Leadership

So I will ask you a question, I don't agree with you at times but you seem to have a brain, so the question is. Can jack do everything he has said, with out taxing us to a real death and when he raises the corporate taxes up to 19.5% will that effect new investment to this country.

I doubt he can, any more than Stephen Harper can magically find efficiencies in Ottawa to pay for some of his promises.

My problem with this whole train of thought, PIK, is the idea that the platforms mean a damned thing right now. It's not like anyone is going to get a majority where they can impose their promises, and most of the time even with majority governments at some point the more daft promises get tossed by the wayside. Witness the forever promised but never delivered national daycare program that was a fixture of the Liberal Red Book for a decade.

None of the promises mean anything, because no one is going to be in a position to keep them. What we'll see, however the next government is formed, is a lot of horsetrading, maybe a few promises kept in some sort of half ass measure, but basically there will either be no major policy direction or a coalition of some kind will be formulated and a whole new policy package will be produced (like we saw in Britain with the Tory-LibDem coalition).

So I will ask you a question, I don't agree with you at times but you seem to have a brain, so the question is. Can jack do everything he has said, with out taxing us to a real death and when he raises the corporate taxes up to 19.5% will that effect new investment to this country.

life will go on just as one day when I woke up and found a GST where there was none before...

Nanos Leadership Index

Disaster for Harper and Ignatieff as Layton takes a HUGE jump upwards

As I suspected that attempted smear by Sun Media has only helped to reimforce Layton as the person Canadians want to lead the country.

Layton - 97.4, Up 16.9

Harper - 88.0, Down 6.5

Ignatieff - 39.1, Down 6.1

Duceppe - 8.0, Down 1.5

Edited by Harry

Leadership Index - what wins elections!

Smilin' Jack must be feeling very very good today, this last day of the campaigning. :)

Date / Pollster / Layton / Harper / Ignatieff

May 1 / Nanos / 97.4 / 88.0 / 39.1

Apr 28 / Nanos / 95.3 / 83.2 / 34.3

Apr 27 / Ipsos-Reid / 45% / 42% / 13%

Apr 27 / Forum / 33% / 32% / 14%

Apr 27 / Nanos / 86.2 / 82.7 / 40.1

Edited by Harry

Er--- is jack & wife still living in government subsidized housing like he did when a councilman (along with his wife) in Toronto?

Well, if he gets to be leader of the opposition he will be again.

Tilter, Tilter, Tilter... This one was visited 20 years ago, and the city of Toronto sollicitor foundno wrongdoings.

Some will call the inistence on this thing a smear campaign, others a sign of desperation. I just call it like of imagination.

There are so many far more interesting things you can demonize him with. Like

HE HAS A MUSTACHE, LIKE HITLER

HE BIKES... AND THERE ARE A LOT OF CYCLISTS IN COMMUNIST CHINA

HIS WIFE IS A MP, HIS SON IS A CITY COUNCILLOR... THAT'S NEPOTISM

See, that's not difficult. :P

Harry,

Let's get realisit, shall we?

What wins elections is getting the most seats. And the NDP will not achieve that on Monday. Tehir results will be impressive, and they will be second, which is quite an achievement considering that not 3 weeks ago they were polling in the low to mid tens.

What you hope for and what the prophets of doom fear will not happen. The NDP is not getting a majority, they are not finishing first, I do not think they will have enough seats to form the government without the support of BOTH other opposition parties.

If today's polling is any indication, please, please bring out some more smears on Layton.

The polls jumped 2% in the NDP's favour over the Cons overnite, and Layton is now pulling away from Harper in the best choice for Prime Minister Index. :D

Edited by Harry

This horse race sounds like it may go down to the wire, May the best candidate prevail on Monday, May 2, 2011.

what are you? Some kind of radical? Actually posting a polite and rational comment on MLW. Smarten up!!1!!!1!

This horse race sounds like it may go down to the wire, May the best candidate prevail on Monday, May 2, 2011.

Welcome to the forum Alan.

From a partisan perspective, in this election I desire a Conservative majority with a NDP opposition. The Liberals can then begin rebuilding and if that means merging with the NDP so be it. Then, centre right can govern for a while then the centre left gets its turn. Under such a scenario I might turn into one of those swing voters.

If today's polling is any indication, please, please bring out some more smears on Layton.

The polls jumped 2% in the NDP's favour over the Cons overnite, and Layton is now pulling away from Harper in the best choice for Prime Minister Index. :D

Sorry maplesyrup, but you're completely wrong. Harper is comfortably ahead in the leadership index. And that 2% is the margin of error.

Sorry maplesyrup, but you're completely wrong. Harper is comfortably ahead in the leadership index. And that 2% is the margin of error.

Why do you constantly lie and make up ****?

http://www.nanosresearch.com/election2011/20110430-LeadershipE.pdf