Union Busting in Wisconsin

You have a fertile imagination. I haven't threatened you. Any action I would take against you would be through a leagl process once I secure your name through this website. That might entail some judicial intervention.

Well, I don't know what judicial interbention is, but it sounds like fun. All you have to do is take responsibility for your words and deeds, answer a few RCMP questions, and be on your way. I don't know what prompted you to say such a thing about Gov. Walker, but it's time you took responsibility for your actions young man.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone else delved deeper into the public sector union racket that for some reason gets little attention?

Public sector unions donated $200 million dollars (those are tax dollars too) to Democrats during the 2010 mid-term election. So you have a system where unions support and spend their union dues campaigning for Democrat politicians. Who in turn, protect the unions, and keep their salaries, benefits and pensions nice and generous. It's an incenstuous relationship. And the whole thing is proped up by everyone else's taxes!

Have you delved into the money donated by wealthy corporate interests to Republicans like Walker? Do you think that's being done out of the goodness of their heart?

You do realize that what the corporations want is almost invariably inimical to what ordinary citizens want, right?

And if the government contracted out their work so that a private corporation employed them would you feel better about their salaries and benefits? It'd still be coming, ultimately, from the taxpayer, right?

In the scenario you describe likely successor right would apply.

Well, I don't know what judicial interbention is, but it sounds like fun. All you have to do is take responsibility for your words and deeds, answer a few RCMP questions, and be on your way. I don't know what prompted you to say such a thing about Gov. Walker, but it's time you took responsibility for your actions young man.

I don't answer to you much as you seem to feel. I would suggest you move on.

An action for damages brought by one against whom a civil suit or criminal proceeding has been unsuccessfully commenced without probable cause and for a purpose other than that of bringing the alleged offender to justice.

An action for malicious prosecution is the remedy for baseless and malicious litigation. It is not limited to criminal prosecutions, but may be brought in response to any baseless and malicious litigation or prosecution, whether criminal or civil. The criminal defendant or civil respondent in a baseless and malicious case may later file this claim in civil court against the parties who took an active role in initiating or encouraging the original case. The defendant in the initial case becomes the plaintiff in the malicious prosecution suit, and the plaintiff or prosecutor in the original case becomes the defendant. In most states the claim must be filed within a year after the end of the original case.

A claim of malicious prosecution is atort action. A tort action is filed in civil court to recover money damages for certain harm suffered. The plaintiff in a malicious prosecution suit seeks to win money from the respondent as recompense for the various costs associated with having to defend against the baseless and vexatious case.

Read more: http://www.answers.com/topic/malicious-prosecution#ixzz1EiaU37T7

No way..."ordinary citizens" are stockholders, own mutual funds, enroll in ESOPs, like dividends, etc., etc.

Not really. I know that's the cliche the Right in the US likes to use, but it's not terribly honest.

In reality 80% of all Americans own a grand total of 7% of all financial wealth. The rest is owned by the top 20%, ie, the wealthy. This is for stocks, bonds, mutual funds, trusts, financial securities, business equity and non-home real estate.

Even if you include 90% of all Americans, the figure only rises to 12%. All the reset is owned by the rich.

The top 1% of Americans own 62% of business equity and 61% of financial securities.

Not really. I know that's the cliche the Right in the US likes to use, but it's not terribly honest.

In reality 80% of all Americans own a grand total of 7% of all financial wealth. The rest is owned by the top 20%, ie, the wealthy. This is for stocks, bonds, mutual funds, trusts, financial securities, business equity and non-home real estate.

Even if you include 90% of all Americans, the figure only rises to 12%. All the reset is owned by the rich.

The top 1% of Americans own 62% of business equity and 61% of financial securities. American taxpayers still own part of GM.

You have made an arbitrary judgement about what an ordinary American is...and of course, you are wrong. Many many millions of Americans invest and participate in equity and bond markets through private and employer sponsored tax deferred plans. Others use Roth and other IRA instruments.

I own Canadian and American equities outright, and am hardly considered "wealthy".

Edited by bush_cheney2004

The left was begging for the bailouts. We're in a minority Parliament. I don't like it either but all those union votes were too much for Layton to ignore.

We would've been better served to let them fall, declare bankruptcy, restructure and come back leaner and more focused.

I also rememeber the anti-union right wingers demanding that the auto companies go under...

Not necessarily because they wanted to see them fail,but,because they saw it as an oppportunity to go after the UAW/CAW contracts during bankruptcy protection...

