Liberals considering no-confidence vote

THe Liberals are thinking of a snap no-confidence vote over governments refusual to disclose advice and info. on costs of series ovf crime bills, the in and out Tories scheme,the Bev Oda misleading the House. Rumours of the cost of the prisons are from 2-8 billion and going to the provinces not the Feds. http://www.thehilltimes.ca/page/view/noconfidence-03-07-2011

THe Liberals are thinking of a snap no-confidence vote over governments refusual to disclose advice and info. on costs of series ovf crime bills, the in and out Tories scheme,the Bev Oda misleading the House. Rumours of the cost of the prisons are from 2-8 billion and going to the provinces not the Feds. http://www.thehilltimes.ca/page/view/noconfidence-03-07-2011

It always amazes me how politicians can point out all the faults of another party, but turn a blind eye, and deny any wrong doings by their party. I guess one must become totally indoctrinated to a party's agenda before you can run for office.

It always amazes me how politicians can point out all the faults of another party, but turn a blind eye, and deny any wrong doings by their party. I guess one must become totally indoctrinated to a party's agenda before you can run for office.

You can add party supporters (specifically CPC members)to that list as well... funny ain't it?

You can add party supporters (specifically CPC members)to that list as well... funny ain't it?

how soon supporters of the Liberals forget all the backroom deals, pork barreling and corruption that occured under the Liberal admin. A fountain in Shawinigan, anybody?

I guess the Tories will fit that bill when they are seating on the left side of the House.

I guess the Tories will fit that bill when they are seating on the left side of the House.

Maybe in another 3-4 years. It's hilarious that you think it might be soon. Is that what they're saying at rabble Topaz? LoL.

Edited by Moonbox

Apparently, all they're waiting for is the Speaker's verdict on Bev Oda. Until then, it's empty threats to the government. But how impressive would the Liberals be if they can actually carry out a no-confidence motion, and make a statement out of it?

not as Scary as Lepracaun Jim and his "magically malicious" budgets.

Canadian economy ends year with a bang

The Canadian economy grew by a robust 3.3% annualized in the final three months of 2010, Statistics Canada reported Monday, as exports did the heavy lifting in the quarter.

The data suggested the economy ended the year with a bang, as real GDP advanced 0.5% in December on a month-over-month basis.

Overall, this was a strong reading, above market expectations of a 3% annualized gain in the quarter. The Bank of Canada had forecast growth in the fourth quarter of 2.3%.

As a result, the Canadian data indicate the economy grew at a faster clip than the United States, based on the headline number. Last week, U.S. figures showed the American economy grew at a 2.8% annualized rate, slower than previously calculated and less than forecast as state and local governments made deeper cuts in spending.

Furthermore, Statistics Canada revised upward the country’s third-quarter economic performance, to growth of 1.8% annualized from the previous 1% reading. For all of 2011, the Canadian economy grew 3.1%, following a decline of 2.5% in 2009.

“All told, the last quarter of the year erased the disappointment of a sluggish summer, and points to a healthy start to the new year,” said Avery Shenfeld, chief economist at CIBC World Markets.

http://business.financialpost.com/2011/02/28/canadian-economy-ends-year-with-a-bang/

Let me guess. It's all because of Chretien and Paul Martin. :lol: