Burn a Qu'ran Day.

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It just proves you people don't really know what you're talking about. The reason there was so much pressue to stop the koran burning on 9/11 is not because they wanted to capitulate to muslims, but that it would insense the general public and make them believe that all muslims are somehow responsible for the terrorist attacks.

Any other argument for why it should be burnt, specifically on that day or why they shouldn't be permitted to build their mosque in New York is just silly word games, and expletive deleted

It just proves you people don't really know what you're talking about. The reason there was so much pressue to stop the koran burning on 9/11 is not because they wanted to capitulate to muslims, but that it would insense the general public and make them believe that all muslims are somehow responsible for the terrorist attacks.

Any other argument for why it should be burnt, specifically on that day or why they shouldn't be permitted to build their mosque in New York is just silly word games, and expletive deleted

Sorry Sir B. but that just doesn't jive with today's reality. They wanted to stop the Qu'ran burning because they were afraid that fundamentalist Islamists would immediately start rioting and harming people.

After all, that's EXACTLY what happened in Denmark! They even killed a few nuns!

It's all part of the protest against people accusing Islam of being violent.

Ummm. My comment was in response to your comment about the GOP wanting government involvement. You think the FBI was there at the Republicans' request? <_<

NO I didn't say get involved I said make it bigger. The FBI going to talk to someone is a little different then turning half of lower Manhattan into a National park so that all building approvals have to go through the United state congress and Senate. I see you really don't understand what the GOP wants to do there that is ok I get it "Islam bad".

Sure it is, because we all know there's an international conspiracy of western governments who are totally afraid of muslims! Case in point, invasion of Iraq (x2), invasion of Afghanistan, drone strikes in Pakistan. Various parts of Africa. Internment without charges in Guantanamo. Abu Graib... they pissed on the koran there.

But in actual fact, they are afraid of a muslim uprising thanks to the action of some disabused preacher in Jerkwater USA! :wacko:

WTF?

"September 11 is a day when the world should come together to redouble our efforts to prevent and fight terrorism, not a day when any individual,
especially an American
, should engage in provocative acts

Reality shows itself! Kiss your freedoms goodbye, infidel! You are no longer free to be a moron.

From now on, your name is Ali

Why can't everyone be able to burn anything (except leaves in fall which is against city ordinaces but smells like childhood...) without the fear of being murdered for it?

I don't know, but that's just the way it is. If you live in the U.S. (bylaws aside), you have a legal right to burn a Koran. At the same time you are protected by the law from any idiot kook who tries to "murder you", as they will be punished accordingly. Just don't be surprised if you get a knife in the back.

You also have the right to call somebody's wife a fat slut, but don't be surprised if her husband punches you in the face.

Rare words of wisdom coming from Sarah Palin. I don't usually agree with the stuff that flies out of her mouth, but she hits the nail on the head today in a Facebook posting:

"People have a constitutional right to burn a Qur'an if they want to, but doing so is insensitive and an unnecessary provocation – much like building a mosque at Ground Zero"

- Sarah Palin

Exactly. Rights are rights, but there's no need for all of these unnecessary provocations. They are in bad taste, to say the least.

Guest American Woman

Lots of things are in "bad taste"....it's time for Islam to begin experiencing some, just like everybody else.

Right. Either that, or it's time for Muslims to recognize it when they are the ones guilty of "bad taste" and back down the way this minister apparently is. That's been the point being made; that it's a two-way street. For far too many, it's a one-sided issue. Yet Imam Rauf remains adamant about building on the property he himself tied into the destruction of 9-11. And of course, for the most part, anyone who expects Muslims to be the ones understanding non-Muslims feeling is a bigot. Thousands of lives were lost that day, and yet there's no respect for the emotions surrounding that as once again Muslims' feelings are taken into account -- this time over a book.

Cleric Rusli Hasbi told 1,000 worshippers attending Friday morning prayers in Indonesia, the world's most populous Muslim country, that whether or not he burns the Quran, Jones had already "hurt the heart of the Muslim world."

"If he'd gone through with it, it would have been tantamount to war," the cleric said in the coastal town of Lhokseumawe. "A war that would have rallied Muslims all over the world." link It's all about appeasing them. It all falls on us to respect their emotions, but heaven forbid we ever ask that they respect ours.

But I'm glad to see another confirmation that Islam is a religion of peace. Nothing like a peaceful declaration that burning a book is tantamount to war to get that message across.

And yeah, let's keep cratering to that mindset, as they do whatever they want.....

Guest American Woman

I agree wth AW. If we don't burn the Koran, the terrorists win!

Yeah, that's what I said. :rolleyes:

I'm beginning to think y'all can't help yourselves -- and as a result, I've lowered my expectations considerably, so this type of response no longer frustrates me; and when every once in awhile someone who disagrees with my view actually/honestly responds to what I was really saying, I just consider it a bonus. :)

And of course, for the most part, anyone who expects Muslims to be the ones understanding non-Muslims feeling is a bigot.

no... anyone (like you) who continues to conflate extremist elements with Muslims at large... is a bigot.

Thousands of lives were lost that day, and yet there's no respect for the emotions surrounding that as once again Muslims' feelings are taken into account -- this time over a book.

how many lost lives were Muslims... there are varying counts out there (pick one). How many of those lost lives weren't even American... but don't let that stop you from leveraging them to appease your 'sensitivities'.

Cleric Rusli Hasbi told 1,000 worshippers attending Friday morning prayers in Indonesia, the world's most populous Muslim country, that whether or not he burns the Quran, Jones had already "hurt the heart of the Muslim world."

"If he'd gone through with it, it would have been tantamount to war," the cleric said in the coastal town of Lhokseumawe. "A war that would have rallied Muslims all over the world." link It's all about appeasing them. It all falls on us to respect their emotions, but heaven forbid we ever ask that they respect ours.

But I'm glad to see another confirmation that Islam is a religion of peace. Nothing like a peaceful declaration that burning a book is tantamount to war to get that message across.

that's one of them there extremist types... you know, the ones you continue to conflate with Muslims at large. Try Google... there were many counter 'demonstrations of peaceful prayer/reflection' planned by Muslim groups to coincide with the planned Quran burning. Don't let that stop you from cherry-picking your extremist examples.

And yeah, let's keep cratering to that mindset, as they do whatever they want.....

your mindset? :lol:

Guest American Woman

no... anyone (like you) who continues to conflate extremist elements with Muslims at large... is a bigot.

Yes, indeed. One must not see anything negative about Islam or any Muslims. If they do, then they should keep their PC mouths shut. Any other religion/nationality/organization is fair game; in fact, it's encouraged to comment on anything and everything negative about a select few. But not Islam or Muslims. We must pretend all is right. Death threats, violent reactions, no matter. We must not see, hear, or comment on it.

:rolleyes:

I'd much rather be perceived as a bigot by a fool than be a fool, so that won't be happening.....

Edited by American Woman

Apparently the burning may go on....the cleric who was to arrange the meeting said the pastor was fibbing about the moving of the mosque, meanwhile, Trump is offering a 25% premium to the Cordoba developer to sell him the land if they promise to build else where.

With that kind of wind fall profit, I am thinking of starting a chain of franchise mosques through out the wall street area.

Would anyone care if somebody was burning Bibles?

Would anyone care if somebody was burning Torahs?

Would anyone care if somebody was burning Bhagavad Gitas?

Would anyone care if sombeody was burning Tipitakas?

Would anyone care if somebody was burning Guru Granth Sahibs?

Nope.

Only Qu'rans. Which begs the question. What is it about Islam, and/or Muslims that make them so radical?