Ontario Fall election

Bob..

I have you on ignore but I can read your clueless drivel through quotes..

Why don't you Eff Off and worry about your meaningless Mediterranean pile of rocks...

You don't live here and your self absorbed "opinion" are completely irrelevent...

Jack, you can criticize a post but your response here is just an insult and doesn't add anything.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob is a professional propgandist...I at one time was an assistant to the worlds biggest and most powerful group of propogandist..The American film industry - I worked on set during the creation of the pilot for West WING....providing energy and quiet re-assurance to the producers and director....after 18 years of service - they disposed of me with out so much as a thank you card - Bob will be dumped by his handlers eventually - There is no loyality in the propoganda industry. Remember that BOB - eventually you will have to stand on your own like all free men.

I'm so glad that seat count didn't hit 54.

I couldn't bare to see Daddy Dalton have another 4 years of unfettered power. At least now he sort of has to listen other people and can't just lie without accountability.

If Hudak wants to win he needs to move to the right.

Do you consider the Ontario Liberal Party a right leaning party?

Because the popular vote - reflected in the seat count - shows that what people in Ontario don't want is a move to the right.

Do you consider the Ontario Liberal Party a right leaning party?

The OLP appears to me a centre/left party.

Because the popular vote - reflected in the seat count - shows that what people in Ontario don't want is a move to the right.

So, 37% of 47.6% of those who bothered to vote proves Ontarians don't want to move right?

So, 37% of 47.6% of those who bothered to vote proves Ontarians don't want to move right?

You're wasting your time, Capricorn. You're quite right to use the same argument against McGuinty that the Left uses against Harper, when they say that if he only got 40% of the popular vote that means that 60% of all the others were a unified vote AGAINST him! Usually they throw in all the people that didn't vote as well.

However, these folks can only see it working one way - their way! Their hero can do no wrong and their enemy can do no right. That's just the world they live in.

Might as well try to argue with a Witness at your door Saturday morning.

OK heres my take on last nights results.

First off this was a real tight race and in my opinion we are in for a long stretch of tight races and/or minorities in Ontario.

This election was a big comprimise for every party.Everyone is dissapointed but has some positive.

To say Hudack was the biggest loser underestimates how unpopular premier Mike Harris really was throughout Ontario!(there's another conservative MPP by the name Mike Harris now so I make the distinction)

Hudack had a freekin mountain to leap and it wasn't going to happen in one election(voters aren't that stupid!Thank God!)

I attended Jagmeet Singh's federal rally with Sid Ryan(president OFL) and Bill Signal(BA for Local 46) where Jack made an appearance,aswell I had donated to Singhs federal campaign and I am proud to say that he is now one of the NDP's new shining,upcoming stars!He is a very hard working young brilliant man and I hope his success in the 905 is contagious!

I am dissapointed the NDP didn't get their 20 seats as many predicted.But with all the tight ridings things may swing with 2 or 3 bi-elections that many won't be suprised to here off.

McGuinty may still have his majority by this time next year?

Actually there was one big loser,and that would be the greens.I am not sure if this election is the final nail in the coffin for them but this one will be very painfull!

WWWTT

OK heres my take on last nights results.

First off this was a real tight race and in my opinion we are in for a long stretch of tight races and/or minorities in Ontario.

Minority governments in Ontario are an anomaly. The problem now is that with a minority there won't be enough focus on reducing the deficit, which IMO is the biggest problem we face. We're paying $10B dollars annually on interest at a very low percentage interest rate. Those interest rates are bound to rise and so will that annual payment. As you know, typically a minority tries to win support of other parties to push its agenda forward. This results in concessions that take the focus away from that immense challenge and changes the direction of the government. Imagine the social programs we could fund if we didn't have to pay out those billions annually.

This election was a big comprimise for every party.Everyone is dissapointed but has some positive.

Agreed.

I am dissapointed the NDP didn't get their 20 seats as many predicted.

Me too. I had put the NDP down for 23 seats.

McGuinty may still have his majority by this time next year?

Who knows. If not, I think McGuinty will step down in a couple of years and later migrate to the federal Liberal Party.

Actually there was one big loser,and that would be the greens.I am not sure if this election is the final nail in the coffin for them but this one will be very painfull!

WWWTT

That was quite surprising.

Minority governments in Ontario are an anomaly. The problem now is that with a minority there won't be enough focus on reducing the deficit, which IMO is the biggest problem we face. We're paying $10B dollars annually on interest at a very low percentage interest rate. Those interest rates are bound to rise and so will that annual payment. As you know, typically a minority tries to win support of other parties to push its agenda forward. This results in concessions that take the focus away from that immense challenge and changes the direction of the government. Imagine the social programs we could fund if we didn't have to pay out those billions annually.

And that's why, sometimes, a formal coalition is the answer. It's allowed the Tory government in the UK some ability at deficit busting and given it the parliamentary stability to pull it off.

Apparently Hamilton and Niagara,other than my wayward riding sadly,is'nt believing Con BS...

Neither down Windsor way...Neither The North...

It seems your boys message only rings true in areas where there are more fields than brains...

I may not agree with you Jack but I'll defend to the death your right to support a city-folk, metrosexuals ONLY party!

Minority governments in Ontario are an anomaly. The problem now is that with a minority there won't be enough focus on reducing the deficit, which IMO is the biggest problem we face. We're paying $10B dollars annually on interest at a very low percentage interest rate. Those interest rates are bound to rise and so will that annual payment. As you know, typically a minority tries to win support of other parties to push its agenda forward.

