Union Busting in Wisconsin

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why some people are against the Tea Party.

They want lower taxes and for government to show more respect for their hard earned tax dollars.

How is this a bad thing?

If the debt is to be reduced tax increases will be necessary as a matter of necessity. If you have been following the events from the Ronald Raygun era onward you will realize that the trickle down theory pushed by morons like Reagen and that old whore Thatcher haven't worked at least for ordinary folks.

Edited by pinko

If the debt is to be reduced tax increases will be necessary as a matter of necessity. If you have been following the events from the Ronald Raygun era onward you will realize that the trickle down theory pushed by morons like Reagen and that old whore Thatcher haven't worked at least for ordinary folks.

Don't leave Moroney here in Canada out of that equation, eh... Would it be pushing the envelope to say it's ONLY worked for the richest 2-3% (that were rich to begin with for the most part) and not just "ordinary folks" (whatever that means)... Although people like Bill Gates et al that came out of the "computer age" I'd have to also classify as "ordinary folk"...

It's complicated... :blink:

Free market cons blowing surplus money (because they are the ones who should control the "public purse")

IMPOSSIBLE!!!!

There was no surplus. It's part of the freedloading, public sector propaganda. PolitiFact has already categorized this assertion as completely false.

Stop repeating lies.

What do these rubes supporting the governors actions do for a living?

All kinds of things. But they don't take tax money to fund their salaries. They earn it on their own.

I don't see why some people are against the Tea Party.

It's just a diversionary tactic to take attention away from the public sector unions and their unsustainable pension system and benefits. The private sector did away with defined benefit pension plans long ago. Because they're essentially a pyramid scheme. But public unions want to keep them, so they can get everyone else to fill in the void of funding. It's criminal.

It's not complicated.....you makes your choices...and you takes your chances.

Choosing "Union Yes!" has just crapped out.

Naaaa, but you're right, it is pretty simple, there's the haves and then there's the haves, the rest just aren't... :D

Ooops, I mean - 1.

(Interesting stat I heard last night - richest 400 people in the U.S. = 110 MILLION poorest Americans, sustainable? Maybe not...)

Even those "poorest Americans" live better than many others in the world. I don't see many leaving for China.

I dunno about that, that may be a change that's closer than you think, as I've mentioned to you before I believe...

At 110 Million (1/3 of Americans) that's going up into the "so called" middle class isn't it?

I dunno about that, that may be a change that's closer than you think, as I've mentioned to you before I believe...

At 110 Million (1/3 of Americans) that's going up into the "so called" middle class isn't it?

The research has already been done...even the American lower middle class lives like kings compared to many other nations, including many in Europe and Asia.

If they raised taxes for three years or so and put all that revenue into paying down the debt only. After which time they returned the tax rate to it's previous state more people would be fine with it I'm guessing.

See the problem is that when a government raises taxes it also raises spending. If it didn't raise spending then yes it would work well but that isn't what happens.

Edited by Mr.Canada

...See the problem is that when a government raises taxes it also raises spending. If it didn't raise spending then yes it would work well but that isn't what happens.

Agreed...spending and recurring entitlement costs are the real issue, not revenue. So called "rich people" already pay most of the taxes, but there are only so many rich folks to go around.

The research has already been done...even the American lower middle class lives like kings compared to many other nations, including many in Europe and Asia.

BC, do you know how sad and desperate downward comparisons like that look and sound?

If you have to resort to a "better than" (especially to 3rd world undeveloped and underdeveloped countries) arqument my friend things are even worse than I thought in America today, and that "you guys" know it...

So called "rich people" already pay most of the taxes, but there are only so many rich folks to go around.

That's PURE BS BC, and you know it...

Not even if they paid 100% of their annual earnings would that be true...

BC, do you know how sad and desperate downward comparisons like that look and sound?

But they are not desperate...American (and Canadian) garbage dumps are veritable gold mines to others around the world.

If you have to resort to a "better than" (especially to 3rd world undeveloped and underdeveloped countries) arqument my friend things are even worse than I thought in America today, and that "you guys" know it...

Many parts of Asia and Europe are developed. Maybe you should get out more!

One of the first things that Ronald Reagan did after being elected President was busting the air traffic controllers' union. After bringing home the 52 hostages held for 444 days, due to Jimmy Carter's incredibly incompetency.

Congratulations, Governor Scott Walker! You are a real American hero!

It's about time someone stood up to the unions.

We the taxpayers can not afford to fund union pensions and health care benefits. They don't fund ours. We have to pay for our own retirements and health care.

It's about time someone stood up to the unions.

We the taxpayers can not afford to fund union pensions and health care benefits. They don't fund ours. We have to pay for our own retirements and health care.

Enjoy the freedom to line the pockets of the money taking insurance cabal...

Sucker!!!!

Looks like this is spilling over into Ohio and Indiana now ....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/17/dnc-expands-mobilization-protests-ohio-indiana_n_824743.html

Thousands descended upon the Ohio statehouse Thursday to protest a bill that would eliminate collective-bargaining rights for state employees and curtail the rights of local-level government employees. The debate is similar to that in Wisconsin: Supporters say it's necessary to deal with budget problems, while opponents say it's nothing but a vicious assault on unions.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-02-16/union-protests-at-ind-statehouse-on-gop-proposals.html

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Several hundred steelworkers hit the halls of the Statehouse on Tuesday to protest what they called an "anti-worker agenda" of the Republican majorities in the Indiana House and Senate.

The future of the bill drawing the strongest ire of the union members remained uncertain as a Republican committee chairman said a decision had not been made on whether so-called right-to-work legislation would be considered this session. Organizers said more than 600 United Steelworkers members from around the state attended Tuesday's event.

Labor unions have opposed a bill moving through the Legislature to fix Indiana's debt-ridden unemployment insurance fund that would reduce jobless benefits for many recipients and soften tax increases on businesses.

And there ya' have it,folks...

Hagelian Dialectic to bring about RTW...

Free Marketeering scum at its finest!!!

Edited by Jack Weber

Exactly.

And the worst part of all of this, is that these public unions use tax dollars to run ads and support political candidates. Who in turn, when elected, make sure the unions get even more in salaries, pension and benefits. It's a fancy racket they've got going. Tony Soprano would be very impressed.

Since you brought it up, you know that Tony was more impressed with union-busting (in one episode) and union-intimidation (in another). I'd think you'd admire this.

If they raised taxes for three years or so and put all that revenue into paying down the debt only. After which time they returned the tax rate to it's previous state more people would be fine with it I'm guessing.

See the problem is that when a government raises taxes it also raises spending. If it didn't raise spending then yes it would work well but that isn't what happens.

The fact of the matter is the uber rich have been given a free ride over the decades and this in turn has caused a considerable shortfall in government revenues. The deep pockets of the Koch brothers are evident in this dispute in Wisconsin and you can be sure their wealth will be used in a manner in keeping with their place in the world of the rich. The teabaggers are financed by folks like Dick Armey(http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/20090415_obamas_cup_of_tea/).

The Americans need to get out of the wars they have financed on the backs of the middle class and the poor and regulate and redistribute income in a much more equitable manner.

Edited by pinko