Tory numbers still up with negative media.

I find it amazing that PM Stephen Harpers numbers are as good as they are even with almost every major news outlet against him.

Day after day, night after night The Toronto Star, the CBC, CTV, the GLobe and Mail among others slam PM Harper yet the Tories numbers have never been higher. It would lead me to believe that these news agencies are out of touch with what the average Canadian thinks of the Harper Government.

I wonder how long it will take for these news agencies to get on side with the PM and stop slamming him with negative press daily. No matter what the PM and the rest of the Harper Government does the Star, CBC and CTV will slam them with negative press. Then the press corp wonder why he is a bit jaded with regards to them.

Really 38-42% support for the Harper Government with all the negative press is amazing. What's more amazing is that Ignatieff and his Liberals only have 25% support, lower than the last election, with virtually every news agency singing their praises.

It is really amazing. I wonder when the news people will stop being so out of touch with the average Canadian.

Edited by Mr.Canada

I find it amazing that PM Stephen Harpers numbers are as good as they are even with almost every major news outlet against him.

Day after day, night after night The Toronto Star, the CBC, CTV, the GLobe and Mail among others slam PM Harper yet the Tories numbers have never been higher. It would lead me to believe that these news agencies are out of touch with what the average Canadian thinks of the Harper Government.

I wonder how long it will take for these news agencies to get on side with the PM and stop slamming him with negative press daily. No matter what the PM and the rest of the Harper Government does the Star, CBC and CTV will slam them with negative press. Then the press corp wonder why he is a bit jaded with regards to them.

Really 38-42% support for the Harper Government with all the negative press is amazing. What's more amazing is that Ignatieff and his Liberals only have 25% support, lower than the last election, with virtually every news agency singing their praises.

It is really amazing. I wonder when the news people will stop being so out of touch with the average Canadian.

You've really got to stop posting these things while you're masturbating to pictures of the Prime Minister.

I hope you have mental health insurance when the election doesn't turn out the way you want. What are you going to do when Harper is replaced by some one else in the party? It doesn't matter what the polls say or the media because the voters are angrier this election than the last.

I hope you have mental health insurance when the election doesn't turn out the way you want. What are you going to do when Harper is replaced by some one else in the party? It doesn't matter what the polls say or the media because the voters are angrier this election than the last.

The Liberals won't win the next election and the NDP never have. Are they going to run as a coalition against the Tories? That would be interesting. Maybe they'll try to for a coalition government after the election if the Tories only get a minority.

I'd like to believe that news journalists report actual current events as opposed to public opinion. Clearly then, it is the people being polled who are the ones out of touch with the goings-on.

Then again, perhaps the Tories' numbers are still up because the opposition has nothing to offer. If the opposition parties can actually play the alternative part of the government, there is no way the numbers can still be up even with scandal after scandal from the "Harper Government".

Mr C. What do you mean by negative media?

Open the Toronto Star almost any day of the week and there will be something not flattering about the Harper Government. There is a consistent attack on the Harper Government from most in the media yet they are able to still remain on top by a huge margin.

Open the Toronto Star almost any day of the week and there will be something not flattering about the Harper Government. There is a consistent attack on the Harper Government from most in the media yet they are able to still remain on top by a huge margin.

Ok, but like what? Random attacks on outfits or dresses? I haven't seen anything that isn't accurate? That's not the medias fault, but rather Harper or his team.

I'd like to believe that news journalists report actual current events as opposed to public opinion. Clearly then, it is the people being polled who are the ones out of touch with the goings-on.

Then again, perhaps the Tories' numbers are still up because the opposition has nothing to offer. If the opposition parties can actually play the alternative part of the government, there is no way the numbers can still be up even with scandal after scandal from the "Harper Government".

The things that the media is reporting on is hardly a scandal. Every government faces difficulties. Government is a massive machine that employs thousands of people and thousands more volunteers. It's impossible to be in control of every single thing all of the time. Government doesn't only include PM Harper and his caucus, which by the way people post here seem to think, making all these decisions to control Canada.

Ok, but like what? Random attacks on outfits or dresses? I haven't seen anything that isn't accurate? That's not the medias fault, but rather Harper or his team.

Shakey, they're hyper critical and I think you know that. I don't remember them being as critical when the Liberals were in power. The NP was, sure. But the others? I don't think so. The Toronto Star falls over itself fawning over the Liberals.

The things that the media is reporting on is hardly a scandal. Every government faces difficulties. Government is a massive machine that employs thousands of people and thousands more volunteers. It's impossible to be in control of every single thing all of the time. Government doesn't only include PM Harper and his caucus, which by the way people post here seem to think, making all these decisions to control Canada.

Governments go through adversities, I'll give them that, but this particular government seems to me they're just being busted for 'under the table' business.

Thank you for admitting what a majority here have been saying all along... The Government of Canada does not belong to Harper. :P

The buck stops with PM Harper. It's Stephen Harper's administration just like it was Martin's, Chretiens or Trudeau's Government. That whole argument is just playing with semantics.

Of coarse the opposition takes the words literally which is just silly. Obviously Harper doesn't own the government which is what the opposition are trying to claim as the meaning which is again silly. Not to mention childish gamesmanship.

Edited by Mr.Canada

maybe it is the millions secretly paid to the phone company to route calls from the polling companies?

There is also the complete "supposed" ignorance of mass media politics in the majority of peoples lives. Or recognition of the the federal government for the average person when it comes to anyone but the top 5% of MP's if that.

"People work with whatever is there.. it ain't crampin their style they don't care. No one cares about Frank people.

Also a lot of Canadians are latent "--------" and can support corrupt policy. I don't get the bunny loving sense from 60% of Canadians, I get the sense that many are sociopathic.

A lot of people are good people of course but even good people have perhaps 1 of a slew of inbuilt biases.

The status quo from a decade ago hasn't shifted but they are seen as pandering, while manovering and chipping away slowly. Only big dents stay in most peoples minds not the little knicks and scratches.

Look at the poll questions that is the problem.

Or maybe the Christains Jews and Muslims are lying because of eye for eye and the fact the Conservative Party is lying to them, so they are lying right back.. maybe who knows?

It could be fear too, people are actively being targetted for economic and other crimes who act out against the party. Bad things are happening to people who speak against the party. The government doesn't even need a warrant to listen in on your phone discussions

And they would.. they totally have blured the lines between government and party objectives. Another reason why partisan control of government is bad.

Edited by William Ashley