Colonel Russell Williams

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Texas ever have drive-by shootings? If so, I guess the argument that capital punishment would prevent these murders is patently false.

OK here is my take on capital punishment in question here.

There are three general types of people.

1. People who don't like jail.

2. People who don't like being killed.

3. Some other - potentially a combination or nither of the above.

Where jail is not a deterrent especially to people who live there - some "intentional" murders might be stopped by the risk of death.

For instance since some people are "life long prisoners" they grow accustomed to jail - and it may not be a huge determent but a chance for stability and meeting old friends. Death however may be an issue to them and so it may present a limit on their disposition.

The other aspect is that some people may seek death - who would. Or knowing that in killing the person it could be a way out of prison.

Personally I support self registration for the death penalty that is a death penalty only allowable on consent - a type of assisted suicide. With a 2 to 3 month "are you sure you want to" period, if someone is not yet registered - and opts to register after - they could change their sentence to death.

It is actually illegal to commit suicide in Canada - (not sure how that one works) but the intent could also come into play - none the less regardless of what many religions think - I believe in the unalienable right to self determination, as if anyone is free and sovereign we all ought to be - and we ought not to have to bind our will to a power outside ourselves - we have the right to our liberty, government ought only be a council for "awareness" and facilitation of enfranchisement in the process of government. People should be able to die if they'd like. The right to die should be within the right to life. To live ones life as they see fit, even an absence there of. To live with as much liberty as they choose that is to restrain themselves or live lubatiously. They are our freedoms. This does not mean we cannot live together - and use reasonable judgment in determining a best course - if the right way is chosen we should have peace and hegemony unless torturous demon worshipers.

Edited by William Ashley

I have no problem with convicts being allowed to bargain in sentencing.

Castration for freedom in cases where no one was killed, like rape etc.. And long community service. We need clean parks and roads and freeing overcrowded prisons.

Shoplifting; either 20 lashes in front of the store or work two month in stone quarry for free.

Drug dealing; chain and 20 lbs iron ball attached to one leg for 6 month. Attempt to remove it, two chains and balls for a year.

Very seldonm prison term. So victims don't have to slave and pay with their taxes for the offenders.

I dont support the death penalty.

I also dont have any plans on killing someone either

May not be your plans. It may be a plan of someone who intend to rob and kill you.

But it's a free country. You can be willing victim if it pleases you.

I have no problem with convicts being allowed to bargain in sentencing.

Castration for freedom in cases where no one was killed, like rape etc.. And long community service. We need clean parks and roads and freeing overcrowded prisons.

Shoplifting; either 20 lashes in front of the store or work two month in stone quarry for free.

Drug dealing; chain and 20 lbs iron ball attached to one leg for 6 month. Attempt to remove it, two chains and balls for a year.

Very seldonm prison term. So victims don't have to slave and pay with their taxes for the offenders.

Yeah I support the same things except without mutilation, lashes, or chains. and I have a drug strategy for the legalization of most drugs.

Basically I'd have more peace officers in the public to deal with social unrest, as well as to serve to provide more information - it would also promote activism - and take down somewhat issues like conflicts of interest with forces and "maintstream government". While regulating and insuring knowledge in exercise of duties - beyond what a citizen trying to do something or feeling powerless may achieve. Legitimizing.

Then there is allowing victim-offender mediation in pretrial outside the crown procescutors office - resolved by the origin - such as by a police officer - these only for "non serious crimes" where no real lasting effect is occurring after the event breaks. Currently there is far too much of a game being played by the system on people trying to get blood even if the person doesn't commit an act, or doesn't commit a serious one, or honestly there is no intent of wrong doing - prosecutors arn't above lying or coaching witnesses and this is problematic.

First the CCC needs to be reformed to address only real public safety issues - not events of instance - as well as economic security - via restuitive measures.

There needs to be more screening of cases to resolve issues not cause conflict - you have prosecutors once again - being political or exercising bias on what happens to someone rather than what happened and what is happening. They are out to get people rather than correct the issue - that needs to be addressed.

Finally we need more public insight and invovlement - so the courts should stop being such professionals as to alienate the publics access to the courts through redress, and petitition - including as friends of a court in a given case on request to present an opinion or offer advice, as well as the right to self representation in any court process - currently the rights have been striped such as in civil law for suits against corporations (and this aids coverups largely since the system covers up and ignores attacks against itself especially in matters of law)- the people need their rights to access to justice. The bar should not be used to deprive access to justice only enhance it.

