MP Pat Martin

Did anyone see power play I think the show is last night, I just heard on the radio ,he really made a ass out of himself by the way he took after a female con MP,. listening to the people, men and women calling into the talk show and they are fumimg. But anyone that follows politics will know martin is a real pit bull, makes baird and holland look like a kittens. And being international womens day ,I think he shoud resign or be fired. One lady sent layton a email and asked him what if a con MP spoke to your wife like that, now she has not recieved a response yet, jack is recovering at the moment, but it will be interesting how this plays out.

Did anyone see power play I think the show is last night, I just heard on the radio ,he really made a ass out of himself by the way he took after a female con MP,. listening to the people, men and women calling into the talk show and they are fumimg. But anyone that follows politics will know martin is a real pit bull, makes baird and holland look like a kittens. And being international womens day ,I think he shoud resign or be fired. One lady sent layton a email and asked him what if a con MP spoke to your wife like that, now she has not recieved a response yet, jack is recovering at the moment, but it will be interesting how this plays out.

I did see it and the Tory member knew how to get to Martin right off. Instead of answering the question, she starting attacking the NDP party just like they did today in QP. Martin was angry and told her she was full of it. It may not been political correct to say that, she ask for it. I think she's still angry over the gun registry. Days before election with this government, it always gets nasty and its going to get nastier until an election day is set. Martin should do what he Tories do, do or say what you want, then apologize to make people happy.

I saw the show and Pat Martin was not only correct in the outrage, he also showed Candice Hoeppner to be the usual Conservative "talking point" stooge and liar.

The "in and out" scheme is election fraud pure and simple. The Conservatives conspired to create a scheme to exceed their national campaign spending limit by fraudulently claiming national expense as local campaign expenses. Then they collected from taxpayers reimbursements for supposed "local" campaign expenses that they were not entitled to.

So, the Conservatives knowingly and illegally exceeded their national campaign spending limits, and fraudulently took money from Canadian taxpayers as local campaign reimbursements.

And, as Pat Martin pointed out on Power and Politics, this isn't a new fraud for Conservatives. In 1999, Vic Toews, the Minister of Public Safety was convicted of election overspending when he was running provincially in Manitoba.

The Conservatives are crooks and are guilty of defrauding the Canadian people.

I saw the show and Pat Martin was not only correct in the outrage, he also showed Candice Hoeppner to be the usual Conservative "talking point" stooge and liar.

The "in and out" scheme is election fraud pure and simple. The Conservatives conspired to create a scheme to exceed their national campaign spending limit by fraudulently claiming national expense as local campaign expenses. Then they collected from taxpayers reimbursements for supposed "local" campaign expenses that they were not entitled to.

So, the Conservatives knowingly and illegally exceeded their national campaign spending limits, and fraudulently took money from Canadian taxpayers as local campaign reimbursements.

And, as Pat Martin pointed out on Power and Politics, this isn't a new fraud for Conservatives. In 1999, Vic Toews, the Minister of Public Safety was convicted of election overspending when he was running provincially in Manitoba.

The Conservatives are crooks and are guilty of defrauding the Canadian people.

What a great post, I love it. Nothing like this happened ever before only the cons have ever done this, oh by the way did we ever get the 40 mil back yet. But back on a serious note, if you agree with martin ,then you as a man should be ashamed of yourself, picking on a women that way, disgusting. Now after you 2 are on record ,I don't want to hear any complaining from either of you on any other members of govermnet conduct.

Shocking.... truly shocking.

Cons are attacking the NDP?

This is such a story,

1) I had to be reminded who Pat Martin is

2) I had to be reminded who Candice Hopner is

3) I could find any links to this story looking on google, but its definitely shocking.

Yup. I am shocked....

Poor me a cup of faux pas outrage.

I didn't see the airing, so I can't say much without more information. Did Martin say things that were misogynist? Or, should female politicians be protected from attack just because they're, well... female?

That said, I find Pat Martin to be a boor. He seems driven more by blind allegiance to dogma than considerate logic and regularly expresses his resulting opinions in the most combative, crass manner, both inside and outside of the House of Commons. The behaviour isn't atypical amongst big union leaders. I wouldn't be upset in the least to see him gone from politics, at least just so I never hear him on television or in a podcast again.

[sp]

Edited by g_bambino

Well now , lets see if I have this right.

And being international womens day ,I think he shoud resign or be fired.

So , this guy Pat Martin should resign or be fired because he was taking part in a conversation and it got a bit heated. So, basically a legal above board conversation, on radio to o.

But you defend Conservatives thru and thru, including Oda who lied in Parliament, adding the in and out debacle, two of which are illegal but they should not have any sanctions against them.

Sorry, what were ya askin' about again? This is so confusing.

Tell me, did you manage to get in an adscam reference. The book says you must do that every time.

Page 4, when asking a Liberal how much lunch cost, remember to say "Yea but you stole $40 million ! (or make up a number)

Pages 7 thru 9 are NEP, Trudeau, etc.

