Video Evidence of NAACP racism

This is a video in which Shirley Sherrod, USDA Georgia Director of Rural Development, speaks at the NAACP Freedom Fund dinner in Georgia. In her meandering speech to what appears to be an all-black audience, this federally appointed executive bureaucrat lays out in stark detail, that her federal duties are managed through the prism of race and class distinctions.

"In the first video, Sherrod describes how she racially discriminates against a white farmer. She describes how she is torn over how much she will choose to help him. And, she admits that she doesn’t do everything she can for him, because he is white. Eventually, her basic humanity informs that this white man is poor and needs help. But she decides that he should get help from “one of his own kind”. She refers him to a white lawyer."

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's surprising how many people still can't get over losing the civil rights war.

I dunno, Bubbles, after watching that video clip I think it's clear that Whitey isn't the only one having a hard time getting over it.

-k

I dunno, Bubbles, after watching that video clip I think it's clear that Whitey isn't the only one having a hard time getting over it.

-k

kimmy,how much pull do you think the "New Black Panther Party" (which really seems to be a proxy for dissaffected members of the Nation of Islam) really has?Excluding the Fox outrage,of course...

I mean,we're talking about some Afrocentric Nationalist kooks who have family and friends as followers...

I'm not sticking up for thier silliness,but,are they really as influential as the Fox hog callers claim they are?

kimmy,how much pull do you think the "New Black Panther Party" (which really seems to be a proxy for dissaffected members of the Nation of Islam) really has?Excluding the Fox outrage,of course...

I mean,we're talking about some Afrocentric Nationalist kooks who have family and friends as followers...

I'm not sticking up for thier silliness,but,are they really as influential as the Fox hog callers claim they are?

This woman isn't with the New Black Panthers or (as far as we can tell) any African Nationalist group. She's a civil servant who says she chose not to assist a client to the best of her ability because of his race.

-k

This woman isn't with the New Black Panthers or (as far as we can tell) any African Nationalist group. She's a civil servant who says she chose not to assist a client to the best of her ability because of his race.

-k

Well,I have to admit that I don't read much of what Licky has to say becuase it's all the same thing over and over again,however...The clip seems like a bit of a hatchet job...

If you watch from 1:45 until they go to the Geraldo clip,she seems to be telling about an epiphany she has about the issue being more about being poor and that being the qualifier to access to the system,then about it being racial.I agree,the first part seems to be about getting back at whitey,but just as she begins to tell the story about the situation being revealed to her,it gets cut off...

Maybe she is playing favourites,,maybe not,but it looks like the full speech was cut off because it may have betrayed the agenda that was being portrayed by the poster of the video....

Yeah, I wonder what would have happened if she had been a white woman, and said those same things about a black farmer...

Well, most likely, she would never have dared to do or say such a thing to begin with. But if she had, she'd definitely have been fired also. And probably would have been covered much more in the media.

Yeah, I wonder what would have happened if she had been a white woman, and said those same things about a black farmer...

the media would have been apoplectic... I could see a TV movie in the works... perhaps a 5 minute segment for every political show everywhere for 2 months, maybe Obama would have addressed the nation... the NAACP would be staging demonstration protests to boycott the agricultural ministry headed by the wicked white woman... local human rights councils would have investigated hate crime charges...

and local hoodlums would probably have a play at aggressing, vandalizing the white offender and her property.

Well, most likely, she would never have dared to do or say such a thing to begin with. But if she had, she'd definitely have been fired also. And probably would have been covered much more in the media.

And why do you think that would be the case?

And why do you think that would be the case?

based on clear patterns repeated over and over in mass media.... white on black racial abuses always get star billing, whether its the nonsense Duke "rape" case, or micheal richards... The nonstop media circus around the dragging death of James Byrd... vs the complete silencing of the dragging death of white mother of two Patricia Stansfield...

we've actually delved often into clear examples of bias in these forums as well... and yet here you are all "confused" and bewildered...

based on clear patterns repeated over and over in mass media.... white on black racial abuses always get star billing, whether its the nonsense Duke "rape" case, or micheal richards... The nonstop media circus around the dragging death of James Byrd... vs the complete silencing of the dragging death of white mother of two Patricia Stansfield...

we've actually delved often into clear examples of bias in these forums as well... and yet here you are all "confused" and bewildered...

Nobody is confused. WE all know you're a bigot. Judging by your knowledge of history, as seen in your moronic Roman Empire claims, the only confused person here is you.