I've heared none other than free marketeer Supremo Kevin O'Leary say this...

By the way Mr.C,let's say you got your way and the CEO's of these companies did'nt go to Washington and Ottawa looking for tax payer money to bankroll their free market errors...

What do you think the resulting unemployment rate would have been and how do you think it would have affected the debt and deficit of both the US and Canada?

Edited by Jack Weber

Even that is more fair than your boss legislating a contract change after the fact.

Nope. There's no difference. In this case legislation is the public version of declaring bankruptcy. Just ask the UAW what happened to their contracts "after the fact.". Unfortunately, when realities change, so must the contracts that they're based on.

Nope. There's no difference. In this case legislation is the public version of declaring bankruptcy. Just ask the UAW what happened to their contracts "after the fact.". Unfortunately, when realities change, so must the contracts that they're based on.

I am stii waiting for that information on FDR.

There is a difference. They are two different processes.

What is the order of priority for creditors when a corporation goes bankrupt, versus a state ?

Have State Bond investors been told that they'll be defaulting on interest payments ?

Same as any other...secured creditors are first in line. State and municipal bonds are insured against default, but the underwriters are not very strong and would not be able to prevent default in all cases.

Then why didn't the "reality" change for police and firefighters?

It has in some jurisdictions. But I agree, it should apply to them as well. Although some argue that because they risk their lives on a daily basis, they should be treated differently. I don't necessarily agree with that though.

You have made an arbitrary judgement about what an ordinary American is...

What descriptive term would you prefer for a group which makes up 80-90% of the population of your country?

and of course, you are wrong. Many many millions of Americans invest and participate in equity and bond markets through private and employer sponsored tax deferred plans. Others use Roth and other IRA instruments.

I own Canadian and American equities outright, and am hardly considered "wealthy".

You own chump change. Recall the numbers, 90% of all Americans together only own 12%. All power and decision making is vested in the wealthy. 1% own 62% of all stocks, bonds, business equity and real estate. And that 1% exercises its power by, among other things, outright bribing politicians, and engaging in advertising and PR campaigns to encourage chumps like "Joe the plumber" that their best interests are somehow served in cutting taxes to the wealthy and cutting salary, pensions and benefits to the middle class. Most of those tea party morons who think they're part of some sort of populist movement on behalf of the little guy don't have a clue that the wealthy elites are actually in charge of their group and leading them around by the noses.

Edited by Scotty

Sure.

When government unions strike, they strike against taxpayers. F.D.R. considered this “unthinkable and intolerable.”

I completely agree with FDR.

The quote was out of context; here is the letter, read it for yourself.

Particularly, I want to emphasize my conviction that militant tactics have no place in the functions of any organization of Government employees. Upon employees in the Federal service rests the obligation to serve the whole people, whose interests and welfare require orderliness and continuity in the conduct of Government activities. This obligation is paramount. Since their own services have to do with the functioning of the Government, a strike of public employees manifests nothing less than an intent on their part to prevent or obstruct the operations of Government until their demands are satisfied. Such action, looking toward the paralysis of Government by those who have sworn to support it, is unthinkable and intolerable. It is, therefore, with a feeling of gratification that I have noted in the constitution of the National Federation of Federal Employees the provision that "under no circumstances shall this Federation engage in or support strikes against the United States Government.”
http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=15445

What descriptive term would you prefer for a group which makes up 80-90% of the population of your country?

I would call them...Americans, and leave your opinion at the border.

You own chump change. Recall the numbers, 90% of all Americans together only own 12%. All power and decision making is vested in the wealthy.

That's the point....many Americans own "chump change", but still have an interest in the equity and bond markets. That is why there was such angst when markets crashed.

And that 1% exercises its power by, among other things, outright bribing politicians, and engaging in advertising and PR campaigns to encourage chumps like "Joe the plumber" that their best interests are somehow served in cutting taxes to the wealthy and cutting salary, pensions and benefits to the middle class.

Taxes matter to individuals and small business owners. Yes, even the great unwashed masses care about what happens to marginal rates, interest rates, tax credits/deductions, and property taxes, just like the rich folks. Sticking it to the man is only a slogan...I never got a job from a poor person.

Most of those tea party morons who think they're part of some sort of populist movement on behalf of the little guy don't have a clue that the wealthy elites are actually in charge of their group and leading them around by the noses.

The "wealthy elites" founded the country too, so is that a bad thing?