'Everybody Draw Muhammad Day' Advocate Rattled by Death Threat

Just read my post... its absolutely clear what Im saying, and it has nothing to do with sleeping dogs.

I wouldn't be asking you to say exactly what you mean if I already thought you were saying it. If you ask me, you're what's known as a relativist...that is: all things are equal. We're just as bad as the Taliban in our own way. Keeping a woman in a bag is fine as long as it is part of their equally valid culture/society...etc, etc, etc.

You're also apparently incapable of listing 10 religiously motivated angsts per faith with ease. I know I could pull-up dozens of really awful events from the current news re: Islam...but the others are indeed a bit of effort. I don't really blame you for not trying as you'd no doubt fail in the end.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mohammad is not God...in fact I heard that he is not even alive these days...we having the living God that resides in us daily..they have some long lost prophet who married a rich old lady and used the cash to raise and army..not much has changed and the shame is that the more oil we use the stronger the dead Mohamid gets.

I wouldn't be asking you to say exactly what you mean if I already thought you were saying it. If you ask me, you're what's known as a relativist...that is: all things are equal. We're just as bad as the Taliban in our own way. Keeping a woman in a bag is fine as long as it is part of their equally valid culture/society...etc, etc, etc.

You're also apparently incapable of listing 10 religiously motivated angsts per faith with ease. I know I could pull-up dozens of really awful events from the current news re: Islam...but the others are indeed a bit of effort. I don't really blame you for not trying as you'd no doubt fail in the end.

I wouldn't be asking you to say exactly what you mean if I already thought you were saying it.

But there was no ambiguous language in my post at all. I basically just said that if youre going to go out of your way to provoke other people you should keep your head up.

If you ask me, you're what's known as a relativist...that is: all things are equal.

Relativism has nothing to do with "all things being equal".

Keeping a woman in a bag is fine as long as it is part of their equally valid culture/society...etc, etc, etc.

Now youre just rambling.

But there was no ambiguous language in my post at all. I basically just said that if youre going to go out of your way to provoke other people you should keep your head up.

As per BC-2004...

Relativism has nothing to do with "all things being equal".

It sure does. 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' being a classic example.

Now youre just rambling.

So you don't support cultures that rub the West the wrong way then? Or do you like your women in bags...assuming you know one.

As per BC-2004...

It sure does. 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' being a classic example.

So you don't support cultures that rub the West the wrong way then? Or do you like your women in bags...assuming you know one.

No idea what this has to do with me saying that the organizers of "Everyone Draw Mohamed" day were stupid not to expect trouble.

Or do you like your women in bags...assuming you know one.
:lol:

A man is shot within your view...

Realist: "People get shot all the time."

Relativist: "That guy on the ground must have provoked the fellow with the gun."

And then theres me... "It probably wasnt that smart to walk up to a man with a gun and kick him in the nuts... cause now you're dead".

Again that has nothing to do with this topic or anything I said. Did you perhaps mean to post that in a different thread?

I never made any claims at all to whether the reaction to the cartoons was justified or not. I just said the people that organized this contest should have known what was coming.

And then theres me... "It probably wasnt that smart to walk up to a man with a gun and kick him in the nuts... cause now you're dead".

Again that has nothing to do with this topic or anything I said. Did you perhaps mean to post that in a different thread?

I never made any claims at all to whether the reaction to the cartoons was justified or not. I just said the people that organized this contest should have known what was coming.

That equals: "That guy on the ground must have provoked the fellow with the gun."

dre circa 1939: It wasn't wise of Poland to antagonize Germany like that by not giving into demands.

Of course they knew, and perhaps the provocation was part of the reason for the contest. The point is that violence and death threats for free expression like this should not be tolerated in our society. But, because we import Muslims by the millions, of which some non-negligible fraction are extremists, and because we tip toe around their cultural sensitivities, it has become the norm. As you put it, people should just "expect" these death threats. Maybe that is the case, but it ought not to be.

Edited by Bonam

That equals: "That guy on the ground must have provoked the fellow with the gun."

\

No it doesnt equal that at all. In the case in point we KNOW the provocation really happened.

Youre posting about a completely different subject than everyone else, or youre just not paying attention. Nobody is trying to justify death threats over these cartoons... and none of my posts attempt to do that in any way at all.

You realize youre posting about a completely different topic than everyone else in this thread right?

Of course they knew, and perhaps the provocation was part of the reason for the contest. The point is that violence and death threats for free expression like this should not be tolerated in our society. But, because we import Muslims by the millions, of which some non-negligible fraction are extremists, and because we tip toe around their cultural sensitivities, it has become the norm. As you put it, people should just "expect" these death threats. Maybe that is the case, but it ought not to be.

Of course they knew

Maybe but the article kinda paints her as a deer in the headlights. I think she bit of more than she wanted to chew, and didnt think this through.

"The creator of a now-defunct Everybody Draw Muhammad Day page on Facebook fears she may be targeted for death now that the cartoonist who launched the online campaign has been placed on an execution list by a radical Yemeni-American cleric.

The 27-year-old Facebook page creatora Canadian woman who asked not to be identified due to fears of reprisaltold FoxNews.com that she was visited at her home last week by Royal Canadian Mounted Police officials who advised her to remove her page and not to talk to reporters.

because we import Muslims by the millions, of which some non-negligible fraction are extremists, and because we tip toe around their cultural sensitivities, it has become the norm. As you put it, people should just "expect" these death threats. Maybe that is the case, but it ought not to be.

I think youre unfairly singling out muslims for this, but in reality youll get death threats if you overtly insult ANY sky-god believers.

Virtually everyone that insults Christianity for example routinely recieves death threats. That goes for Hitchens, Dawkins, Jeremy Hall, etc. In fact... you dont even have to insult Christians to get death threats, you merely have to have a dissenting opinion from theirs.

http://amiable-atheist.blogspot.com/2008/09/atheist-soldier-receives-death-threat.html

Even the authors of childrens books recieve death threats from Christians. :lol::lol::lol:

http://atheism.about.com/b/2007/07/26/jk-rowling-gets-death-threats-over-harry-potter.htm

And isnt this pleasant. The people who put up these billboards got death threats for merely trying to reach out to other atheists even though the content is not insulting at all.

http://current.com/news/91446453_death-threats-force-removal-of-atheist-billboard.htm

And these people dared to organize a festival for atheists... Death threats again.

http://www.secularstudents.org/node/2486

Edited by dre

Please provide some recent examples of left wing speakers/writers/cartoonists being shut down and or killed by people they disagree with.

Malcolm X, George Jackson

Edited by jbg