Justin Trudeau = Edward Kennedy

Am I wrong?

Edward Kennedy was viewed as the perpetual saviour of the Democratic Party.

Edward Kennedy was no equal of his two brothers just as Justin is not the equal of his father.

Edward Kennedy was an icon of leftist Catholic Americans just as Justin Trudeau is an icon of leftist Catholic Canadians.

Edward Kennedy always hesitated before running just as Justin Trudeau is coy about his intentions.

When Ted ran in 1980, Carter "whipped his ass".

Hey 1991 why don't you guys just hire a vodoo witch doctor to resurect Ignatieff so you can have an easy punching bag?

But you do make an excellent point.

Atacking the credibility of any conservative opponents is the centre of conservative election platforms!

Keep up the fine work!

WWWTT

Guest American Woman

Can't speak for Justin Trudeau as I'm not aware of his accomplishments, but Edward Kennedy was very influential and made a large impact on America/politics. To quote: Senator Kennedy authored more than 2500 bills during his time in the Senate. Several hundred have become Public Law, providing a significant change in the quality of life for the American people.

You can view a synopsis of some of his accomplishments here. Can you provide anything similar regarding Justin Trudeau's impact/accomplishments?

You will not see Justin as leader, he must know you only get one shot at the leadership. I think he knows he needs more time and more experience like anyone like him. Seems to me, that the Tories on here with be going through liberal withdrawal because they are on vacation for the next 4 years and the topic will center around the NDP and the Tories.

Can't speak for Justin Trudeau as I'm not aware of his accomplishments, but Edward Kennedy was very influential and made a large impact on America/politics. To quote: Senator Kennedy authored more than 2500 bills during his time in the Senate. Several hundred have become Public Law, providing a significant change in the quality of life for the American people.

You can view a synopsis of some of his accomplishments here. Can you provide anything similar regarding Justin Trudeau's impact/accomplishments?

Yeah, this comparison seems so weird for this reason. I had no idea Justin Trudeau was an icon to leftist Catholic Canadians!

Yeah, this comparison seems so weird for this reason. I had no idea Justin Trudeau was an icon to leftist Catholic Canadians!

He IS an icon to nostalgic, old time Liberals, who worship his father as some sort of demi-god.

Hey 1991 why don't you guys just hire a vodoo witch doctor to resurect Ignatieff so you can have an easy punching bag?

But you do make an excellent point.

Atacking the credibility of any conservative opponents is the centre of conservative election platforms!

Keep up the fine work!

WWWTT

For the benefit of the Libs and the country, Trudeau shouldn't be the libs' leader. I have seen Justin Trudeau in interview. He really isn't half of what his father was.

But from a separatist point of view. I want him as Libs' leadership as soon as possible. ;)

He tries to be a clone of his father

I don't have anything good to say about Justin Trudeau, nor do I have anything bad to say about him either. He seems like just another politician to me, so I don't understand your point here. How does he try to be a clone of his father?

Fascinating...trying to define a Canadian politician in terms of an American political icon? It just doesn't work.

:lol:

No, it doesn't. Besides, what are Justin's canoeing skills like? Public speaking be damned, if he can't shoot the Deschenes Rapids, he is out.

Guest American Woman

I am looking forward to your LeBlanc = Pelosi and the Rae = Kerry threads. You know, you have 4+ years until the next general election. Don't blow your wad too quickly with the character assasinations.

I don't see comparing Justin Trudeau to Edward Kennedy politically as a character assassination; quite the opposite, actually. Out of curiosity, what has Justin Trudeau accomplished politically?

I don't have anything good to say about Justin Trudeau, nor do I have anything bad to say about him either. He seems like just another politician to me, so I don't understand your point here. How does he try to be a clone of his father?

I saw him on a TV show. He was basically saying the same thins his father did. But when the interviewer was chalenging him, he didn't reply well. He had the arrogance of his father but not his intelligence. Perhaps he will get more experience eventually but I don't think the content of his speech will get more interesting. So far, he only runs in the shadow of his father because he just couldn't do otherwise.

:lol:

No, it doesn't. Besides, what are Justin's canoeing skills like? Public speaking be damned, if he can't shoot the Deschenes Rapids, he is out.

Give him enough practice and he'd hit 'em right between the eyes.

Guest American Woman

Nothing, he made a nice eulogy.

Thank you. I'd never really heard of anything he'd done specifically, so I was wondering if I had just missed it; especially in light of the comparison to Edward Kennedy, who had accomplished a lot. I don't think Edward Kennedy ever had the aspirations towards the presidency that his brothers did, but he certainly was no slouch during the course of his senate career; he didn't ride on the coat tails of his brothers' careers but rather on his own merits.

For the benefit of the Libs and the country, Trudeau shouldn't be the libs' leader. I have seen Justin Trudeau in interview. He really isn't half of what his father was.

But from a separatist point of view. I want him as Libs' leadership as soon as possible.

I'm with you. Trueau would be a goldmine both for the Tories and the separatists, a win-win. Anything that brings the Quebec question to a definitive answer serves all of us.

But comparing Truydeau to Kennedy is goofy, one has done nothing and the other had a lifetime of service and accomplishment.

Edited by fellowtraveller