Mulcair doubts Bin Laden pictures exist

If rabble was an award winning news source then yes. It isn't though because they only give out Polk awards to actual journalists.

I await your apology.

Award by who????//?/?

Award by who????//?/?

Talking points memo won a Polk award. One of the top journalism awards in the world. It is the same award Bill Reilly lied about winning to try and give his show some cred.

Just because you hate journalists doesn't mean you can dismiss them. In fact CNN tried to say the samethings you are saying right now about talking pointsmemo, they were then forced to retract that statement.

In essence, Thomas Mulcair doubts Obama's word that pictures of a dead Bin Laden exist. And if pictures do exist, they may contain proof that Bin Laden was unarmed when he was shot.

Yes, they would probably contain proof that bin Laden was unarmed since they've already admitted he was unarmed.

But it sure didn't take long for the conservatives to figure out a way to try to use this incident for political advantage.

Yes, they would probably contain proof that bin Laden was unarmed since they've already admitted he was unarmed.

Thanks for pointing that out. This is more proof that Mulcair put his foot in it. Had he in fact been aware of the US's admission that Bin Laden was unarmed, a fact widely reported in the media, he would not have brought up the matter of self defence.

Mulcair also said the killing requires "a full analysis" on whether it was self-defence or a direct killing because "that has to do with American law and international law as well."

"I think that if the Americans have taken pictures in that circumstance, it won't be able to prove very much as to whether Mr. [bin Laden] was holding a weapon," he said.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2011/05/04/pol-mulcair-osama.html

But it sure didn't take long for the conservatives to figure out a way to try to use this incident for political advantage.

It didn't take long for the CBC to decide so quickly that it was worthy of reporting.

This was bound to happen.

The deputy leader of Canada's new main opposition party says he doesn't believe claims from the U.S. administration that it has pictures of a dead Osama bin Laden but has chosen not to release them.

New Democrat deputy leader Thomas Mulcair said Wednesday in an interview with the Canadian Broadcasting Corp. that he didn't think the pictures exist.

Mulcair's leftist party went from fourth place to the official opposition after Monday's election.

http://www.boston.com/news/world/canada/articles/2011/05/04/ndp_leader_doubts_us_claims_of_bin_laden_pics/?rss_id=Boston.com+%2F+Boston+Globe+--+World+News

The NDP can try to put out this fire at home, but once it hits the international media, it's not so easy to contain.

Evan Solomon

So... I haven't watched the interview, but since it was Evan Solomon, I'm assuming it went something along the lines of...

ES: "So, we have an American death squad invading a private residence and murdering an unarmed man in his own home. Is this really the kind of ally that Canada should support?"

TM: "I think we would need to know more about the situ--"

ES: "But we're talking about American stormtroopers murdering an elderly man with serious medical issues, then taking pictures of his corpse and are celebrating in the streets! Doesn't this make you question what kind of people the Americans really are?"

TM: "I don't know that there were photographs--"

ES: "Really? Do you believe murder is something to celebrate? We'll have to agree to disagree. We're out of time. Thanks for coming by."

-k

What Mulcair and some other Dippers really need to realize..... is that they are actually the Official Opposition of Canada now....this isn't Babble.

Poking the Americans in the eye, simply for the sake of wanting to do it...is actually pretty counter constructive - for a supposed govenment-in-waiting. For the MSN, this stuff is jam for toast.

Guest American Woman

Can you blame anyone in this world if they don't believe the US government since all the lies that GW and gang told?? Come on! There was a time back in 2002 or 2003, when the US military thought they had gotten OBL going over the mountains and said they need to get the DNA from someone in his family. Never heard anything after that. There's so many lies about 9/11 and it makes everything about 9/11 so confusing and people doubt everything the US put out there. 60 Minutes or some media, needs to go to Pakistan with a camera crew and talk to OBL wife and get her story and film her and her bullet wound in her leg, before anyone would even think its true! I know that the news is slow, but Evan went overboard on this one.

Because anything bin Laden's wife would have to say would unquestionably be the truth? :huh:

I saw the whole thing live.

What do you think about him musing about calling for an analysis of the killing and his reference to American and International law? Does he believe the actions of the US troops should be examined under these laws?. I think he should be asked to clarify his comments and whether this is the official NDP position.

Ok now I have not seen this interview myself.

However all laws must be adhered to regardless of the circumstance.

No person,party,group,organization or whatever is above the law.

Mulcair doesn not have to clarify anything.

If the US broke the law then they must answer to that period.

No ifs,ands buts or maybes

Thats how a democracy works,if you don't like it then tuff for you!

WWWTT

You have to watch the interview. He said he doesn't believe pictures exist of the fire fight, and that Osama had a gun in his hand when he was shot. He believes Osama is dead however he questions the idea they took pictures during the shooting of him.

He did call Osama Obama though.

They 1st reported the seals were wearing helmet cams,good chance it is all on film and I am glad they are not showing it.

Oh ya I remember he said that the NDP would take 15-20 seats in Quebec!

Oh ya this guys real good!

WWWTT

Ok now I have not seen this interview myself.

However all laws must be adhered to regardless of the circumstance.

No person,party,group,organization or whatever is above the law.

Mulcair doesn not have to clarify anything.

If the US broke the law then they must answer to that period.

No ifs,ands buts or maybes

Thats how a democracy works,if you don't like it then tuff for you!

WWWTT

This is a strange position. No more ciivl disobedience? No more conscientious objection? I dare say that requirement for strict adherence to laws is not a characteristic of democratic society, and if it is, then it is not limited to those societies. It is also amusing to claim that the international roder constitutes some kind of a democracy.