• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest American Woman
When will I see an ad of a naked Layton? :lol:

Transparency and Openess of government...nothing to hide! :lol::lol:

Literally.

Yeah! Imagine a politician being naked at times! The horror! Who'd have thunk it?? :blink:

God, I hate election years, and I see it's no better in Canada.

Yeah! Imagine a politician being naked at times! The horror! Who'd have thunk it?? :blink:

It's not his nakedness that's problematic about this. It's the reputation of the place where he was found.

Really, listening to the news and reading some media they are deliberately leaving out the details about the naked woman and buck naked Jack, who was a councillor at the time they were raiding bawdy houses. Not only would he have known what the house was, he was supposed to be working for women's rights, yadda yadda...

The bigger story here is how the rest of the media (and people) are playing down as a smear campaign, yet we all know, had this been Harper or another conservative politician it would be all over the front pages, for days - maybe months. Where was the outrage and cries of a smear campaign when a paper reported on 'busty hookers' at a Jaffer event, with no proof. Get a grip guys, you know if this had been a conservative it would be big news. LOL

I don't think it's my business if a politician wants to have massage, whether he prefers to be naked or not when he has it...that's personal.

That's not the problem for me.

Layton found in bawdy house: Ex-cop 806

By SAM PAZZANO ,Toronto Sun

First posted: Friday, April 29, 2011 9:18:44 EDT PM

What police say happened on Jan. 9, 1996, was recorded in the former cop's notebook, which was reviewed and photocopied by the Toronto Sun.

The former Asian crime unit officer, who requested anonymity, details a prior police raid on the "premise currently ID as a bawdy house" looking for underage Asian hookers and a subsequent follow-up visit to the two-storey brick storefront on Jan. 9.

Detailed report...

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/04/29/layton-found-in-toronto-bawdy-house-former-cop

My problem is about the reputation of the place. And this word: underage.

I've got a lot of questions for Jack.

Don't you know - even then - that a lot of Asian girls were/are being lured or forced into the sex trade?

Didn't you know about the Triad - especially being married to an asian woman? The asian crime organizations that's been plaguing the west and victimizing Chinese immigrants with extortions?

Granted that you are innocent of any wrong-doings, how can you place yourself in such a situation considering that you're already in politics then? As what the cop explained to you, you put yourself in a possible black-mail scenario.

Couldn't you have been more discreet and cautious than that?

Really, listening to the news and reading some media they are deliberately leaving out the details about the naked woman and buck naked Jack, who was a councillor at the time they were raiding bawdy houses. Not only would he have known what the house was, he was supposed to be working for women's rights, yadda yadda...

The bigger story here is how the rest of the media (and people) are playing down as a smear campaign, yet we all know, had this been Harper or another conservative politician it would be all over the front pages, for days - maybe months. Where was the outrage and cries of a smear campaign when a paper reported on 'busty hookers' at a Jaffer event, with no proof. Get a grip guys, you know if this had been a conservative it would be big news. LOL

You've raised a very important point. I'll help myself and quote you in the new thread.....

I was watching my local newscast interview university students. Many of them said they are voting Layton, and the only reason they gave was because he is always smiling. That is the level of thought displayed by many university students.

Edited by lukin

Scribblett raised this important point which I think should be added here.

Yes, what about women's right?

If there is no demand, there wouldn't be any need for supply! If no customers, no victims!

I'm not saying Jack knew about the reputation of this particular place, that it's being investigated for alleged underaged asian hookers....but being in politics (especially one who knows and understands the asian culture far more than any ordinary Canadians), he should've been more careful. 1996 was not that too long ago.

He would've been still an adult then, and not some naive young lad out for an adventure.

That was lack of better judgement.

Edited by betsy

Bernier and Jaffer get wrung through the ringer with their sex type cases but Layton should get a pass on his?

The place was known to police and police said it didn't look like a regular massage parlor as it was dimly lit they said. I dunno what to believe here... on one hand it seems overblown but then on the other it may speak to the character of the man who could become PM.

