Tories and Affirmative Action

Interesting story from the Star:

From the Star?

This is probably far more interesting and true than anything you will ever read about in the Star.

As for quoting the Star - well ......

A Harley Biker is riding by the zoo in Toronto when he sees a little girl leaning into the lion's cage. Suddenly, the lion grabs her by the collar of her jacket and tries to pull her inside to slaughter her, under the eyes of her screaming parents.

The biker jumps off his Harley, runs to the cage and hits the lion square on the nose with a powerful punch.

Whimpering from the pain the lion jumps back letting go of the girl, and the biker brings her to her terrified parents, who thank him endlessly. A reporter has watched the whole event.

The reporter addressing the Harley rider says, 'Sir, this was the most gallant and brave thing I've seen a man do in my whole life.'

The Harley rider replies, 'Why, it was nothing, really, the lion was behind bars. I just saw this little kid in danger and acted as I felt right.'

The reporter says, 'Well, I'll make sure this won't go unnoticed. I'm a journalist, you know, and tomorrow's paper will have this story on the front page...

So, what do you do for a living and what political affiliation do you have?'

The biker replies, 'I'm a Metro Police officer and a Conservative.'

The journalist leaves.

The following morning the biker buys the paper to see if it indeed brings news of his actions, and reads, on the front page:

COP ASSAULTS AFRICAN IMMIGRANT

AND STEALS HIS LUNCH

That pretty much sums up the Toronto Star's approach to the news these days

Hope you can take the time to chuckle over the hijack

Have a good one

Borg

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So now are you saying that visible minority hires in the Federal Government are " people who grew up in Nigeria or Somalia or Taiwan and just got off a plane last year?" Or are you saying that of visible minorities, 70% don't have the language skills to do the job they were hired for?

I'm saying that according to Stats Canada 70% of all visible minority members are foreign born. Ie, they're immigrants. And lack of communications skills is a major factor in the difficulty immigrants have in finding decent jobs. Again, the government has said as much and I've posted those statistics in the past.

I'm saying that according to Stats Canada 70% of all visible minority members are foreign born. Ie, they're immigrants. And lack of communications skills is a major factor in the difficulty immigrants have in finding decent jobs. Again, the government has said as much and I've posted those statistics in the past.

Nice dodge-like artistry there Argus, did you take ballet as a child? You didn't answer my question and the reason why is quite obvious. BTW 98% percent of heroin addicts drank milk as children therefore drinking milk leads to heroin addiction. :wacko:

I am getting the sense that you would prefer everyone to be the same, like a tried and true communist would. Wolf in lambs clothing perhaps? You seem to bleet 'wolf!" more than the average...

Nice dodge-like artistry there Argus, did you take ballet as a child? You didn't answer my question and the reason why is quite obvious. BTW 98% percent of heroin addicts drank milk as children therefore drinking milk leads to heroin addiction. :wacko:

I am getting the sense that you would prefer everyone to be the same, like a tried and true communist would. Wolf in lambs clothing perhaps? You seem to bleet 'wolf!" more than the average...

I'm sorry, but I guess youre poor communications skills make you incapable of understanding plain English. Perhaps you could ask someone to translate for you?

I'm sorry, but I guess youre poor communications skills make you incapable of understanding plain English. Perhaps you could ask someone to translate for you?

I'm sorry but your efforts at applying your communist ideology through Marxist methodology doesn't wash. Comrade. B)