Likewise we need workcamps to repay the social costs as well as to enable inmates to build a future to be less dependent on tax dollars and contribute to society - the alienation of prisoners only serves to segregate them further and cause an even greater divide of values perpetuating a cycle of poverty, disenfranchisement, and conflict.

People deserve a second chance and it shouldn't be a burdeon.

Give the ones who want to contribute a chance to live a life.

Individuals who repeatedly commit rape, murder, torture and acts of maiming are problematic to society of course and that is why I support a three strikes system for serious crimes. The first time for serious crime a minimum 5 year sentance with the option to reduce the sentence to 2.5 years on good behaviour in a work camp - commiting a like crime in a camp would move them up the rung to a second level camp 5 years minimum (or 10 year jail sentence) the third time it would be 20 years or 10 years of good behaviour in a work camp.

They would earn money while in the camp - a portion of proceeds of the camp - if any. and they would have access to buy goods while in camp, that prisoners would not. AN escape attempt would move them up a level. Any act not in self defence of the above 4 crime classes would see them move up.

Meanwhile there would be a lower work camp level for restitution by the unemployed.

Or people who could not meet obligations of outside restitution orders - defaults on restitution orders.

I'd also have criminals sent to camps based on the type of crime on level 2 example murderors only with murderors, rapists with rapists etc..

There would be the potential for mitigating factors on sentencing of serious offences from level 1 or level 2 depending on the nature of the crime.

http://williamashley.info/SOCIAL/SP/anticrimestrategy.htm

http://williamashley.info/SOCIAL/SP/drugstrategy.htm

Edited by William Ashley

Yeah I support the same things except without mutilation, lashes, or chains.

Then it's not the same thing. It's criminal paradise.

Basically I'd have more peace officers

We have too many already. They are getting bored watching courts releasing their catch through the back door on the streets again.

So police now persecute firearm owners. Specifically those who try to abide by the law. Because that is easy.

to deal with social unrest

Police states like Cuba or China do that.

I totally agree. I would also add that the dignity of the two slain women must be considered. They can no longer speak for themselves except for the evidence presented in court. I read that one the slain women (sorry to say I can't remember which of the two) asked her killer to not put any of the photos he took of her on the internet. Wow! I would think this victim would not want a photo of Williams posing in her underwear splashed on the front pages of newspapers. I understand that the public needs to know and see what a monster this person is. But when the victims speak, their voices should be heard not just by the public but by the media at large.

I guess after satisfying the titilating urge to read all about it, one would feel kind of dirty and lash out at the media for printing it. But why read it in the first place?

I'm against capital punishment, not because I care what happens to these scumbags but because of what it says about a society that advocates it. No one who advocates it can be credible unless they would personally be prepared to carry out the sentence themselves and before you say you would, be honest with yourself. Would you really?

On the other hand, once creeps like Williams and Clifford Olsen are sentenced, that is the last we should ever hear of them. The idea that they should be eligible for parole every two years after they have served twenty five is absolute bullshit.

I'm against capital punishment, not because I care what happens to these scumbags but because of what it says about a society that advocates it. No one who advocates it can be credible unless they would personally be prepared to carry out the sentence themselves and before you say you would, be honest with yourself. Would you really?

On the other hand, once creeps like Williams and Clifford Olsen are sentenced, that is the last we should ever hear of them. The idea that they should be eligible for parole every two years after they have served twenty five is absolute bullshit.

We have capital punishment ,it is called the army ,what do you think they do, kill for fun.

I'm against capital punishment, not because I care what happens to these scumbags but because of what it says about a society that advocates it.

It says criminals are no engangered species and no one will miss them.

Lot of innocent are killed - with no right to a lawyer - even before they are born to do any harm.

It says criminals are no engangered species and no one will miss them.

Lot of innocent are killed - with no right to a lawyer - even before they are born to do any harm.

SSOS I see.

If they arent born, they arent people.

Unless you want thirty years for jerking off in your mothers basement. Why you killed thousands !

SSOS I see.

If they arent born, they arent people.

Unless you want thirty years for jerking off in your mothers basement. Why you killed thousands !

You seem to be very interested in the act of sexual interference...mind your own buisness...Jerking off in your mothers basement --- I guess you are from a broken home where there was no father of father's basement - that explains the lack of good and strong male attitude.