Canadians? Mexicans? Go ahead an name me one other group on this planet who would be drawn to such a thing MH.....

Aside from islamic state there are still many countries to this day where extreme religious bigotry and violence is sanctioned/ignored by the state.

This entire planet, it's current events and it's history is 'context'. Try to get on a plane without subjecting yourself to a security screening and tell me there's no context MH. You are immersed in it. 

2) Rational people spend more time staring at the sun than you spend looking at evidence that contradicts your favourite propaganda. When people bring up actual facts you completely ignore them if they don't fit your narrative.

Again, why did so many people join islamic state MH? There are several countries in the ME and further out where religious bigotry is encouraged. Why did islam need an even more bigoted state than Iran or Pakistan? How is that possible? How could so many people feel that way? 

3) You are intentionally ignorant of context, you refuse to observe things and consider what they mean, and then you say that blackbird's point is a non-sequitur lol. You're confusing non-sequitur with logic dude. They aren't synonyms. 

Edited by WestCanMan

17 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

1) Maybe context-free if you live on Mars, but FYI recent and distant history on earth both show a pattern of extreme bigotry, discrimination, violence and murder from islam.

2) Just a few years ago, islamic state was broadcasting the fact that ... 

3) what % of Buddhists do you think would rally to the cause? Hindus? Sikhs? Christians? Canadians? Mexicans? Go ahead an name me one other group on this planet who would be drawn to such a thing MH.....

4) You are intentionally ignorant of context, you refuse to observe things and consider what they mean...

1) More recent history than the post you replied to had a presumably Christian-heritage person driving over lovely families due to their religion.  So is it rational now for me to be afraid of white people ?  Let me guess, that's an isolated example right ?  And bisonette is too ?  But two attacks by Muslims... ok they DO count...

2) That doesn't condemn all Muslims any more than parallel events condemn Christians.

3) FFS are you seriously going to try to do math here ?  How many hundreds of millions of Muslims, and how many commit terrorist attacks... 

4) You have no understanding of 'cause and effect'.  Religion doesn't independently cause behaviour... socio-geo-political conditions are the real indicator in these cases.  You choose to focus on religion because you don't like Muslims IMO.  The association is in your head only.  There is no way to establish a causal link between someone's religion and their criminality independent of other factors and that is a fact.  

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

1) More recent history than the post you replied to had a presumably Christian-heritage person driving over lovely families due to their religion.  So is it rational now for me to be afraid of white people ?  Let me guess, that's an isolated example right ?  And bisonette is too ?  But two attacks by Muslims... ok they DO count...  

1) Are you kidding me? You're comparing two attacks by Canadians to the genocides and the entire countries full of religiously bigoted laws and state-sanctioned violence that I mentioned? Are you completely demented? 

Do you know how many attacks there were against Canadians by muslims before those two events took place? 

How can those two isolated events compare to all the things that I talked about MH? 

2) That doesn't condemn all Muslims any more than parallel events condemn Christians.

What parallel events MH? 

Where is your example of a group of Christians or Canadians putting out propaganda about how they were beheading journalists and burning people alive, and who then had millions of people sign up to help commit genocide? 

Find that for me MH.

3) FFS are you seriously going to try to do math here ?  How many hundreds of millions of Muslims, and how many commit terrorist attacks... 

How many BILLIONS of non-muslims are there on earth and why do they commit just a fraction of the terrorist attacks that the muslims do? Answer that for me MH.... Or just dodge it like everything else that doesn't fit your narrative. Whatever. 

Muslims are about 1% of the population of Canada and the US but the vast majority of murders from terrorists attacks were   committed by muslims here. 

DO THE MATH FFS!

4) You have no understanding of 'cause and effect'.  Religion doesn't independently cause behaviour... socio-geo-political conditions are the real indicator in these cases.  You choose to focus on religion because you don't like Muslims IMO.  The association is in your head only.  There is no way to establish a causal link between someone's religion and their criminality independent of other factors and that is a fact.

No, that's not a fact. That's just an opinion that you belched out here and nothing more.

People who emulate Christ act a certain way. People who emulate Buddha act similarly. Ditto for Sikhs and Hindus. Non-religious people who adhere to the Canadian way of life also act in a similar way. Socio-geo-political conditions don't force Christians, Sikhs or Hindus to strap explosives to themselves and then kill children after an Arianna Grande concert. 

FYI people of the islamic faith emulate mohammed, and when you finally learn about the things that mohammed did then you can begin to understand islam.

You stopped learning about people and cultures in kindergarten ffs so don't try to lecture me on 'cause and effect' lol. You're the last person on earth who should be teaching anyone anything. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Religion doesn't independently cause behaviour... socio-geo-political conditions are the real indicator in these cases.

It's very naïve to believe that religion never causes someone to behave a certain way.  It most certainly does.

I think you vastly underestimate religious zealotry.

In my old religion, people routinely let their children die, rather than let them have a blood transfusion.  And when Muslim terrorists all over the world yell "Allahu Akbar" when committing atrocities, it's foolish to deny the religious connection.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Goddess said:

It's very naïve to believe that religion never causes someone to behave a certain way. 

If that's not 100% accurate it's just because it's the understatement of the century.

One could make a solid argument for the case that behaviour is vastly more dependent on religion than socio-economic status or any other factor short of starvation.  

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

1) Are you kidding me? You're comparing two attacks by Canadians to the genocides and the entire countries full of religiously bigoted laws and state-sanctioned violence that I mentioned? Are you completely demented? 

2) Do you know how many attacks there were against Canadians by muslims before those two events took place? 

