Conservative War On Science

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol::lol::lol: ...yea and married to Megan Fox no doubt.

Either that or you're incredibly stupid.

Yes, I'll go with the later, definitely the latter.Education , get some.

I realized now you must be one of the climate scientists.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Tightened+muzzle+scientists+Orwellian/3515345/story.html

Frankly, I'd like to know the science that my tax dollars are paying for without the filter of ministers, particularly seeing the viewpoints on science that some current ministers seem to have.

This is a problem and has been a problem for some time. The Conservatives have a reputation of ignoring scientific study in place of their own agenda and unfounded viewpoint. An example of this is demonstrated in the following video:

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Tightened+muzzle+scientists+Orwellian/3515345/story.html

Frankly, I'd like to know the science that my tax dollars are paying for without the filter of ministers, particularly seeing the viewpoints on science that some current ministers seem to have.

The Conservatives also ambiguously presented their environmental plan with clear intent of deceiving Canadians with regard to their resolve and action toward Canada's contribution to global pollution:

The Conservatives also ambiguously presented their environmental plan with clear intent of deceiving Canadians with regard to their resolve and action toward Canada's contribution to global pollution

How did the pollution started, and where, after Paul Martin left the office?

If one has half a brain and owns more than one house and rents the others statistically speaking he is still an umitigated idiot .

Saipan must screen his tenants well.

It seems yourself and bloodyminded here, are only interested in minimizing risk in your life and being safe. Never risking anything or taking a chance, just being secure in your little boxes or "basement apartment".

Saipan's risk is his risk.

I'm sure that many people look idiotic to you; as a matter of fact I think bloodyminded has said as much himself - people in Canada are almost too stupid to live around.

This is a problem and has been a problem for some time. The Conservatives have a reputation of ignoring scientific study in place of their own agenda and unfounded viewpoint. An example of this is demonstrated in the following video:

A successful program should be supported. What's the controversy with InSite?

Why does success have to hidden in statistical obfuscation? I do not see a lesser demand for drug programs, homelessness, or drug counselling or a drop in HIV/AIDS.

Success means that solutions have been provided and less resources and attention need to be allocated to the problem. There is no evidence of that. There is only a cry for increased and continued funding as with the myriad of programs that exist to "solve" social problems. They are all successful it seems - as we slip into an ever-expanding sinkhole.

There will be another program after InSite that will be even better. After a few more years support will wane because the problem on the streets is not disappearing and the latest best thing will be born.

When politicians like Libby Davies and Dr.Hedy Fry support a program You have to suspect self-aggrandizing vote buying. They wouldn't support anything effective that reduced the need to lobby for funds for their ridings. What would they do if the homeless went home and the drug addict actually kicked his habit? That would not be considered by them to be successful.

Saipan must screen his tenants well.

It seems yourself and bloodyminded here, are only interested in minimizing risk in your life and being safe. Never risking anything or taking a chance, just being secure in your little boxes or "basement apartment".

Perhaps you read a little too much into my jokey post. In fact, there's no question about it.

I'm sure that many people look idiotic to you; as a matter of fact I think bloodyminded has said as much himself - people in Canada are almost too stupid to live around.

Nope. I never said it. Wasn't me.

This is not, by far, the first time you have misrepresented my position.

Once is understandable, as we all make mistakes. But you insist on doing it over and over.

I'm afraid you are either illiterate or dishonest. You can choose which one applies, and I'll generously believe either.

Edited by bloodyminded