Two Tory senators charged by elections Canada

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found an article that could include up to 10 Tories, 4 sitting and 6 former and if convicted they would be barred from running again and from sitting in the House of Commons. I'm sure the Tories will spend more taxpayers money to fight this so they won't have to pay back over 100,00.00. http://ca.news.yahoo.com/elections-canada-charges-four-senior-conservative-officials-20110224-201435-903.html

I'm sure they will, as EC obviously has an agenda, they can't wait for a decision on their appeal of a ruling in favour of the CPC.

Clearly there are a lot of Liberals working at Elections Canada as they are pursuing this even after the courts have ruled against them - some heads need to roll. ...

The thread title is accurate in that it reflects the title of the opening article.

thread allready started here

http://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums//index.php?showtopic=18087&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1

I'm sure they will, as EC obviously has an agenda, they can't wait for a decision on their appeal of a ruling in favour of the CPC.

Clearly there are a lot of Liberals working at Elections Canada as they are pursuing this even after the courts have ruled against them - some heads need to roll. ...

pssst, the government of the day oversees the operations of EC...

Nice try though... :D

pssst, the government of the day oversees the operations of EC...

Nice try though... :D

So everyone at EC has been replaced since harper has been PM, I don't think so. EC has been bytch slap by the goverment and they have been looking for a way to get back at them, this will be overturned.

So everyone at EC has been replaced since harper has been PM, I don't think so. EC has been bytch slap by the goverment and they have been looking for a way to get back at them, this will be overturned.

Keep trying... No cigar yet...

I can see the Conservatives riding public apathy... the Senators will be charged, but the party probably won't be affected.

Maybe, maybe not, who really cares at this point in TIME?

http://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums//index.php?showtopic=18088&view=findpost&p=631804

They broke election rules then said that it was bad accounting practice not illegal.

They call bad accounting practices illegal when it breaks election financing rules.

get a clue they already admited they screwed up. not recognizing a crime doesn't make it any less of a crime. They admited to doing it.

Their defence is based on telling the organization that oversees the process they are overseeing it wrong but not that they didn't do what the overseeing orgazation stated was illegal.

Bottom line no one in elections canada has been charged for corrupt practices... which means they must be doing it right.

You people are horrible liars.

Edited by William Ashley

This kid across the street when I was young...

Used to wait a few days after it rained in the summer to pick up the dried(and obviously dead) worms..

And eat them!!!!

MMmmmm...Yummers!!!!

:o:blink::lol:

Now a days they call that "Survivor"... Soon maybe they'll call people reduced to eating worms and grubs Americans... :D

I was surprised to hear a former NDP Director dismiss that Canada Elections charges, saying all parties do that kind of thing, and even gave examples! The new host of Power Play (CTV) didn't see that coming and quipped about the end of discussion since the two panelists (NDP and Tory) agree with one another. Then all three took pokes at Michael Ignatieff for his opportunistic interview! :lol:

Edited by betsy

Yeah, even at the CBC as that maggoty Evan Soloman, Power & Politics guy at CBC News Net, is feeding off it today.

I hate Evan Solomon these days! :angry:

Although last week or so he had Justin Trudeau as guest....and boy, there's no love lost between the two. I couldn't believe how Solomon criticized the Liberal ads in Quebec and described them as "attack ads." Trudeau tried to distance the Liberal ads from the Conservative ads....but Solomon was adamant, and really kept harping about them being nothing more than attack ads.

But now, I'm back to hating Evan Solomon these days! :angry:

I was surprised to hear a former NDP Director dismiss that Canada Elections charges, saying all parties do that kind of thing, and even gave examples! The new host of Power Play (CTV) didn't see that coming and quipped about the end of discussion since the two panelists (NDP and Tory) agree with one another. Then all three took pokes at Michael Ignatieff for his opportunistic interview! :lol:

Yep, nothing new there when it comes to the NDP and their MO...

Looking more and more like the NDP will find a way to keep Harper in power at least for another year don't it?

Funny thing is that'll mean Harper will REALLY screw Canadians over even more than he's done up till now... Did I say funny? I'll let YOU decide...

Edited by GWiz

Of course all the parties do it. But that's not excuse not to prosecute the Tories, it's a reason to come down really bloody hard on all the parties. Like I said, if I was in charge, by the time it was finished, political parties would be paying income tax on their donations and no one would get a tax credit for donating to a political party.