How Liberals Argue

7 minutes ?!? Come on...

As for the male robot trying to have a dialogue. We had one of those so-called discussion threads recently and it went nowhere. justme came on to promote general racial segregation and some posters fumbled around with economics.

I never heard of "no go" zones in France. They are reported as fact by the fact-talking male robot but I can't find anything specific other than a French wiki page that makes no reference to religions.

If I don't get confirmation from any robot-loving conservatives here, I will just assume that this is how conservatives argue.

7 minutes ?!? Come on...

As for the male robot trying to have a dialogue. We had one of those so-called discussion threads recently and it went nowhere. justme came on to promote general racial segregation and some posters fumbled around with economics.

I never heard of "no go" zones in France. They are reported as fact by the fact-talking male robot but I can't find anything specific other than a French wiki page that makes no reference to religions.

If I don't get confirmation from any robot-loving conservatives here, I will just assume that this is how conservatives argue.

Surely the test of truth is a little more rigourous than what you have heard of. France doesn't have a free press, perhaps that's why you don't hear these things, except when Le Pen is contending for the Presidency of that country, and the English-speaking columnists are calling him a fascist and a racist. (The secret is that he's willing to bring the problem with moslems into French politics. The French are certainly not fascists.)

Or perhaps you confine your reading to things that confirm your prejudices. Sadly, narrowness and contempt for others with differing views doesn't really substitute for a good discussion. Perhaps this will help you overcome your shortcomings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79EvKDK1dps

Surely the test of truth is a little more rigourous than what you have heard of.

No, the test was what I can or can't find on the topic.

Or perhaps you confine your reading to things that confirm your prejudices. Sadly, narrowness and contempt for others with differing views doesn't really substitute for a good discussion. Perhaps this will help you overcome your shortcomings.

As I've already said in this thread and elsewhere, I'm willing to discuss these things anytime. The so-called discussion is tepid and usually rife with errors, or sparse information from those who are against immigration, I find. Go find that thread on your own - it's here too.

As for this thread, I asked for information for discussion above and you haven't provided it.

This is typical of the sobbing I hear from posters like you - that no one is willing to discuss these things. Well, I'm here - where are you ?

France doesn't have a free press, perhaps that's why you don't hear these things,

French Dailies

La Croix (Catholic, daily)

Le Figaro (centre-right, daily)

L'Humanité (formerly the newspaper of the French Communist Party, daily)

Libération (left-wing, daily)

Le Monde (centre-left, centre, daily)

Le Parisien (daily)

La Tribune (economics, daily)

Les Échos (economics, daily)

France Soir

20 Minutes (daily, free)

Direct Matin (daily, free)

Direct Soir (daily, free)

Metro (daily, free)

L'Équipe (sports, daily)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_French_newspapers

I watched a good part of it and found it pretty much apropros :)-

You know how it goes - definition of a racist: someone on the winning end of an argument with a liberal. :D

There are no go zones in France, they are called Zones Urbaines Sensibles or Dar al-Islam, they have them in London England and elsewhere in Europe.

Edited by scribblet

You know how it goes - definition of a racist: someone on the winning end of an argument with a liberal. :D

Except that two (now) conservatives have said that on this thread, and still not accepted the challenge to discuss issues.

If you have proof of French Muslim zones as your witty robot attests, then submit it.

Otherwise, please shut up about liberals not wanting to discuss.

I watched a good part of it and found it pretty much apropros :)-

There are no go zones in France, they are called Zones Urbaines Sensibles or Dar al-Islam, they have them in London England and elsewhere in Europe.

While Zones Urbaines Sensibles exist...they are areas with high unemployment that have been targeted for special stimulus spending. Completely the opposite of No Go....in fact the governemnet is going and going and going....to them.

There are quite a few pieces on them, D. Pipes thinks it's just a euphemistic term :)-

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article2983714.ece

http://www.geographictravels.com/2006/11/no-go-areas-of-france-and-rest-of.html

Edited by scribblet

A London Times article on rioting, and an unknown blog.

Is this the discussion you're looking for ? What am I supposed to do with that ?

The first article from the times about the riots soesn't mention them...and the second is not to be considered authorative.

The first article from the times about the riots soesn't mention them...and the second is not to be considered authorative.

It talks about France stunned by rioter's savagery, I did mean to post the link shady provided as well http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/429

http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/2584

Europe’s no-go zones or SUAs (“sensitive urban areas”) are multiplying. These are areas where the police no longer dares to venture

the other link may not be an 'authority' but it, along with many others from Europe tells about the no go areas etc. N.A. doesn't have the same demographics or problems as Europe.

You might want to read about what is happening in Europe - however this is off topic, but then, pretty well most topics on here end up going way off on tangents.

Edited by scribblet