She was nothing but a stooge for the Harper government and lies through her teeth. "Common practice"? PROVE IT! Elections Canada is picking on the Cons?? LOL yeah, ok.... right... :rolleyes:

Pat Martin said nothing wrong and has nothing to apologize for in the content.... he should have kept his head a little better... but no big deal. Good for Pat for calling out these lying cons (cons, as in fraudsters).

But you defend Conservatives thru and thru, including Oda who lied in Parliament, adding the in and out debacle, two of which are illegal but they should not have any sanctions against them.

Excellent point... hypocrite partisan hacks abound.

Edited by The_Squid

Thanks for the link. (I'd been searching carefully through the CTV Power Play archives.:P )

Come on, there's no way that was misogynist. Angry, aggressive, sure. Obnoxious, maybe. But what's the worst thing he said? That she's "full of it"? That she's a disgrace? People say worse in politics all the time. You wouldn't think twice if he'd been speaking to a man. Besides, Hoeppner did seem pretty full of it and seemed to be deliberately antagonizing and provoking him. He didn't need to rise to the bait but it's not grounds for resignation.

Edited by Evening Star

Well now , lets see if I have this right.

So , this guy Pat Martin should resign or be fired because he was taking part in a conversation and it got a bit heated. So, basically a legal above board conversation, on radio to o.

Sorry, what were ya askin' about again? This is so confusing.

Tell me, did you manage to get in an adscam reference. The book says you must do that every time.

Page 4, when asking a Liberal how much lunch cost, remember to say "Yea but you stole $40 million ! (or make up a number)

Pages 7 thru 9 are NEP, Trudeau, etc.

I am just making the point how all this fake rage is a joke coming form the left and the crying for everyone to resign, they only look very childish and the people of canada know that. And lets talk adscam, is this the same , is money be passed around in envolopes, being stolen never to be paid back. The oda files , go back and check what I said on that thread, you will find I said she should go, but what are facts these day anyways.IN&OUT , not good , but to say that only they have ever done that, well you are a fool if you think that.So guyser let me ask you a question, have the people that ran for the lib leadership ,paid back all the money that EC went out of their way to keep extending the deadline, which to me is not right either, I don't think the cons would have gotten the same support from EC that the libs did. So can someone find out if they ever did?

Thanks for the link.

You're welcome.

He didn't need to rise to the bait but it's not grounds for resignation.

Is Martin over the top at times? Sure he is. He's one of those politicians that makes Parliament entertaining and colourful and I hope he sticks around for awhile.

You're welcome.

Is Martin over the top at times? Sure he is. He's one of those politicians that makes Parliament entertaining and colourful and I hope he sticks around for awhile.

Exactly ,the same as baird and holland, but when people say they need to tone it down, hell no let them go and vent and get it out of their systems and then get to work with a clear head or it will show its ugly head somewhere else.

. And lets talk adscam, is this the same , is money be passed around in envolopes, being stolen never to be paid back.

Why even go there? FOr washt purpose other than to try and smear. So get used to it sticking around when the Conservatives get hoisted on it too.

No matter how I look at adscam, and it was bad and they paid the price, everytime someone brings it up I think of a teeenager crying "But mom you spanked me when I was 6" as some excuse for what is happening now

The oda files , go back and check what I said on that thread, you will find I said she should go, but what are facts these day anyways.

You know, I believe you did say that , so frankly I offer an apology to you . That said pik, you cant ask for a resignatioin on a discussion panels insults and use it was Intl Womens Day as an excuse (IT is always Womens Day in my house,m whether I want it to bew or not)

So guyser let me ask you a question, have the people that ran for the lib leadership ,paid back all the money that EC went out of their way to keep extending the deadline, which to me is not right either, I don't think the cons would have gotten the same support from EC that the libs did. So can someone find out if they ever did?

AFAIK none of them were found guilty of that. Others were .

Exactly ,the same as baird and holland, but when people say they need to tone it down, hell no let them go and vent and get it out of their systems and then get to work with a clear head or it will show its ugly head somewhere else.

So is this healthy venting or grounds for resignation and a sign of "serious issues that need to be dealt with"? You can't have it both ways.

He definitly went over the top, very angry man who IMO has some serious issues that need to be dealt with.

You think so, do you? I'm not fond of the NDP in general, or Pat Martin in particular, but my take on that was that he practiced inappropriate self control. His language was downright parliamentary compared to the way I might have replied to her.

By the way, to be patronized is not one of the goals of the women's movement.

As far as the adscam goes, the Quebec Liberals were wrong, some went to jail and the whole party paid for the crime....they were voted out of government. Now, the Tories have broken the law, they knew what they were doing , people within their OWN party that have said so. Those people were the smart ones and turned down the offer to do an in and out action. Now I know what its like to think you supported a party and they turned out to be crooks, but that is the truth here. So when election day comes either don't vote or vote against the party that stole money from you and me and do it for Canada.

Did Martin say anything mysoginist? Is there evidence he woul have acted otherwise if he had been confronting a man instead of a woman? Nope. So no matter what he said, to argue that it is worse because it was said to a woman and this is Women's Day is a sheer non-sense. Like it or not, women have achieved enough over the past 100 years that they don't need to be patronized with arguments like that they need to be protected from heated rhetoric.