Native Passports not recognized...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the American Indian nations are not sovereign nations, they certainly ought to be. The principles of nationhood and sovereignty must begin somewhere. Let the American Indian show Whites the true meaning of nation-states! They have retained what most Whites have sadly lost — a strong and abiding sense of ethnic-national identity.

Any other race can do it and it's called cultural diversity but when whites do it it's called racism.

There is tons of documentation to support that land was sold. Canada doesn't recognize the native claims anyhow. I'd love to see some drunken natives try to take my land away from me, that would be hilarious. If they tried to sit in front of my truck, I'd just run them over. It's their own stupidity for lying on the road where I couldn't see them.

Anyone stupid enough to sit on the road built for cars deserves what the get. People cannot do whatever they want without consequences. This new "ME too" generation needs to learn that.

The native lost the war, deal with it. To the victor goes the spoils. If the natives were better men they would've won but they couldn't beat the white man.

The Royal Proclamation of 1763, a document of binding constitutional importance, says otherwise. Where lands were seized without treaty, the Crown is obliged to negotiate with the nations (the Proclamation uses that precise word).

The Royal Proclamation of 1763, a document of binding constitutional importance, says otherwise. Where lands were seized without treaty, the Crown is obliged to negotiate with the nations (the Proclamation uses that precise word).
The Proclaimation also makes it clear that the British had sovereignty:
And We do further declare it to be Our Royal Will and Pleasure, for the present as aforesaid, to reserve under our Sovereignty, Protection, and Dominion, for the use of the said Indians, all the Lands and Territories not included within the Limits of Our said Three new Governments...
The law does not allow people to pick and choose the provisions that they like. If they wish to assert that they have legal rights because of this proclaimation they must also accept that sovereignty belongs to the crown. Edited by TimG

Here's the link:

http://www.thespec.com/News/Local/article/807271

"When they were about to leave Sunday night, the British government refused to give them visas because the U.S. State Department wouldn't guarantee that they would let them back in without American or Canadian passports. The Iroquois national team has traditionally been allowed to use native passports."

I seem to remember one poster here on MLW who some time ago had insisted that native passports were valid and internationally recognized. I also was surprised to see that apparently Britain is the main problem in this instance!

Gee, couldn't someone just wave a copy of The Silver Covenant Chain Treaty at them and clear all this up?

Apparently the issue is not with the passports per se, but rather that they don't meet the new security requirements. They meet the old security requirements that Canadian passports used to have to meet, but now the Canadian passports have been upgraded but not the Iroquois ones.

According to wiki, Canada's passports aren't the updated computer-chip variety yet either:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biometric_passport

"In the 2008 Federal Budget, Jim Flaherty, Minister of Finance announced the electronic passport will be introduced in 2011. Passport Canada began a pilot project in 2009 for special and diplomatic passport applicants."

BUT THE CANADIAN TEAM IS OVER THERE PLAYING LACROSSE!

http://www.bclocalnews.com/vancouver_island_south/victorianews/sports/98704794.html

"Canada is 2-0 in elite pool, round robin play at the 2010 World Lacrosse Championships in Manchester, England.

"Canada plays Australia today (July 19) and Germany on Monday. Germany has been promoted due to the unfortunate absence of the Iroquois Nationals (http://bit.ly/bw9g2M)."

According to wiki, Canada's passports aren't the updated computer-chip variety yet either:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biometric_passport

"In the 2008 Federal Budget, Jim Flaherty, Minister of Finance announced the electronic passport will be introduced in 2011. Passport Canada began a pilot project in 2009 for special and diplomatic passport applicants."

BUT THE CANADIAN TEAM IS OVER THERE PLAYING LACROSSE!

http://www.bclocalnews.com/vancouver_island_south/victorianews/sports/98704794.html

"Canada is 2-0 in elite pool, round robin play at the 2010 World Lacrosse Championships in Manchester, England.

"Canada plays Australia today (July 19) and Germany on Monday. Germany has been promoted due to the unfortunate absence of the Iroquois Nationals (http://bit.ly/bw9g2M)."

Of course. They had to take out the Iroquois Nationals first. Cheaters.

I don't see anything that said that the UK requires chips in passports. It just says that the Iroquois hand-made passports weren't adequate for security purposes.

Hopefully the Haudenosaunee get their chips integrated soon.

-k

Isn't funny that YOU of all people are obsessed with food and alcohol all the time. No wonder that car leans...and your not even going around a corner.... :lol:

And why is that the supposedly "superior" white race has embraced this self-destructive ideology where no other race has? Perhaps this superiority isn't all it's cracked up to be?

that's a very valid point, even if europeans have conquered the world and advanced human knowledge beyond anything that any other people could, even if they technically have the capacity to dominate the world and snuff out all competitors, in the end if they are too stupid and fat headed to preserve the precarious security given them by their technology, they will be overtaken by fast breeding third worlders...

and any concept of superiority will be null and void.

as long as europeans beamingly exclaim their desire to be the worlds do gooder for world peace, and continue to act like slaves, then all of this talk will be nugatory.

I don't see anything that said that the UK requires chips in passports. It just says that the Iroquois hand-made passports weren't adequate for security purposes.

