Sun TV sets complaints record

M.Dancer

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it was clear enough. Don't let an extremist minority determine the tenor of discussion.

Heh.

On the topic, I see Krista's upset about the "bullying" she's been getting.

Since that interview I have been inundated with hundreds of emails, phone calls, extremely hostile, threatening, calling me four-letter words that I cannot repeat.

I said to you, you know, we know how a lot of Conservatives feel about funding to the arts. And not all the arts, but some things for instance, abstract art that is not mainstream, that is not commercially viable and so on. Why do they do it if they don’t believe in it?

And you said to me, “Krista, because they are bullied into funding it.” And you know something? I actually, I really believe that that is the case. Because I have now been the subject of that bullying, just for asking the questions, "Why do you deserve $1.2 million in taxpayers’ money?" And now I’m being mercilessly bullied, and so I mean, your analysis is bang on. Why are politicians doing this when they don’t believe in a lot of it? It’s because they’re facing the same bullying I have faced over the last two weeks and it’s just not worth it to raise the ire of these folks.

link

Ah yes, the powerful and feared lobby of abstract artists and interpretive dancers is forcing the government to provide the arts in Canada with what amounts to a tiny fraction of the overall budget. The villains! :rolleyes:

Ah yes, the powerful and feared lobby of abstract artists and interpretive dancers is forcing the government to provide the arts in Canada with what amounts to a tiny fraction of the overall budget. The villains!

The government doesn't want to be painted in a bad light. Or painted with the same brush.

Or carved up.

B)

Heh.

link

Ah yes, the powerful and feared lobby of abstract artists and interpretive dancers is forcing the government to provide the arts in Canada with what amounts to a tiny fraction of the overall budget. The villains! :rolleyes:

I wanna be a villian but they just can't seem to get the timing right. I was supposed to recieve an art grant - The meeting with the council was on the 20th - I recieved the instructions to attend on the 21st....no matter how hard I try I can not fit into being a parasite.

I wanna be a villian but they just can't seem to get the timing right. I was supposed to recieve an art grant - The meeting with the council was on the 20th - I recieved the instructions to attend on the 21st....no matter how hard I try I can not fit into being a parasite.

Don't sell yourself short: you've been sucking the life out of this board for ages.

Heh.

link

:)

Further, I enjoy watching extremely combative and intentionally-controversial public figures whine about being "bullied," as if it's assumed everyone should agree with them, or at least defer to a civility to which they themselves are hostile.

Sarah Palin said people were trying to "oppress my freedom of speech" [sic]...because they had the temerity to disagree with her and criticize her views. I'm sure Krista sympathizes completely.

Edited by bloodyminded

:)

Further, I enjoy watching extremely combative and intentionally-controversial public figures whine about being "bullied," as if it's assumed everyone should agree with them, or at least defer to a civility to which they themselves are hostile.

Sarah Palin said people were trying to "oppress my freedom of speech" [sic]...because they had the temerity to disagree with her and criticize her views. I'm sure Krista sympathizes completely.

[/quote}

Not bad Bloody Minded - real statesmen like - better than Obama.

If that's the best she can do as an interviewer, she should seek out another job. I'd think anyone with the most common of manners would not conduct an interview that way.

No. In fact, it's not an interview at all, but an editorial with an unwitting sounding board sitting in front of it.

In fact, I think interviews are frequently too soft, and harder questions should be asked. (I don't mean of entertainment celebrities, whose "interviews" are understood to be only marketing opportunities).

But interviews should also be fair, and the interviewee should be treated with some respect; at least don't harangue them. It's not just your opportunity to sound off as interviewer-cum-editorialist; you're supposed to get the subject's view.

Edited by bloodyminded

Control room? Control room, do we have that graphic? Put that graphic up! Show the people what I'm talking about!

How about I just show some misleading photographs of the Gaza strip before it had half of it's infrastructure torn up - Like some sunny beach scenes and great bolevards line with palm trees - Or maybe....a few people sitting in a cafe with Guchi bags sipping on an expresso?