Dogfight in the Canada's

http://www.torontosun.com/news/canada/2011/02/16/17303471.html

I don't get why they would take the risk of flying fighter jets in acrobatic manovers over urban areas like this.. can't they engage further to the north.

Wouldn't this also be ideal in a real war.. one might also ask though why --- airplanes that are both nato airplanes would be fighting each other?

Can't we ask the russians to play instead further up north.

This is a funny line though worth sharing:

"NORAD training is part of Operation Noble Eagle, a response to the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11."

How long does your flight from Kingston to Montreal take?

I geuss it makes sense but... who is going to fly into business towers in montreal?

Could someone actually conteplate flying into a buidling like?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1000_de_La_Gaucheti%C3%A8re

(note the CF also did a training excerise on this building

Edited by William Ashley

Ok do you know the difference between an interception and a dogfight?

1. Do you know what a c-21 is....it is a personnel carrying jet, it is unarmed and cannot dog fight.

2. This is an interception of unknown aircraft exercise, this will not mean dangerous maneuveres.

William why are you so disingenuous in your posts?

Grab a clue man!

Ok do you know the difference between an interception and a dogfight?

1. Do you know what a c-21 is....it is a personnel carrying jet, it is unarmed and cannot dog fight.

2. This is an interception of unknown aircraft exercise, this will not mean dangerous maneuveres.

William why are you so disingenuous in your posts?

Grab a clue man!

1. It is only unarmed until terrorists get ahold of it.

2. There are weapon systems that can be mounted on a c21.

So before you patronize me, 1. that is how the press described it. 2. meanie.

Oh so flying the c18 ain't a dangerous manouver. We have seen aircraft explode over urban areas before, who says it wouldn't happen this time.

Also why is an interception happening over an urban area, shouldn't you intercept it before it gets to an urban area.. and direct it away from urban areas.. not toward them. Who wants a plane full of terrorists, and/or explosives landing at a urban canadian airport.. redirect it to a military base not an urban centre doufous.

Did you ever think someone could try to use it as a weapon.. either in air or from air to land.. planes are human controlled missiles. You narrowmindness evades me.

Edited by William Ashley

a C-21

c_21a.jpg

Its the Military variant of the Learjet! Sorry no weapon systems are mounted on it.

Like I said spin....and tell me genius were are airports found.....usually by urban areas.

well maybe some airports in the middle of no where should be built. I'm sure people living in the middle of no where won't complain... much.

How big an airport do you need to land a leerjet. I bet they could put it down on some small highway in the middle of nowhere. KEEP THEM OUT OF THE CITIES THOSE THINGS ARE DANGEROUS!

&^^^ thats how it is suppose to be done.

you can also check this out

I think this is done already though..

http://www.torontosun.com/news/canada/2011/02/16/17303471.html

Edited by William Ashley

I think it's a blast when they stage exercises around here. Great for plane spotting.

No worse than any airshow re: safety. As well there'd be SOP about directing energy towards actual urban areas (no buzzing skyscrapers for example...no diving willy-nilly towards beach goers, etc.)

Edited by DogOnPorch

I think it's a blast when they stage exercises around here. Great for plane spotting.

No worse than any airshow re: safety. As well there'd be SOP about directing energy towards actual urban areas (no buzzing skyscrapers for example...no diving willy-nilly towards beach goers, etc.)

Isn't there typically a 10,000 ft floor on these operations?

that was the official ceiling, did you even read the article?

It appears a mass exercise and may not be as it appears

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/health/Military+exercise+over+Eastern+Ontario+Thursday+morning/4294454/story.html

look under the related news.

wonder when this stuff will be deployed..

?

http://communities.canada.com/ottawacitizen/blogs/defencewatch/archive/2011/01/25/thales-canada-details-the-tactical-control-radar-contract.aspx

Edited by William Ashley

Depends on the types of training operations...but certainly with jet intercept training, yes...as most of that goes on well above 10,000'. Speed limits naturally apply near urban areas as nobody is fond of broken windows.

that was the official ceiling, did you even read the article?

It appears a mass exercise and may not be as it appears

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/health/Military+exercise+over+Eastern+Ontario+Thursday+morning/4294454/story.html

look under the related news.

What does it appear to be?

1. It is only unarmed until terrorists get ahold of it.

2. There are weapon systems that can be mounted on a c21.

So before you patronize me, 1. that is how the press described it. 2. meanie.

Oh so flying the c18 ain't a dangerous manouver. We have seen aircraft explode over urban areas before, who says it wouldn't happen this time.

Also why is an interception happening over an urban area, shouldn't you intercept it before it gets to an urban area.. and direct it away from urban areas.. not toward them. Who wants a plane full of terrorists, and/or explosives landing at a urban canadian airport.. redirect it to a military base not an urban centre doufous.

Did you ever think someone could try to use it as a weapon.. either in air or from air to land.. planes are human controlled missiles. You narrowmindness evades me.

When have we seen aircraft explode over urban areas? The C-18 is the military version of the Boeing 707 320C which was operated by scores of the worlds major airlines. B707's were also operated by Wardair Canada and Pacific Western Airlines. Over the years they have made many thousands of departures and arrivals from YYZ, YUL and YMX. It is not capable of aerobatics although Tex Johnson did roll the prototype.

If you see aircraft as a threat why are you so concerned about practicing military exercises designed to deal with that threat. From the looks of the area being covered in this exercise it looks like it is intended to test the response of both airforces to a threat to major cities both in central Canada and the US eastern seaboard.

Really William, where do you come up with some of this shit?

Edited by Wilber

I would never happen if the Hoplophobes didn't disarm our airline pilots.

Why are they armed?

A gun really isn't required there are lethal and non lethal deterents such as giant sponge blobs that could be more effective.

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2009/02/foam-based-vehi/

http://defensetech.org/2006/03/07/sticky-foam-gets-serious/

Edited by William Ashley