Hopefully the Haudenosaunee get their chips integrated soon.

-k

I was at a Pow Wow about 25 years ago at Cape Croker,Ontario....

Best chips I have ever had!!!!!

Unfortunately, the passports from their sovereign nation, issued by Haudenosaunee, the native word for the Iroquois Confederacy, do not contain the proper radio-frequency identification chips. The passports, in fact, are just made of paper, if you can imagine that.

Read more: http://www.philly.com/inquirer/columnists/bob_ford/20100716_Bob_Ford__The_tangled_story_of_the_Iroquois_lacrosse_team.html#ixzz0u47ASqie

In a statement, the U.K. Borders Agency said: "Like all those seeking entry into the U.K., they must present a document that we recognize as valid to enable us to complete our immigration and other checks."

The British government's decision was announced hours after the U.S. cleared the team for travel on a one-time waiver at the behest of Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton. U.S. authorities initially had refused to accept the passports issued by the Iroquois Confederacy, which lack new security features now required for border crossings because of post-Sept. 11 crackdowns on document fraud and illegal immigration.

New U.S. passports contain embedded radio-frequency identification chips, similar to the ones inside highway toll transponders. The Iroquois documents look similar to U.S. passports but are emblazoned with a Haudenosaunee insignia featuring a tree and animal emblems. The simple blue booklet is made with thinner paper than U.S. passports, has no high-tech chips and some information is handwritten.

At least four Indian nations, including the Kootenai, of Idaho; the Pasqua Yaqui, of Arizona; the Tohono O'odham Nation, of Arizona and Mexico; and the Seneca, of New York, have been working with federal officials to develop ID cards that meet new security guidelines, but would be good only for arrivals in the U.S. by land or sea, according to the Department of Homeland Security.

Frichner, who also is the North American Regional Representative to the U.N. Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues, said the Iroquois have almost completed a transition to higher security passports. The process has cost the six-nation confederacy more than $1.5 million, she said.

http://www.9wsyr.com/news/local/story/Update-Iroquois-Nationals-Lacrosse-Team-returns/rrAG8HtNx0i4HWLs7-KWKw.cspx

The Iroquois have used their own passports in the past, but State Department spokesman P.J. Crowley said the new dispute can be traced to the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative, which went into effect last year. The new rules require, among other things, that Americans carry passports or high-tech documents to cross the country's borders.

http://www.9wsyr.com/news/local/story/Update-Iroquois-Nationals-Lacrosse-Team-returns/rrAG8HtNx0i4HWLs7-KWKw.cspx

Sure sounds to me that the issue is the lack of "new security features", since they've been used for international travel before. I wonder how the Canadian team slipped through ..?

Maybe a match between the tournament winners and the Iroquois Nationals, on their own turf, is in order. ;)

Edited by bebe

You do realize that potatoes are one of the many various vegetables that the natives in the Americas grew long before the rest of the world started eating them.....

I do...

It was obvious that they had alot of practice.

Yummers!!!!

Don't worry...The 6 Nations Reserve will be getting some more of my money in 2 weeks...

Here's the link:

http://www.thespec.com/News/Local/article/807271

"When they were about to leave Sunday night, the British government refused to give them visas because the U.S. State Department wouldn't guarantee that they would let them back in without American or Canadian passports. The Iroquois national team has traditionally been allowed to use native passports."

I seem to remember one poster here on MLW who some time ago had insisted that native passports were valid and internationally recognized. I also was surprised to see that apparently Britain is the main problem in this instance!

Gee, couldn't someone just wave a copy of The Silver Covenant Chain Treaty at them and clear all this up?

LOL!

Too funny

Accept the benefits but not the passport. LOL

Time to stay home then

Borg

• 2 weeks later...
To be fair, the natives of that lacrosse team are refusing American or Canadian passports! They have been using their native passports for some years and up till now they have had no real problems.

Really? I find it hard to imagine Air Canada or British Airways allowing anybody to board their aircraft with dodgy papers. If these people get turned away at UK Immigration, the airline has to get them back home at their expense, and pay a fat fine too.

Really? I find it hard to imagine Air Canada or British Airways allowing anybody to board their aircraft with dodgy papers. If these people get turned away at UK Immigration, the airline has to get them back home at their expense, and pay a fat fine too.

The were refused by Britain once but were let in under the Haudenosaunee passport many times before.

The were refused by Britain once but were let in under the Haudenosaunee passport many times before.

When traveling around the world, bring the necessary paper identification documents. If Britain decided they will no longer accept those passports then you have two choices really. Get the proper passport or stay home.

Either way, this a waste of a thread.

When traveling around the world, bring the necessary paper identification documents. If Britain decided they will no longer accept those passports then you have two choices really. Get the proper passport or stay home.

Either way, this a waste of a thread.

In their case, the proper passport IS the Haudenosaunee one. As I said Britain recognized it and would have this time if some yahoo in the US didn't try to exercise his ego. But all and all the "secure" Haudenosaunee passport will meet Great Britain's requirements, as well as the US. So perhaps it is Canada that is out of sync with the rest of the world.....