3) Where is your example of a group of Christians or Canadians putting out propaganda about how they were beheading journalist 

1) I can come up with counter examples based on fact to anything you like.   I maintain that there is no causal link between one's religion and their behaviour.  I have never seen one ?

2) Why don't YOU tell me if you're so sure ?   

3) You are cherry picking your facts...

Anyway, I can tell you aren't a logical person from your all caps and general emotionality.  I will ask you to post proof that links religion to behaviour... I will look at it when you post.   Until then put your all caps messages in a text message and text them to yourself ok ?

4 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I maintain that there is no causal link between one's religion and their behaviour. 

Google "link between a person's behaviour and religion" and literally pages full of information that it absolutely does.

5 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I have never seen one ?

You choose not to see it.  I realize that you likely have zero experience with religious zealotry, but c'mon already.....people let their babies DIE for religion, people blow up, run over, behead and burn alive other humans in the name of religion.  It's right there in front of you.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Goddess said:

1. Google "link between a person's behaviour and religion" and literally pages full of information that it absolutely does.

2. You choose not to see it. 

3. I realize that you likely have zero experience with religious zealotry, but...

4. ...c'mon already.....people let their babies DIE for religion, people blow up, run over, behead and burn alive other humans in the name of religion.  It's right there in front of you.

1. A request for a cite can't be responded to legitimately with "please Google this".  Google gives you a list of web pages that include search words.
2. You can't say that until you actually give me something to look at.
3. And.... you start to make it about me as you scramble to find another argument to replace the one you need...
4. They do that for lots of things... money, nation, tribe... are they the cause ?   

You seem to have a deep need to blame people for things based on their religion.  How about race ?

If I can find you some statistics that show that people of a certain race are more likely to be involved in criminal activity will you conclude that the race they're born into is the cause of their behaviour ?  

2 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

You seem to have a deep need to blame people for things based on their religion. 

No, I don't.

I just recognize when religious zealotry is at work.

You are the one who keeps making the statement that religion in no way affects people's behaviour. You have to prove it.

I'm not here to do your research for you.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Goddess said:

You are the one who keeps making the statement that religion in no way affects people's behaviour. You have to prove it.

I'm not here to do your research for you.

Oh okay then I didn't say that it had no effect, I said it was not the cause as in THE cause. It definitely could be a co-factor, but that doesn't mean that you can screen based on that..

As for not doing my research for me, that's basically the refrain I hear from every Qanon nut on the internet so welcome to that club.  I'm not asking for research, I'm asking for some single factual basis for where you formed your belief. Doesn't seem like you have any. And you didn't answer my question about race either.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I'm not asking for research, I'm asking for some single factual basis for where you formed your belief.

I questioned you first as to why you believe religion doesn't affect people's behaviours, stating my belief that it does.

You are now "softening" your view by saying that it's not the ONLY cause.  Mmmm-hmmmm ?

21 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

And you didn't answer my question about race either.

Diversionary. We're not talking about that.  Muslim isn't a race.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

1) I can come up with counter examples based on fact to anything you like.   I maintain that there is no causal link between one's religion and their behaviour.  I have never seen one ?

There are no comparables at all MH, you're deranged.

There's not a country in the western world that metes out the death penalty for saying bad things about Christ, or Buddha.

There's not a country in the western world where you're allowed to verbally assault women for their choice of religious garb, let alone assault them, or rape them. 

There's not a country in the western world where women have been whipped and put in jail for removing their religious headdress. 

Do you think that these things have nothing to do with their religion? Because that would be retarded MH. 

2) Why don't YOU tell me if you're so sure ?   

2) There were 3 terrorist attacks against Canadians by muslims in less than 3 years before that one MH. 

3) You are cherry picking your facts...

You asked me for proof of something so I "cherry picked" facts which proved that I was correct. So weird, hey?

I challenged you to find something equally disturbing in human history and you failed to do so. 

Anyway, I can tell you aren't a logical person from your all caps and general emotionality.  I will ask you to post proof that links religion to behaviour... I will look at it when you post.   

Your inability to consider information that disproves your irrational and childish beliefs is duly noted, as is your woefully lacking knowledge of religion on the whole. 

Until then put your all caps messages in a text message and text them to yourself ok ?

Waah, I put the word billions in caps, to emphasize the contrast against your use of the word 'millions' and you're gonna make some kind of childish generalization about that now? :lol:

And fwiw, why did you capitalize YOU in this sentence?

Why don't YOU tell me if you're so sure ? 

:o Have you lost it MH? Are you emotionally unstable now?

1 hour ago, Goddess said:

You choose not to see it.  I realize that you likely have zero experience with religious zealotry, but c'mon already.....people let their babies DIE for religion, people blow up, run over, behead and burn alive other humans in the name of religion.  It's right there in front of you.

They even yell the name of their god while they do it but CNN says that doesn't mean anything. Case closed!

52 minutes ago, Goddess said:

1. You are now "softening" your view by saying that it's not the ONLY cause.  Mmmm-hmmmm ?

2. We're not talking about that.  Muslim isn't a race.

1. It's a cofactor, not the cause.  Find an example where I contradict that and I will retract.

2. But why does your principal not apply? Why don't you want to go there?

19 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Have you lost it MH? Are you emotionally unstable now?

See if you can discuss with that insulting me. Now provide me that proof please provide me actual proof not just little pieces of evidence about Muslim countries because that doesn't prove anything. I'm asking you to show me something that proves that the Muslim religion or any religion is the cause of certain behavior.

Saying this or that Muslim country does this thing is not proof and if you don't understand that we can't really continue.