Exactly,it does speak to character, especially since he was a crusading councillor for women's rights etc. that's the larger story, the hypocrisy. Not only of him, but of the media and those who think it's only okay to hyperventilate over sex stories if it's a conservative. We all know what would be the headlines if this at been Harper, or another MP... Maybe the larger story is that he was given a break by the cops because he was a politician, would anyone else have gotten off so lightly - don't think so.

The media's smear campaign with the allegations of the'busty hooker' thing ruined the careers of two people, both of whom have been cleared - but that's okay - really...

Exactly,it does speak to character, especially since he was a crusading councillor for women's rights etc.

This as well as Shawinigate shows that hypocrisy isn't the unique preserve of the religious right.

Didn't see anything in the article about the woman being naked...?

I wonder if there's even one person in here whose vote would depend on the truth or falsehood of these allegations. If people's votes aren't affected by this story, then it is indeed an irrelevant story.

I would never vote for Layton regardless of such a scandal. My intuition tells me this is just a baseless smear attack. Either way, I really don't care what Layton does in his free time, I dislike his politics so much that I have no interest in learning about the man himself. So as far as I'm concerned, and I'm only one person, this story is completely irrelevant.

Edited by Bob

However, I am no CPC member. I'm a Libertarian that believes in personal freedoms and direct democracy.

Then why do you care if Layton was with a prostitute? That's his business. Or does personal freedom only go for things that you care about?

Edited by Smallc

This as well as Shawinigate shows that hypocrisy isn't the unique preserve of the religious right.

Seriously, jbg? You realize that there's nothing to this story other than the private "suspicions" of a cop who had an axe to grind, by his own admission? No charges have been laid. The place never lost its licence. No one was found guilty of wrongdoing. There's no way this is comparable to Shawinigate.

Something that happened fifteen years ago - a peccadillo at best - and dredged up by a right-wing news chain and obviously intended as a last minute smear? Will it have any effect? Very unlikely. It shows Jack is human and, if anything, will probably backfire.

Edited by maldon_road

Don't even think for a SECOND that politics in Canada are any better than in the USA. The same type of stupid focus we see from CNN and Fox News on non-issues is similar to what we see in Canadian media. Canadian politics are very inflammatory and infantile. I would say that the one advantage America has over Canada politically is its stronger conservative base which is rooted in principles of American national identity. Canada's more ambiguous national identity ("multiculturalism"), in my view, allows many ignorant Canadians to be seduced by utopian rhetoric from the left.

Don't even think for a SECOND that politics in Canada are any better than in the USA. The same type of stupid focus we see from CNN and Fox News on non-issues is similar to what we see in Canadian media.

That's silly. You obviously don't watch American politics.

Let me check here.

Guy goes for a message. At a licensed establishment. Which the police suspects may also be used for illegal activities. They raid it. they question the guy, they let him go. End of story.

At worst, Jack Layton did not check carefully enough into the establishment he went to for his massage. Once again, end of story.

Seriously, jbg? You realize that there's nothing to this story other than the private "suspicions" of a cop who had an axe to grind, by his own admission? No charges have been laid. The place never lost its licence. No one was found guilty of wrongdoing. There's no way this is comparable to Shawinigate.

They were not private suspicions, they have copies of the police notes, they showed them last night on the news. They also reported that the woman was naked, with a wet tissue in her hand, it is substantiated with evidence. And again, Jack was a councillor who would have known about the raids on which known bawdy houses. The house even had the red and green cameras to indicate safe or not safe for sex.

Again, Jack was a crusading councillor who wanted to ban lap dancing, he was an advocate for women's rights, so it does show lack of character and double standards on his part. It's not that he actually had his pants down in a bawdy house, he was a crusading councillor - that certainly points to lack of ethics.

That's silly. You obviously don't watch American politics.

I consume a lot of American media on politics. And that's putting it lightly. You could almost say it's part of my job. And I've been doing it for many years.

If you think Canadian politics, whether it be statements from politicians or the discourse in our media, is somehow on a higher level than our American counterparts, you're just ignorant or delusional. Or perhaps biased.

Edited by Bob

We shall forget about the FACT that the police didn't see fit to arrest Layton for what you claim he did, right MikeDavid?

BTW, don't worry about the risk of being sued for libel. Layton has better things to do than to waste his time with losers.

Edited by CANADIEN