Nobody is confused. WE all know you're a bigot. Judging by your knowledge of history, as seen in your moronic Roman Empire claims, the only confused person here is you.

How am I a bigot?

Seems to me that the bigot is you for defending the orthodoxy IN SPITE of the evidence and obstinately refusing to consider any other POV.

Proof of anti-white bias in the media is WIDESPREAD and evident. Your complacency about it shows that you are the one who is a racist and a bigot.

Compare the media attention of the Byrd dragging death (of an ex convict) vs the Media silence about the horrible dragging death of a single mother named Patricia Stansfield...

of course I can and did list numerous other examples... but you're a bigot, and an authoritarian to the Egalitarian media, so you're not after argument... just ad hominem attacks

Am I the only who looked into this story? Apparently it is only half the story in fact it is the start of her story. This just another Shady lie. Looking to destroy a person for half a video tape.

She tells the paper that the incident she was recounting happened 24 years ago, before she worked for the USDA, that she went on to provide considerable assistance to the farmer, that she eventually became friends with the farmer and his wife, and that the whole point of retelling the story was to show how she had managed to move beyond race herself.

http://www.ajc.com/news/resigned-usda-official-says-574027.html

However she had been kicked out of the Organizations such as USDA and the NAACP because of people like Shady how only want to hear half of her story to fit their agenda. Don't worry though it looks like Talking points memo a real news organization is looking for the full video where she expands her story to tell about the tolerance she learned and how being racist is wrong and awful.

based on clear patterns repeated over and over in mass media

Exactly.

Documents show media plotting to kill stories about Rev. Jeremiah Wright

Watching this all at home were members of Journolist, a listserv comprised of several hundred liberal journalists, as well as like-minded professors and activists. The tough questioning from the ABC anchors left many of them outraged. “George [stephanopoulos],” fumed Richard Kim of the Nation, is “being a disgusting little rat snake.”

Others went further. According to records obtained by The Daily Caller, at several points during the 2008 presidential campaign a group of liberal journalists took radical steps to protect their favored candidate. Employees of news organizations including Time, Politico, the Huffington Post, the Baltimore Sun, the Guardian, Salon and the New Republic participated in outpourings of anger over how Obama had been treated in the media, and in some cases plotted to fix the damage.

In one instance, Spencer Ackerman of the Washington Independent urged his colleagues to deflect attention from Obama’s relationship with Wright by changing the subject. Pick one of Obama’s conservative critics, Ackerman wrote, “Fred Barnes, Karl Rove, who cares — and call them racists.”

Link

she expands her story to tell about the tolerance she learned and how being racist is wrong and awful.

Yeah, just not awful enough to fully help the white farmer in question. :rolleyes: I don't really care what her explaination for being racists is. She was completely wrong in her actions, despite her words. And the group of NAACP members who clapped while she told them of her racist behavior should be ashamed of themselves.

Yeah, just not awful enough to fully help the white farmer in question. :rolleyes: I don't really care what her explaination for being racists is. She was completely wrong in her actions, despite her words. And the group of NAACP members who clapped while she told them of her racist behavior should be ashamed of themselves.

Accept she goes on in the SECOND half of her story which isn't shown on the edited (by a crazy conservative who has a history of editing tapes) to explain she did help the farmer Shady. The Farmer is now a friend of hers and she learned a lesson she was trying to put forward. I get you don't care that she changed and she helped the Farmer in the end or that she was trying to teach tolerance. You care about a quarter of a heavily edited video tape.

Aww, you mean some of her best friends are white? :rolleyes:

She did what she did. And it was racist and wrong.

Shady has apparently been influenced by this incident in the same way that many Americans still believe Saddam had weapons of mass destruction; future evidence disproving an earlier belief is either ignored or forgotten because no effort is made to internalize the correction.

Shady has apparently been influenced by this incident in the same way that many Americans still believe Saddam had weapons of mass destruction; future evidence disproving an earlier belief is either ignored or forgotten because no effort is made to internalize the correction.

...in the same way that many Canadians still believe that the Americans gave Saddam weapons of mass destruction.

I have noticed this of Shady quite a bit. Facts be damned is his attitude about everything.

BTW the wife of the farmer in question and a NOW FRIEND of the women in question is backing the NAACP speakers story. Seems like Breitbart the person who Shady got the video from and who is known for "breaking" the ACORN story has been caught again editing tapes for propaganda. Seems like the right is way more about censorship and soviet style politics then the left now adays.

http://www.ajc.com/news/farmers-wife-says-fired-574027.html

Edited by punked