Only time will tell?

The NDP are in the middle of a new face lift,in other words they are trying to push a little more to the right or centre(actually Bob Rae started this over 20 yrs ago).And they may see this minority liberal government as an opportunity to solidify their commitment in fiscal restraint while still helping small/midsize employers and the working family.

After all Ontario is the biggest single part of Canada and will still be desisive in Canadian politics well into the 21st century.Do well in Ontario and you will do well in Canada!

WWWTT

Versus every post BS bob makes is an insult to anyone with a brain.

He sounds exactly like a a little Jewish lawyer that was sent in supposedly pro bono - but was actually a spy....For a person who was new to the matter and supposedly impartial - he got to the part in the stack of documents - suggesting anti-semitism - to quickly - as if rehearsed and previously advised....When I questioned this lawyer on the real facts of the issue - The little guy went completely crazy......He did insult my brain...Here is what he raved...."Your anger is not proving useful in this matter" - I was not angry in the least - I was calm and respectful - but as this guy stated that I had some anger problem - the beads of sweat appeared on his head - his jugular vein doubled in diameter - his hands were shaking - his face went red - and he was starting to foam at the mouth ..................He was a hypocrite - he attempted to reverse the tables by calling me a crazy man full of rage - but it was HE who was ready to kill me for speaking the truth.

Me too.

No. The 60% of the 47.6% of those who bothered to vote shows Ontarions don't want to move right.

I included the NDP in that figure because, at last look, they appeared to be somewhat left of the Liberals. :D

I didn't include the Greens because who the hell knows where they are on the Ontario political spectrum these days? I mean, didn't anyone listen to them closely enough to find out?

Now, while this doesn't prove Ontarions - as a whole - don't want to move to the right, the recent election could be considered a tangible demonstration of a more likely potential. Nothwithstanding the "silent majority" and their wishes of course, which I am sure we are going to be hearing about lots in the coming years.

For levity's sake, I am sure that all of that silent majority are victims of unreported crime too. :o

You Con's better find out a way,like tout de suit,on how to stop being the rural rump of Ontario...

Because,at the moment,that's all you are....

Great. So now we can expect more Ontario Landowner Association nutcases in the PC ranks. Both Hillier and McLaren won fairly easily. A dark could over the otherwise pleasant hills and dales of Eastern Ontario... :(

You're wasting your time, Capricorn. You're quite right to use the same argument against McGuinty that the Left uses against Harper, when they say that if he only got 40% of the popular vote that means that 60% of all the others were a unified vote AGAINST him! Usually they throw in all the people that didn't vote as well.

However, these folks can only see it working one way - their way! Their hero can do no wrong and their enemy can do no right. That's just the world they live in.

Might as well try to argue with a Witness at your door Saturday morning.

Reminds me of what Harper said after the Wheat farmers voted and the majority wanted to keep the Wheat board.. if I remember the they are going to ignore the majority because the farmers who quit growing wheat did not get a vote which makes no sense because if they quit growing wheat why should they determine the fate of the wheat board?

so you see its not just left wingers that are ridiculous

And yes, it's PISA that I was trying to remember. PISA unfortunately have a very labyrinthian website the last time I checked and it'll take time to look through it for meaningful and unpoliticized statistics.

Interesting that you are flying the Israeli flag in your profile and

not the Canadian

Reminds me of what Harper said after the Wheat farmers voted and the majority wanted to keep the Wheat board.. if I remember the they are going to ignore the majority because the farmers who quit growing wheat did not get a vote which makes no sense because if they quit growing wheat why should they determine the fate of the wheat board?

so you see its not just left wingers that are ridiculous

Hey, I will cheerfully include any and all politicians in my list! As a fervent Reformer, I have my own beefs with Harper! He destroyed the only party I ever truly liked! He's turned it into a clone of the old PC party, the one that millions of us had abandoned!

As I keep saying, why did we ever bother?

Hey, I will cheerfully include any and all politicians in my list! As a fervent Reformer, I have my own beefs with Harper! He destroyed the only party I ever truly liked! He's turned it into a clone of the old PC party, the one that millions of us had abandoned!

As I keep saying, why did we ever bother?

That's the beauty of Westminster Parliamentary systems though... you can always create, join, campaign for, etc. a new party.

Great. So now we can expect more Ontario Landowner Association nutcases in the PC ranks. Both Hillier and McLaren won fairly easily. A dark could over the otherwise pleasant hills and dales of Eastern Ontario... :(

That's true...

I watched with a bit of sadness,one Norm Sterling,on TVO last night...

I fear the moderates in the PC party are going by the wayside to be replaced by the kooky Hillierites of the province...

I suspect that Hudak is going to have a hard time trying to make the rural PC party more,"urban friendly" with this caucus...But then again,Hudak is from my riding and it's definately rural...

So what do you REALLY think about free speech, Jack? And you wonder why some folks think it's the Left that is the first to want to censor those who hold contrary opinions...

What do you mean free speech??

That clown has every right to say whatever he wants.Fortunately for us,he chose to leave this country to live in his beloved pile of rocks.He does'nt get the right to say anything about us any more...And even if he does,I get the right to tell his goofy a$$ off!

Do you think those Lebanese crybabies a few years ago should be afforded those same "rights"?