Osama Bin Laden is Dead

Guest American Woman

No, but I think it was done purely for U.S. interests. Once the bullet was in his brain, it was no skin off their nose, and they took away the potential perception that they disrespected muslim burial customs. Win-win.

Of course it was done purely for U.S. interests. <_< Why else would the U.S. ever do anything, eh?

Like I said previously, no matter what the U.S. does, some will find fault. The U.S. does no right.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little too swift a death in my books. In other words, he did not languish before giving up the ghost.

What I'd like to know is how his ghost managed to get a twitter account so fast... :)

I don't think Osama Bin Laden was a "good" muslim by any means. To me it seems odd that he was given such a respectful, muslim burial. I wonder what other muslims think about this, given the fact that he has caused them so much grief, by saying his terrorist acts are done in the name of Islam. Did he really deserve a muslim burial?

I would think some muslims will be pisssed he didn't get a proper burial but they probably already hate americans anyways so no loss there...there will be some clerics that insist everyone get last rights, even in the US a religious service of some sort is given to inmates on death row...

but politically, dumping his body in the ocean was a smart idea IMO....

Edited by wyly

Guest American Woman

Who is this man, and what did he do with the real Rush Limbaugh! :o

"Our military wanted to go in there and just scorch the earth...but President Obama single-handedly understood what was at stake here,” said Limbaugh. “He alone understood the need to get DNA to prove the death...it was President Obama single-handedly and alone who came up with the strategy that brought about the effective assassination of Osama bin Laden," he said, adding, "thank God for President Obama."

Why would they keep his body for awhile? What purpose would it serve? Seriously. What would they do with a dead body?

Id do the full on "Weekend at Bernies" routine. You could annimate his corpse with puppet strings and shit, and take pictures of him posing with hollywood celebrities with an "I love America!" tea shirt. You might be able to make his followers think he had a change of heart. :P

They say it's very likely they will release the brain-splattered death photo to nip any speculation it's a fake.

I shall have to click my mouse carefully.

I'm still recovering from a Chris Farley image search.

That Chris Farley image was the most disgusting thing i've ever seen. Still haunts me. He had been dead for a while.

Of course it was done purely for U.S. interests. <_< Why else would the U.S. ever do anything, eh?

Like I said previously, no matter what the U.S. does, some will find fault. The U.S. does no right.

You've got a very strange victimization complex that colours your interpretations more than actual words do. I meant absolutely nothing negative when I made that statement.

Everyone acts in their own interest. That's all they can do.

Didn't you ever read Hobbes?

Guest American Woman

You've got a very strange victimization complex that colours your interpretations more than actual words do. I meant absolutely nothing negative when I made that statement.

Everyone acts in their own interest. That's all they can do.

Didn't you ever read Hobbes?

No. Sometimes people do what's right simply for the sake of doing what's right. Perhaps that's a foreign concept to you, but everyone doesn't always act only in their interest.

You really need to read Hobbes.

I have, well, at least Leviathan, and I am not getting your point here. Surely you do not subscribe as fact, the version of human nature that Hobbes was using as his theoretical model, is somehow all encompassing and true as rain?

Personally I think Bin Laden has been dead for years. And what is really hilarious is that the US could not catch him in recent years and now US officials are in possesion of his body?

Not fucking buying it.

But watch the next week and see how Obama does in the polls ...

You got it!!!! totally agree. Dumped him in the ocean indeed.

This is so un american. someone that they have been after for 10 years and we see no pictures, no proof, Don't be so gullible.There has to proof and not altered photos either.

It is very American....conspiracy theorists wouldn't have it any other way. I still say Diefenbaker killed JFK for meddling in Canadian elections.

How could they do a DNA on him?? Did they catch him before, take a sample and then let him go??

His sister had an operation in Boston. She has DNA too!

Surely you do not subscribe as fact, the version of human nature that Hobbes was using as his theoretical model, is somehow all encompassing and true as rain?

Every word. Especially the part about life being solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short.

You got it!!!! totally agree. Dumped him in the ocean indeed.

Other oddities include, that they have know his location for some time and were tracking OBL through a courier. And questions were raised when the compound was built 5+ years ago. A building 8x the size of most of the other structures in the area. And close to a Pakistani Military base.

A nice little CIA PR stunt. But good thing this 'Ace' can only be played once. Maybe Anwar Al-Awlaki (the US born radical cleric born in New Mexico and dined at the Pentagon with officials shortly after the 9/11 attacks) can set up as #1. Or maybe Ayman al-Zawahiri from Egypt (formerly of Islamic Jihad) will take OBL's place.

Al-queda is not dead by a long shot. The way I see it, the USA has just emboldened their enemies with this recent kill. They say they assassinated him to prevent him from being a martyr. He will become a martyr anyways by those who support him and his movement.

And the USA and other countries are now going to use this for another clamp down on freedoms and rights. We have to be more diligent than ever now because of reprisal attacks for killing OBL.

The people of the USA will suffer at the hands of this through more TSA like gestapo entities and procedures. And Canada is not safe from that either. I have not really looked into it, but I am sure we will see more TSA-like procedures when travelling.

It's no longer to prevent terrorism, or it's about our governments terrorising us with these 'threats'.

DAMMIT ... lost my tin foil hat again. I bet the government knows where it is. I mean they can easily track me through my GPS app induced smartphone. .. Oh there is my tin foil hat. I left it on the table.

Guest American Woman
States usually do, the US no exception.

"Usually" and "always" are two different things. Anyone who claims all countries always act only on behalf of their interests better accept that their country is no better than any other out there, and that includes those guilty of the worst human rights violations. After all, everyone is acting only on behalf of their interests. No credit is deserved for anything their nation does, because it's all in their best interest. There's no sense of rightness, fairness, or goodness behind anything that's done and therefore their nation deserves no credit, no commendation, ever; and by the same token, no other nation deserves any criticism, because they are all acting on the same criteria.

Therefore Canada deserves no thanks or appreciation for taking in our planes on 9-11 because it didn't happen because it was the right thing to do, but only because it was in Canada's interest to do so. Canada didn't stay out of Iraq because it was perceived as the right thing to do, but because it was in Canada's interest to stay out. Canada didn't enter WWII because it was the right thing to do, but because it was in Canada's interest to do so. And on and on it goes, regarding everything that's ever been done, everything that will ever be done.

Precisely.

People might consider their altruism to be selfless, but it's always motivated by the desire for some sort of personal benefit---be it a better world or just feelings of righteousness. And there's nothing wrong with that. It's what makes good things happen.

Guest American Woman

Precisely.

People might consider their altruism to be selfless, but it's always motivated by the desire for some sort of personal benefit---be it a better world or just feelings of righteousness. And there's nothing wrong with that. It's what makes good things happen.

I hate to break it to you, but sometimes people do the right thing even though they'd much rather not. That's what makes good things happen, too.

I hate to break it to you, but sometimes people do the right thing even though they'd much rather not. That's what makes good things happen, too.

If it's "the right thing", then by definition it's in your self-interest to do it.

Guest American Woman

If it's "the right thing", then by definition it's in your self-interest to do it.

That's your take on it. It's not always the case. I might have x number of dollars and would love to buy something for myself with it, something I've always wanted, but I see a request for donations for a family whose house burned down. So I give the money to them. That's not in my self-interest; buying that something I've always wanted would be in my self interest. But I know the right thing to do is to donate the money, so I do.

By your way of thinking, you can never give anyone credit, can never criticize anyone. Because everyone is acting only in their interests.