Ontario Fall election

I dunno, the Queensway worked fine back in the day and was well used. Gridlock now?

Back in the day, rapid urban development took place in eastern and western parts of what was once known as Ottawa-Carleton. (Such development in north and south areas happened later and much more gradually.) So it follows that gridlock happens during rush hour and, during expansion construction and maintenance.

Personally, I have not had to use the Queensway much since I retired in 1997 so I can't speak for its recent usage. I do, however, try to avoid the Queensway as much as I can.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Democracy consists of having a choice on who we will send forth to do our bidding - to represent us. This choice or freedom is what it is all about - I was just wondering as we see in our about to be completed provincal election - that consists of NO real choice what so ever ---- should be considered a democratic exercise? It appears that the choice presented looks like this...VOTE for Bob - Bob or Bob. The public is so aware and enlightened these days that they clearly and firmly understand that who ever they vote for will have no effect what so ever on the current state of affairs - so what's the point?

Work your ass off and get less - let your tax dollars be awarded to the very rich in the form of damages due to cancelled contracts that were never really going to be fulfilled to begin with ------------NOT one politican is capable of standing up to corruption...either they are naive - or they know the game and if elected are going to assist in more legislative actions that will continue to have tax money laundered though our courts into the hands of the privledged....it`s a problem that will never be addressed...because politicans are NOT in the loop - they are only in the game...and game players accomplish nothing.

Lets predict the out come...Spoke to a man who drives politicians and celebs around...he said that the two men running for the high provincial office are "yahoos" - and even though he does not like unions - would prefer to have the NDP woman in office - who has more balls then both of her male counter parts...better to have a woman who has a set of strong ovaries than two men with tiny balls who want to be important for importance sake....I say the NDP will win this one...

NDP majority - cos - the other candidates are non-starters...- what you see is what ou get...and out of all of them - the woman looks best...where the hell did they dig up McGinty and Hudak - they both look like trolls - like little mischievious demons - but who knows Ontario is pro-demon.

IMO its too close to call, though if I have to pick I'll go with McGuinty. NDP ain't winning.

I've had a hard time voting in both this election and the last federal election. My views on important issues span both sides of the left-right spectrum so I get torn between the parties. I probably am closest to the Liberal Party of any party in terms of ideology, but they are such a bunch of crooked liars I couldn't stand to vote for them this election (or most elections). I live in a very strong conservative riding anyways so my vote doesn't mean too much (but of course I still voted!)

Election outcome predictions anyone?

Liberal 52

PC 32

NDP 23

Total: 107

I would hope for that.

I don't like Tim. But I feel that Dalton McGuinty doesn't deserve a majority.

Edited by MiddleClassCentrist