Layton found nude in massage parlour!

Let's not get carried away. Guergis was the author of a lot of her own misfortunes. By all accounts, the rest of the Tory caucus loathed her. She was an arrogant prima dona with a coke-snorting crooked husband. One way or the other, her Tory affiliation was doomed.

Hey! Watch what you're typing about Jaffer or Punked will forward the post and report you to....

never mind.

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me start off by saying I am no fan of Jack Layton. However, I do realize that everyone makes mistakes, as we are all human. Layton may have made a mistake by going to this place which raises suspicions. None of us is perfect.

The only thing that really bothers me about this story is the hypocrisy. We all know that if this was a Conservative, it would have been a HUGE story. I don't think anyone in their right mind can deny that.

Let me start off by saying I am no fan of Jack Layton. However, I do realize that everyone makes mistakes, as we are all human. Layton may have made a mistake by going to this place which raises suspicions. None of us is perfect.

The only thing that really bothers me about this story is the hypocrisy. We all know that if this was a Conservative, it would have been a HUGE story. I don't think anyone in their right mind can deny that.

(Harper in a rub and tug.... Makes my eyes water imagining that.)

---- Bringing this up 15 years after the fact, to try to get election reaction is as sleazy as it gets, regardless of who did what, or who leaked it. Lord knows I'm no fan of Layton, but I am truly disgusted that partisan electoral conduct can get this low.

This is lower than vandalizing the goods of campaign workers. This is lower than trying to grab a ballot box. This is lower than phoning people in the middle of the night, claiming to be your opposition asking for a vote. This is snake-belly, bottom of the sewage ditch LOW.

I am ashamed that it would be done in my country.

Edited by Molly

How do you figure this wasn't a huge story? You Booster Club members sure do have a persecution complex don't you?

Conservatives sure like to get worked up about hypothetical hypocrisy. Now, if this had been Harper, it definitely would have been a big deal because it would mean he actually has been with a woman.

---- Bringing this up 15 years after the fact, to try to get election reaction is as sleazy as it gets, regardless of who did what, or who leaked it. Lord knows I'm no fan of Layton, but I am truly disgusted that partisan electoral conduct can get this low.
I guess you don't get what happened in the election. The Conservatives won largely because the NDP bled Liberal, and Bloc, support. The Liberals were the ones with the sleazy motives, not the Conservatives.

If anyone, other than a rogue cop with a nihilistic desire for his 15 minutes of fame had a motive, it was the LPC, not the CPC.

How do you figure this wasn't a huge story? You Booster Club members sure do have a persecution complex don't you?

Hey there you blue control freak bordering on despotism & autocracy CPC guy--- he got the working girls vote out.

Oh I'm sorry. All those descriptive words are reserved for our new Majority PM-- at least what the Torstar thinks. :o

Guest peterb

The essence of this story is that Jack Layton is insulting our intelligence by trying to deny why he was there and he wasn't aware that it was essentially a whore house. With all the facts out why does he think that he and Olivia can pretend that we are stupid enough to believe their version. That is where I have a problem with Layton and his wife Olivia since has also inserted herself into the controversy. Jack would say on national TV in Burnaby it was a "community clinic" - everybody has good reason to have doubts and question anything he ever says. He has created this problem for himself not by his actions 15 years ago but his actions in handling this story now.

I believe what Jack said is that he had never been there before and that, if he remembered correctly, it was a newer establishment in his neighbourhood. You work out a lot and a place opens up around the corner from you that does shiatsu massages in Chinatown, this doesn't seem all that unusual. I can see how he may not have been aware of the alleged things that were going on there and ended up being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Since he was not charged and the police didn't arrest anyone or close down the establishment that night, I tend to believe him.

I can see how he may not have been aware of the alleged things that were going on there and ended up being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

If it is true that Layton was unaware of the goings on in parts of the dwelling and ventured into it by accident, I could imagine he was pleasantly surprised that a bonus was in the offing.

If it is true that Layton was unaware of the goings on in parts of the dwelling and ventured into it by accident, I could imagine he was pleasantly surprised that a bonus was in the offing.

You would think so, but I doubt the girls "offer" bonuses as you say, since they would probably want to protect against being busted by undercover cops.

Guest American Woman

You would think so, but I doubt the girls "offer" bonuses as you say, since they would probably want to protect against being busted by undercover cops.

Exactly. I sincerely doubt if anyone not asking for a bonus would be offered one, especially in this instance, if they knew who Layton was.

Edited by American Woman