Federal Election Polls

I doubt that very much. If it happens to turn out that the CPC ends up with a slim minority, which is the very best Harper can wish for, you will see an informal Liberal/NDP agreement that will keep Harper in check.

It can't be informal at that point. To turf Harper if that happens it would most certainly need to be a formal coalition.

Hopefully it won't be necessary, but if it is, I hope JT has the smarts to join forces t=with the NDP.

I'll take whatever mix it comes in as long as we get our democracy back.

.....and you really - seriously - think Trudeau's handlers, the omnipresent Liberal Backroom Boys - will let you "get your democracy back"? The Liberal Party in third place, trying to put on a fresh face of "hope and change" - and yet they have already shown it's penchant for dictatorial autocracy. As I've often said - be careful what you wish for.

.....and you really - seriously - think Trudeau's handlers, the omnipresent Liberal Backroom Boys - will let you "get your democracy back"? The Liberal Party in third place, trying to put on a fresh face of "hope and change" - and yet they have already shown it's penchant for dictatorial autocracy. As I've often said - be careful what you wish for.

With the spectre of PMO corruption on a colossal scale unfolding at the Duffy trial, you have the temerity to use the "Liberal Backroom Boys" to slam the overwhelming desire for change.

Harper has established a new definition of corruption: harnessing the resources of the PMO and senate to deceive the public on the origins of money paid to a senator, then doubling down to cover it up.

Give your head a shake, this unbridled corruption is coming to an end.

With the spectre of PMO corruption on a colossal scale unfolding at the Duffy trial, you have the temerity to use the "Liberal Backroom Boys" to slam the overwhelming desire for change.

Harper has established a new definition of corruption: harnessing the resources of the PMO and senate to deceive the public on the origins of money paid to a senator, then doubling down to cover it up.

Give your head a shake, this unbridled corruption is coming to an end.

Like I said - be careful what you wish for. This is the first time in the history of Canada - if not the world - that a Government scandal centers around someone who is trying to give $90,000 back to the taxpayers. Duffy and other senators may be sleazy on their expenses but the government got into this whole mess because whether the expenses were legal or not (and ironically, they still may end up to be technically legal) - Harper told Duffy they weren't proper and PAY THEM BACK. Then Wright started to make his fateful decisions.

Now - how about those millions that the NDP owe? How about that Liberal senator Mac Harb - whose house that he claimed for expenses wasn't lived in - and was 99.9% owned by female Brunei Ambassador to Canada. Where's the investigative journalism tracking down that juicy tidbit?

This is the first time in the history of Canada - if not the world - that a Government scandal centers around someone who is trying to give $90,000 back to the taxpayers.

how conveniently naive of you! Again: Andrew Coyne: "Once it is seen as part of an effort to tamper with a supposedly independent audit, to rewrite a report and hoodwink the public, it takes on a darker hue"

Hear hear. 10 years of secretive, manipulative, undemocratic, extreme right, scandalist, corrupt regime of Harper destroyed democracy in this country and that is why I am voting for ABC. Anything to take our democracy back.

Hypothetically, would an MP like Ralph Goodale be more likely to vote with the CPC or with the NDP? I don't think all Liberal MPs would be eager to form an alliance with the NDP.

Like I said, they got what they needed when they needed it. Right now we do not have many over seas ,just some SF and 10 planes. And if harper wins and the economy picks up which it will, that to will change. But can you say the same about the other 2. Both parties despise the military.

In my opinion, one can't judge how the leaders of the NDP or the Liberal party will govern because its different leaders leading the party. Does Harper govern like Mulroney, or other Tory PMs? NO!

