White Pride

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given your party's repeatedly stated disdain for anything and everything said or done by the UN should you really be citing them to justify your repeated complaints about the phrase?

His party?

He had a party and I wasn't invited?

BC, you are off my St Valentine;s list

Pretty sure BC doesn't support gay anything either Morris...

Not sure what to make of that comment. In my opinion BC is not only the most consistent poster here, he is also the most egalitarian.

And what does StV cards have to do with support, or non support of things gay?

Not sure what to make of that comment. In my opinion BC is not only the most consistent poster here, he is also the most egalitarian.

And what does StV cards have to do with support, or non support of things gay?

It was what some people would term as a joke... I guess you just didn't see any humour in it.

Ahh you westerners and your RCMP. ;)

OPP actually....

Silly me. :) Maybe we should get the OPP here in BC. They probably kick less people in the face than the RCMP.

Anyhow, the party is billed as a 3 day festival and open to friends of the league. I believe that constitutes more than a private party (havent looked) thus the OPP knowing about it. It could be fopr a variety or reasons though....LCBO Permit, Insurance,local by laws on property use and population, sanitary reasons.....

Yeah, I'm sure that's exactly what the county reeve and the cops are referring to. Liability insurance and liquor licenses. ;)

-k

Silly me. :) Maybe we should get the OPP here in BC. They probably kick less people in the face than the RCMP.

Yeah, I'm sure that's exactly what the county reeve and the cops are referring to. Liability insurance and liquor licenses. ;)

-k

Well...They'll definately need a fire permit...

How else can you burn a cross legally???

Well...They'll definately need a fire permit...

How else can you burn a cross legally???

I came across this issue last year when I was burning effigies in the yard. The trick is, you just use small effigies.

-k

{or, burn full-sized effigies of very small people.}

I came across this issue last year when I was burning effigies in the yard. The trick is, you just use small effigies.

-k

{or, burn full-sized effigies of very small people.}

Yes..

It's called the "VooDoo Doll Effigy Incineration Theory"...

Burning effigies in the yard...Hmmm????

Talkin' to Markuze again???

Yes..

It's called the "VooDoo Doll Effigy Incineration Theory"...

Burning effigies in the yard...Hmmm????

Talkin' to Markuze again???

Not since I burned his very very small effigy.

-k

What prompted the incineration??

I had to. "N" predicted it.

So, srsly: when people get upset about "burning crosses (in Prince George, as we speak!)" is it the fire hazard that has them upset?

-k

Edited by kimmy

I had to. "N" predicted it.

So, srsly: when people get upset about "burning crosses (in Prince George, as we speak!)" is it the fire hazard that has them upset?

-k

Who's "N"?

Check this out...

http://crispian-jago.blogspot.com/2010/12/trolling-for-dummies-by-dennis-markuze.html

Are you having Klan issues in Prince George??

As far as why people get upset about it,I 'd suggest that it's about the symbology.As to where it comes from,I honestly don't get it..I've heared that it's a Masonic thing....

This is one of the very few times we really need Lictor to show up and educate us on kooky behaviour...

Who's "N"?

Nostradamus, silly. :)

Are you having Klan issues in Prince George??

Reference to a famous Hedy Fry outburst.

As far as why people get upset about it,I 'd suggest that it's about the symbology.As to where it comes from,I honestly don't get it..I've heared that it's a Masonic thing....

People don't get upset about burning crosses because they think there's a fire hazard. Likewise, I think it unlikely that the cops and the reeve are concerned about this because they're worried about the insurance or liquor licenses.

-k

Nostradamus, silly. :)

Reference to a famous Hedy Fry outburst.

People don't get upset about burning crosses because they think there's a fire hazard. Likewise, I think it unlikely that the cops and the reeve are concerned about this because they're worried about the insurance or liquor licenses.

-k

Oh yes..Good 'ol Nossie...

It's almost 2 AM...I'm a little slow on the uptake...

I forgot about Fry and those over the top Klan references...Sort of a quasi Goodwins Law thing using the Klan instead of NAZI's...

I know that people are'nt going to get upset at a cross burning ceremony because the burners might not have a permit,but that permit is a reason (see pretext) to supervise the gathering from a discret distance...Plus they'll get to see all sorts of Stormfront members in public and see lots of Fascist salutes and SS regalia...

Perhaps a Lictor sighting!!!

Edited by Jack Weber

White pride? The idea seems rather silly.

I'm supposed to be proud simply for having been born white? That's about as good a reason as having been born with 2 arms! I had no control over my birth race. How can I take pride in something that has nothing to do with my personal efforts or accomplishments?

No, the idea is simply a reaction to the socially divisive idea of Black Pride or Green Pride. There's a good argument involving being a victim, entitlements and official multicultural government money that says it's all just using racist excuses to grab money and opportunities from what's perceived in some circles as an unfairly advantaged group.

Don't ask me to be proud of being white but I AM proud of my British/European heritage and culture! It wasn't Tibetan prayer wheels that put a man on the moon or dreamcatchers that led to penicillin. Not that there's no value in those other cultural achievements but I put my primary value on those inventions that keep us warm and well fed while enjoying a long healthy life in a society that has a low infant mortality rate. I was awed and delighted watching both my daughters being born. I would not have cared for the experience if there was only medieval technology available in the birthing room.

To me, ANY pride taken for something you had no control over is simply undeserved!

No, the idea is simply a reaction to the socially divisive idea of Black Pride or Green Pride. There's a good argument involving being a victim, entitlements and official multicultural government money that says it's all just using racist excuses to grab money and opportunities from what's perceived in some circles as an unfairly advantaged group.

Not too many people are born Green. As for Black pride, it was a natural and admirable reaction to Black Shame, which had been the attitude towards minorities up until around the Civil Rights Act. The opposite of Shame is Pride, after all. As a device for lifting people out of a depressed state, it was a good idea.

But in the end, you're right, we shouldn't exactly be prideful of things we're born with (including intelligence or athletic ability by the way) but we should be thankful, and comfortable with it IMO.

Don't ask me to be proud of being white but I AM proud of my British/European heritage and culture! It wasn't Tibetan prayer wheels that put a man on the moon or dreamcatchers that led to penicillin.

To me, ANY pride taken for something you had no control over is simply undeserved!

But... aren't you proud over your heritage as you said above ? Did you control that ? I suppose I can control my heritage by merely selecting whatever ancestor I would like to celebrate...

Not too many people are born Green. As for Black pride, it was a natural and admirable reaction to Black Shame, which had been the attitude towards minorities up until around the Civil Rights Act. The opposite of Shame is Pride, after all. As a device for lifting people out of a depressed state, it was a good idea....

Was there a Civil Rights Act in Canada? I'm not sure what you mean by "Black Shame" being directed towards "minorities", if only because all minorities are/were not "Black".

Was there a Civil Rights Act in Canada? I'm not sure what you mean by "Black Shame" being directed towards "minorities", if only because all minorities are/were not "Black".

Maybe fostered was a better word and maybe Blacks was a better word... not using my best English today.

The Civil Rights Act originated in the same country where Black Pride as a movement did.

Maybe fostered was a better word and maybe Blacks was a better word... not using my best English today.

The Civil Rights Act originated in the same country where Black Pride as a movement did.

OK...then you are invoking and projecting the American experience for Canada. I'm not sure if it applies across the board. So called "Black Pride" pre-dates the Civil Rights Movement by many decades, going back at least to the days of Jack Johnson defeating Canadian heavyweight champion Tommy Burns. This caused "White Shame" to such a degree that the lasting term "Great White Hope" came into popular usage thereafter.