Burn a Qu'ran Day.

I was just pointing out that there has been plenty of Bible burning going on, though I don't think anyone here felt the need to start a thread about it, but it doesn't bother me in the least. I put it in the same category as flag burning. All they're doing is destroying a symbol. Burning the flag does nothing to change what it stands for and burning a Bible or a Koran doesn't change anything regarding the religions or people's beliefs.

It's a rather pointless exercise, to my way of thinking.

I can get behind that AW.

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TrueMetis

What does this have to do with me? I'd refer you to Comedy Central for starters. :rolleyes:

And in response I would refer you to the thousands of people who drew Muhammad as a protest. Many of them even let people know who they are, and they don't seem to have gotten in any trouble over it.

What does this have to do with me? I'd refer you to Comedy Central for starters. :rolleyes:

Well, it’s about you in the sense that you took a breath from criticizing, mocking, and insulting Islam to declare that no one is allowed to do just that.

In the Comedy Central case, as I understand, the person who made the threats was charged. That suggests to me that it’s still not okay to make such threats. So your whole premise is wrong, you’re delusional, and you’re unable to see how the points you make are directly refuted (or “refudiated”) by the rest of the points you make.

Good job getting pantsed…yet again….zzzzz

Ongoing harassment from a group of self-righteous PC do-gooders, from the looks of it.

Really? Can you provide examples of this "harassment?" It sounds to me like it's more like the typical conservative victimhood complex.

In fact, any time the terms "PC" and "do-gooder" are in the same sentence, it's pretty much always a case of a conservative whining that their rights are being trampled because someone disagreed with them. :lol:

Really? Can you provide examples of this "harassment?" It sounds to me like it's more like the typical conservative victimhood complex.

In fact, any time the terms "PC" and "do-gooder" are in the same sentence, it's pretty much always a case of a conservative whining that their rights are being trampled because someone disagreed with them. :lol:

It seems to me that we've got about 3 threads with about 1800 posts, of which at least half are from crybabies saying "if you don't support this project you must be a bigot!!"

-k

Guest American Woman

No, we only say that if there's no rational reason.

But of course none of the reasons are "rational reasons." so it's just as kimmy said it is: we've got about 3 threads with about 1800 posts, of which at least half are from crybabies saying "if you don't support this project you must be a bigot!!". And you're one of them. B)

Guest American Woman

Kimmy already pointed out the harassment, so I'll just say that I find this rather funny, because I agree with kimmy 100%, and I don't know about her, but I'm no conservative. But I will add this: this post highlights another of y'alls favorite cries: 'oh, you're such a victim!' We best take whatever you dish out, which includes accusations of bigot and having our views completely rewritten by the likes of all you "PC do-gooders," or we have a "victim complex."

This post is a perfect example.

Edited by American Woman

But of course none of the reasons are "rational reasons." so it's just as kimmy said it is: we've got about 3 threads with about 1800 posts, of which at least half are from crybabies saying "if you don't support this project you must be a bigot!!". And you're one of them. B)

And most of the other half is from people who are against the project for bigoted reasons...and then they say they're not bigots. If I recall, you were one of those.

Guest American Woman

And most of the other half is from people who are against the project for bigoted reasons...and then they say they're not bigots. If I recall, you were one of those.

Thank you for confirming what I said in my post. :)

Epic failure.

Rational reasons have been stated several times. But for some reason, you and your ilk continue to close your eyes, and cover your ears. My guess is so that you can keep calling others bigots.

*Edit*

That's why these threads go on and on.

Rational reason stated ---> rational reason ignored ---> person called bigot.

Edited by Shady

blahblahblah...you dish out, which includes accusations of bigot and having our views completely rewritten by the likes of all you "PC do-gooders," or we have a "victim complex."

Uh...I think my primary point, hundreds of pages ago, was my question whether a devout muslim would consider the 911 hijackers to be real muslims, and whether it would be fair to force them to concede that they and the terrorists are one and the same.

Rather than address that question, you went on a rant for a thousand posts digging yourself into a hole about whether or not you're a bigot.

Uh...I think my primary point, hundreds of pages ago, was my question whether a devout muslim would consider the 911 hijackers to be real muslims, and whether it would be fair to force them to concede that they and the terrorists are one and the same.

What does a "real" Muslim even mean? Using your logic, anytime somebody committed a negative action, they'd be denied as being part of that group.

Example:

A real American would never do such a thing.

A real Canadian would never do something like that.

That goes against everything a real Jew stands for.

Etc.

Etc.

Etc.

Etc.

Just insert the name of any particular group of people. :rolleyes:

However, it was nice to see you chime in Bubbles.

Edited by Shady

Guest American Woman

Rather than address that question, you went on a rant for a thousand posts digging yourself into a hole about whether or not you're a bigot.

Yes, that's a very accurate description of what happened. As accurate as your cries of "bigot!!!!"

I addressed your question over and over again.

But this post highlights yet another of y'alls characteristics; anyone with a different viewpoint "rants."

I never once resorted to telling people they don't believe what they do or that they are terrorist supporters/sympathizers. I never once responded to anything other than your actual views. I never said "I don't believe you. this is what you think. you are a terrorist supporter" which is just the opposite side of the coin of what you all were doing.

But because I reject having my views completely rewritten and then called a bigot, I went on a "rant" about how I'm not.

I guess the key to discussion on this board is to just accuse people of views they don't have, start making accusations of bigot or whatever, and then get down on them for objecting.

Sounds like a great plan for intelligent discussions and exchanges of ideas.

I'm a liberal who's had disagreements with both sides of the political spectrum on this board, and it's you all self-righteous "PC do-gooders" who have been the most loathsome in response. And this as you call others intolerant/bigots.

You are very selective of what/who you are tolerant of, while you have different standards for different people, and that in no way fits the definition of "tolerance."

I'm not so politically correct that I'm afraid to have an opinion outside y'alls preconceived ideas of what "tolerance" is. And you do harass, in spades, anyone who doesn't agree with you. And you harass for views that people don't even hold.

Edited by American Woman

I'm not so politically correct that I'm afraid to have an opinion outside y'alls preconceived ideas of what "tolerance" is. And you do harass, in spades, anyone who doesn't agree with you. And you harass for views that people don't even hold.

Well said!

It's probably not all Bubbles' fault. Although most of it is. But in Canada, most people who are left of centre don't really hear alternative views very often. They usually live in echo-chambers, with their opinions being reinforced by a majority of the people around them. So for him to listen to an opposing view regarding the the New York mosque, or Muslims in general, is probably quite a culture shock.

Pfft, yeah, that's what happens here...especially when you live on the prairies.... :lol:

You mean the Freedominion,National Citizens Coalition,Canadian Taxpayers Federation,Wild Rose Alliance Party,Charles,"It's Coupscam I tell ya'!" Adler listening,we want Fox News North because the Canadian media is awash in leftist drivel,Stop the census because Ottawa is coming for our guns,right wing nutjob crowd?

Pfft, yeah, that's what happens here...especially when you live on the prairies.... :lol:

Yeah, Winnipeg is a real bastion of conservatism. So is Manitoba for that matter. NDP Premier with an NDP majority legislature. :rolleyes:

Ol' Tom Douglas would be proud.