Can we get back to the polls?

per CBC's Poll Tracker... polls within August:

note: Poll Tracker has yet to be updated to reflect the most recently released poll from

Léger/Journal de Montréal & Le Devoir (8/10 - 8/12): NDP @ 33%, Liberal @ 28%, Conservative @ 27%

m1CZvjS.jpg

Yep it looks like right now, the Tories are down in the polls. Amazing how smug the Harper-haters are, cheering on like kids in the schoolyard. They've been told time and again it's a long way to election day. Sometimes they're up, sometimes they're down. Polls mean very little this far out. But enjoy it.....maybe it'll last, maybe it won't.

Well, saying something like that is about the same as Trudeau wanting to grow the economy "from the heart out" which for me is an unimaginable thing for an intelligent adult tot say, but i suppose if you buy that you will buy almost anything.

Spoken like someone who's had reason to feel the same smug pleasure themselves on occasion.

Yep, 10 years of listening to chicken littles whine about the environment, the economy, and just about everything else, meanwhile nothing has really changed, well nothing in reality anyway, imagination is a different story, but despite all of that whinging for a decade the conservatives have kept irrational left wing haters out of power, that's a reason to feel some pleasure.

Well, saying something like that is about the same as Trudeau wanting to grow the economy "from the heart out" which for me is an unimaginable thing for an intelligent adult tot say, but i suppose if you buy that you will buy almost anything.

of course that's you buying into the purposeful deception/misinformation of Harper Conservatives and their out-of-context, one-liner zingers!... where that "heart" had previously been stated as the "middle-class". You know, growing the economy, "from the middle-class out".

The Liberal Party in third place, trying to put on a fresh face of "hope and change" - and yet they have already shown it's penchant for dictatorial autocracy. As I've often said - be careful what you wish for.

The latest poll, Leger/Le Devoir, has your party in third place - down 5 points in a month - and the PMO scandal is just ramping up and going nowhere. Corruption tends to do this to those seeking re-election.

Edited by Vancouver King

The latest poll, Leger/Le Devoir, has your party in third place - down 5 points in a month - and the PMO scandal is just ramping up and going nowhere. Corruption tends to do this to those seeking re-election.

The polls show only that the electorate is going through a bi-polar stage ... results all over the map. With 2 months to go , its going to continue ... The CPC hasn't laid a hand on Smiley Tom or his merry band of Unionist and Enviro masters , that will come. Explain the new green economy and how it will work.The NDP in its policy book states clearly that they will shut down carbon producing industries.I imagine that means the auto industry , oil etc , a lot of high paying jobs ..The oil sands bring in 150 million a DAY to this economy. What is the specific plan to replace those industries?

Don't know about that - at least with the Liberals. Historically, they tread the middle ground rather successfully. And it's not hard to argue that the Chretien government of the '90s is far more representative of traditional "conservative" governance than Harper's government is. As far as the NDP goes .... who the hell knows.

.....and what does that have to do with the post? It was about the Liberals' fresh face of hope and change - already tainted by Trudeau's knee-jerk, autocratic style - and policies that are still driven by the Backroom Boys. The Tories may finish first second - or even third......but I'll keep saying - be careful what you wish for. Chances are that the Federal Liberals would give us something akin to what we have in Ontario - a government that has driven Ontario into a ditch that will take decades to recover from. Imagine that level of decimation on a Federal scale! It's not fear-mongering - Trudeau and Wynne are each other's cheerleaders - ideologically, what you see in Ontario is very close to what you'd get on the Federal scene. Why should one think differently?

Edited by Keepitsimple

The polls show only that the electorate is going through a bi-polar stage ... results all over the map. With 2 months to go , its going to continue ... The CPC hasn't laid a hand on Smiley Tom or his merry band of Unionist and Enviro masters , that will come. Explain the new green economy and how it will work.The NDP in its policy book states clearly that they will shut down carbon producing industries.I imagine that means the auto industry , oil etc , a lot of high paying jobs ..The oil sands bring in 150 million a DAY to this economy. What is the specific plan to replace those industries?

Maybe you could choose a name that would better reflect your current views. Like neoconservative or maybe neofascist.