Ignatieff wants to raise taxes by $6B this year alone!

This video clearly shows the facts as they are.

He wants to raise taxes by $6B immediately, in fact he demanded that his tax increases be included in the next budget or he'll vote the budget down.

Ignatieff also called himself a tax and spend Liberal.

Can we trust Ignatieff to run the economy? Would Ignatieffs massive corporate and personal tax hikes help Canada's now recovering economy?

The ad didn't seem to mention the tax?

What is this 6 billion I can't find any documentation on it.

It seems the ad is just inane rhetoric.

The only places that are putting this junk out of conservative party sources.

It is called "a lie"

I think this at the very least may be correcting the damage done by harper in terms of balance of payments - you know stopping the

HIDDEN TAX ON THE FUTURE BY CONSERVATIVES

IN THEIR 50 billion and 40 billion and so on tax increases that have happened over the last 5 years.

DEBT MONEY AIN'T TAX FREE, IT IS TAX PLUS INTEREST.

50 billion of 250 billion is 20% HIDDEN TAX...

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE STUPID CANADIANS GET A CLUE.. just because it ain't coming from you now doesn't mean you don't get less or pay more later.

Harper is taking your credit card and spending from it and he's been doing this for 5 years without paying the bill.

Revenue from deficit spending has to be more than the costs to be a good move otherwise it is destructive spending, and requires more hardship on the public to compensate for. Growth rates pared with taxes have not outstriped the deficits costs so it is destructive spending.

And for you deadbeats, if it ain't you it is your legacy. Of course I'm geussing most Canadians would sell out their sovereigty for a beer or $50.

Edited by William Ashley

He wants to raise taxes by $6B immediately, in fact he demanded that his tax increases be included in the next budget or he'll vote the budget down.

Can we trust Ignatieff to run the economy? Would Ignatieffs massive corporate and personal tax hikes help Canada's now recovering economy?

BS.

and much better to tax and spend than just spend what you don't have. Doing the opposite is what has us in the deficit that we are in. Pretty simple.

Its half truths again! The 6 billion dollars is the cost to taxpayers to lower the corporate taxes. The Liberals have said they want to keep the corporate tax at 18% and given Canadians a tax break but we wouldn't see that on the Tories website. as far as the GST, the Liberals have said they would rise the GST back were it was but lower inocme taxes but ONLY in GOOD times.

Its half truths again! The 6 billion dollars is the cost to taxpayers to lower the corporate taxes. The Liberals have said they want to keep the corporate tax at 18%

Except that corporate taxes are already at 16.5%, so as of January 31st, the Liberal proposal became a tax increase.

Except that corporate taxes are already at 16.5%, so as of January 31st, the Liberal proposal became a tax increase.

ok, so that means the Tories are taking the taxes to 14%, why not take them down to 0% and get it over with and rise taxes on the middle-class and get that over with too! The Tories think more about corporate taxes, for the reason most of the politicians have their own business. Conflict of interest here, isn't it? Since the Tories have been in the PMO, they have lowered corp. tax 32 or 36%. Don't forget 3 days before the 2008 election, Harper poured 25 Billion into the Banks and another 50 Bil after the election. Taxpayers under this government won't get a break because of the high debt we have and I'm not sure we will get one because of the mismanagement of Canada's finances.

Tax and spending beats borrowing and spending. Spending money that isn't there, to me it reeks of dishonety. Besides, with the after tax profits the banks and oil companies are recording....I don't think they need the Billions Harper wants us to give them.

Edited by gordiecanuk

Liberals: tax and spend

Actually, they didn't tax and spend. They cut taxes, and cut spending. Or did you forget the budgets of 1994-2000 already?

Conservative: spend

Yes, recession so-called stimulus type spending. Which I disagree with. Which was basically pushed on them by the opposition parties threathening to take down the government. You can't have it both ways. Your ilk pressuring the government to spending billions and billions of dollars. And then complaining when they succeed in their goal. :rolleyes:

One ends up with massive deficits, one does not. Can you guess which one?

Really? Trudeau taxed and spent, and it let to gigantic deficits. Anyone that thinks you can tax and spend you way into prosperity is gravely mistaken.

Tax and spending beats borrowing and spending. Spending money that isn't there, to me it reeks of dishonety. Besides, with the after tax profits the banks and oil companies are recording....I don't think they need the Billions Harper wants us to give them.

Harper's not giving them anything. They're simply able to keep more of their own money. But go ahead, raise their taxes. But corporations don't pay taxes. They pass those expenses on to consumers through the goods and services they provide. So essentially, you're calling for price increases on average Canadians. Btw, the government makes far more per litre on gasoline than the evil oil companies do. But go ahead, raise taxes on them too. And I'm guessing you'll be the first person to complain of the increase in gasoline prices because of it. :rolleyes:

The problem is, that most people don't have a basic grasp of economics. It especially shows in this forum.

Really? Trudeau taxed and spent, and it let to gigantic deficits. Anyone that thinks you can tax and spend you way into prosperity is gravely mistaken.

Seems to work in Northern Europe, for example. As far as I know, PET never attempted those tax levels (at all). My understanding was that he mistakenly expected the NEP to generate enough revenue to offset the deficits. One could point to many examples of tax-cutting governments (Reagan, Bush, ...) that created massive deficits. As has been pointed out on this board, NDP governments in MB and SK have balanced their budgets with high taxes.

I received a ten-percenter today from my MP, Patrick Brown, claiming that rolling back this year's corporate tax cut would raise taxes on 'ma and pa' shops:

I reject the Opposition's proposal to raise corporate taxes on small businesses. Small businesses are the growth engine of our economy. I will never support Michael Ignatieff's plan to raise corporate taxes on 'ma and pa' shops in Barrie.

Corporations that qualify for the small business deduction pay a net federal tax rate of 11%, and are not affected by this corporate tax cut:

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/bsnss/tpcs/crprtns/rts-eng.html