Rapist votes Liberal

Martin Ferrier, a rapist and arsonist who has said he wants to be Canada's greatest mass murderer and a household name like Paul Bernardo, will leave prison next month. Although police, the parole board, and prison psychiatrists have said they believe he will kill someone when he gets out there is no legal way to keep him inside.

On Harper's plan to keep multiple offenders like him (he has 60 convictions) in prison he said "I wasn't too happy about that. I voted Liberal." <_<

I see maplesyrup has edited his post, so now I must do so to remain current...

Ferrier's opinion in this matter is very important, I think. He's the one who is going to be most personally affected by it, and I think if the criminals and multiple offenders don't like Harper's plan, then it must be a good one :) Maybe it's just me, but if I had to go back to prison if someone got elected, I'd probly vote against them too.

And, of course... birds of a feather flock together... and vote for each other...

I think Argus' point is well taken! If the liberals put Micheal Moore's rant on their front web page as a reason not to vote Conservative then perhaps the Conservatives should put this filth on their page as a reason not to vote liberal.

If you have a degenerate of society believing that the Conservatives are a bad thing as a result of personal issues with their platform, I believe by default that it's a good thing.

All that needs to be done for a case like this is a toughening of the dangerous offender legislation though. Harper's plan is to put everybody in jail for as long as possible. We've been seeing that not work in the US since Reagan was President. Why do something that we've seen fail before?

Martin Ferrier, a rapist and arsonist who has said he wants to be Canada's greatest mass murderer and a household name like Paul Bernardo, will leave prison next month.
Argus, are you suggesting that the Tories should make an ad about this? "Don't vote like Bernardo!"

There are some 20 million potential voters. God knows who they are and how they vote.

Choosing to vote for a political party, even choosing to be a member of a political party, is not the same as choosing membership in a private club.

Voting for a political party is not the same as being a fan for a hockey team.

Confusion about this depresses me.

If instead you mean that the Liberals or NDP are "soft" on crime, then say so and argue your case.

Wow, I like how all of the left wingers can only resort to personal insults. The reason why this topic was posted was to show the liberals under Paul Martin as soft on crime. Not to mention its prisoners god given right to vote, and like the left always say the judges can never be wrong, no matter what the situation. :rolleyes:

How low and petty can you get; Argus I expected better from you.

How is this petty? It is an example of what everyone who cares about violent crime has long said - that the Liberals don't care to punish it, don't care about it, aren't interested in confronting it.

Instead we get gun registration, a placebo which has no positive affect and cost between $1b and $2b depending on who you listen to.

Who can state it more clearly than those affected: If you want a party which will go easy on rapists and murderers, vote Liberal. Just like they do.

Martin Ferrier, a rapist and arsonist who has said he wants to be Canada's greatest mass murderer and a household name like Paul Bernardo, will leave prison next month.
Argus, are you suggesting that the Tories should make an ad about this? "Don't vote like Bernardo!"

What I'm saying is I would take this guy's picture

Martin Ferrier - Liberal and put it in the paper as a phony Liberal Party ad.

Hi. My name is Martin Ferrier. I've got over 60 convictions for everything from arson to rape. I want to be Canada's most famous mass murderer. Won't you please help? If the Tories get into power they won't let me back on the street. I'm voting Liberal, to help me accomplish my life's ambition. Please vote Liberal to help me and guys like me.

Remember, this guy is voting Liberal for one reason only - because they're soft on crime and he fears the Tories will keep him in prison.

You

EDMONTON (CP) - An Alberta prisoner was justified in carrying a handmade knife which he used to fatally stab another inmate, the Supreme Court of Canada said in a controversial decision released Wednesday.

prisoner decision

with decisions such as this, it is obvious the current system does not work. I like your point of the Consevatives using this to their advantage but why stoop to the same level as the Liberals?

I'm surprised this has not received more coverage.

Thanx august, I think it hasn't received coverage because it confirms that the current system does not work and the news media is more interested in shoveling more dirt onto the Conservatives for their views or percieved views. I also notice that there are nto to many comments from soem of the other regulars to the forum. :blink: