Layton found nude in massage parlour!

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would it then be just as legitimate to question if there would be sway to John Layton's parlimentary decisions (should he become PM) concerning human smuggling, prostitution, and organized crime? Would that be acceptable based on your assertions? Is this a goose and gander stance?

Let's distinguish apples and oranges here.

Should a politician who have throughout his career and very publicly denounced to all four corners the evils of prostitions, human trafficking and organized crime be found to have negaged in these activities as a knwoing and willing client, I would not be asking how it will affect his position as PM/Minister/MP. I would DEMAND his IMMEDIATE RESIGNATION. Period.

That was the apple. Now to the orange.

When a politician publicly declares that his religious beliefs are central to his policies, when he openly courts the vote of people with the same religious beliefs, and when of his expressed views conflicts with science, it is legitimate to ascertain how this would impact his decisions should he have to make decisions on science-related matters.

In the case of Stockwell Day, he made his religious views a well known important part of his political philosphy throughout his career. That made those beliefs that may have had an impact on his decisions as an elected public officials subject for political scrutiny. Not the overblown ridicule of the 2000 campaign, but scrutiny. Had he chosen to keep his religious views as a private matter, that would have been a private matter.

I wouldn't expect a business closed 15 years ago on a list of businesses existing right now either. Plenty of legitimate and illegitimate business have come and cgone since. This proves or disproves nothing.

I wouldn't expect a business legitimate or not where the police run in and take everyones name and warn them about said business to last long either.

I’ll echo that and ask what about his statements with regards to the Bank of Canada & interest rates? Or regulating the price of fuel? (How well did that work for PEI?) Or the chose of some of his candidates, namely in Quebec? Are these not all fair questions to ask of Mr. Layton and the NDP?

Questions about his political views are entirely legitimate, and relevant, especially the sudden surge in support for him. Those who are waisting their time with a smear campaign based on assumptions and innuendos should be concentrating on these real issues instead, don't you agree?

Questions about his political views are entirely legitimate, and relevant, especially the sudden surge in support for him. Those who are waisting their time with a smear campaign based on assumptions and innuendos should be concentrating on these real issues instead, don't you agree?

I already know the NDP is garbage. I'm interested in knowing what Layton was doing at the "Velvet Touch."

Getting a massage. Did you not hear what the police said. He did nothing wrong.

The same way they let people off going 115 on the 400.

Let's distinguish apples and oranges here...

Okay. One is orange. The other is either red or green. Don't think I didn't notice that you completely left out a blue fruit.

...When a politician publicly declares that his religious beliefs are central to his policies, when he openly courts the vote of people with the same religious beliefs, ...

...In the case of Stockwell Day, he made his religious views a well known important part of his political philosphy throughout his career...

Hmm. Except he didn't. "Let's be clear" (now I'm starting to love that saying), Stockwell Day is and was a complete tool. He never made a bunch of statements that amounted to "my religion will affect my political decisions"...he was just stupid enough to actually answer questions honestly when it came to his religious beliefs. Did I mention he was a tool?

I already know the NDP is garbage. I'm interested in knowing what Layton was doing at the "Velvet Touch."

And the answer has been provided. In police notes. Feel free to offer something other than the innuendos and assumptions, and real facts about what actually happened that night.

Great video! That looks like a massage table to me, punked.

The use of the word bed is misleading. That is what the cop called it, that doesn't mean it was an actual bed Lukin. Just as if the cop said bathroom it doesn't mean there is a bath in it. Welcome to speech 101.

Here is a wonderful massage BED you might want to buy.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/395958224/massage_bed_LT1803.html

And the answer has been provided. In police notes. Feel free to offer something other than the innuendos and assumptions, and real facts about what actually happened that night.

When someone makes themselves into a public leader, the standard, with all due respect, is higher than lack of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

Yet questions about whether a politician's comings and goings potentially contradict what he says aren't legitimate. According to kimmys research layton was fighting for women's issues yet puts himself in a situation where rumors get started and during the campaign makes a promise regarding organized crime? I think the electorate not only has the right, but the responsibility to at least ask questions.

I mean we get to ask questions about stockwell day and whether his religious beliefs will influence his job or not, why not ask questions about layton putting himself in a situation?

Fwiw, a quick Google search on "velvet touch massage" does reveal a number of 'exotic massage' places but also some that seem completely legitimate (not that I'm an expert):

http://velvetouchmassage.com/

http://sites.google.com/site/vtmtherapy/home/info

and even an equine massage place:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Velvet-Touch-Equine-Massage/189524391068609

As kimmy was pointing out it doesn't look good for layton hanging out at the massage parlor while at the same time campaigning for womens issues. Did it affect his performance as an mp? No, I'd say he was a good mp and did a good job improving his profile. Stockwell day by and large was a competant mp and cabinet minister. Did his beliefs hinder his job, by his performance I'd say not.

Where would the women's rights vote go? The NDP will be there longer than Layton.

That is what I was thinking? I want to live in a Canada where we are all treated equally.

The "we" being all those who agree with you, yes? The sentiment doesn't apply to the non-politically correct and other conservatives, right?

The "we" being all those who agree with you, yes? The sentiment doesn't apply to the non-politically correct and other conservatives, right?

No I mean all of us. It seems conservatives are the ones who ignore when their leader does something then jumps on others believe me there are plenty of rumors and innuendo for members of that party that wouldn't get caught whispering wouldn't want to drag myself through the mud to lose votes for my party. You guys seem of a different opinion.

I believe my party can beat your party on policy. Always have.

Okay. One is orange. The other is either red or green. Don't think I didn't notice that you completely left out a blue fruit.

Hmm. Except he didn't.

We'll have to disagree on that.The fact his publicly held religious beliefs were indluence his political beliefs was clear, to five two examples, in his supoort for the teaching of creationism alongside real science, and in his opposition to same-sex marriage.
"Let's be clear" (now I'm starting to love that saying), Stockwell Day is and was a complete tool.
No doubt about it. :lol:
he was just stupid enough to actually answer questions honestly when it came to his religious beliefs.
If it was important to him to make his beliefs known, good. Religious beliefs are not something to hide like a dirty secret, unless one chooses to consider them his/her a private matter.