The Liberal Disease

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because they're kids and they are the future of this country. You want to throw kids under the bus because their parents didn't do well, that's your call. Don't complain when 15 years later they're breaking into your house stealing your TV or worse because believe me, with that attitude this is where it ends.

Interesting, yet I bet that you insanely approve of our immigration policy that lets in thousands of these same "parent's that didn't do well" from the third world that are, at present, breaking into many a house and stealing TV's...

And I don't believe you at all.

This country had far superior community cohesion, and a very strong educational system before the 60's... we went from teaching latin and greek in little school to teaching remedial english in University... in that short timespan...

Edited by lictor616

Because they're kids and they are the future of this country. You want to throw kids under the bus because their parents didn't do well, that's your call. Don't complain when 15 years later they're breaking into your house stealing your TV or worse because believe me, with that attitude this is where it ends.

double post*

Edited by lictor616

No....the answer is to compete regardless of challenges. Your broad liberal brush of dependency and solutions is far more debilitating.

Yeah, that is essentially what you're doing. Telling them to just "compete" and nevermind the fact that you're in a crumbling school with shitty teachers and your chances at getting into a good school are terrible at best just because someone was born in a different part of the same city is giving up. It says that I'm happy with where things are because I made it and if I can make it anyone else can even though most people who have that attitude are kids of the upper and middle class who have gone through nothing compared to those in inner city.

You said it before. Life isn't fair. Your attitude is pretty clear. "I don't care as long as I don't have to pay." It isn't debilitating to the economy, it's debilitating to your wallet so therefore who cares? As long as you're not out cash, it doesn't matter. I said it to the other moron and I'll say it to you. The attitude is all fine and good. It's your opinion. Just don't complain when a kid breaks into your house to steal something.

Interesting, yet I bet that you insanely approve of our immigration policy that lets in thousands of these same "parent's that didn't do well" from the third world that are, at present, breaking into many a house and stealing TV's...

And I don't believe you at all.

This country far superior community cohesion, and a very strong educational system before the 60's... we went from teaching latin and greek in little school to teaching remedial english in University... in that short timespan...

Did you ever think that the reason why immigrants are more likely to committ crime isn't racial but because doctors and engineers come here to drive cabs?

Yeah, that is essentially what you're doing. Telling them to just "compete" and nevermind the fact that you're in a crumbling school with shitty teachers and your chances at getting into a good school are terrible at best just because someone was born in a different part of the same city is giving up.

They have to compete anyway....that is the important element that you are trying to protect "them" from. Your solutions are superficial and discount the importance of other socioeconomic factors outside of "education" that facilitate taking advantage of a good or bad school. In short, you want to disable the very thing that is "their" only edge.

It says that I'm happy with where things are because I made it and if I can make it anyone else can even though most people who have that attitude are kids of the upper and middle class who have gone through nothing compared to those in inner city.

LOL! Methinks you, most of all, wouldn't know what such an experience is just based on the codewords you use to describe such things.

You said it before. Life isn't fair. Your attitude is pretty clear. "I don't care as long as I don't have to pay." I said it to the other moron and I'll say it to you. The attitude is all fine and good. It's your opinion. Just don't complain when a kid breaks into your house to steal something.

My family paid nearly $50,000 in taxes last year, and the kid who breaks in will be from the suburbs, not "inner city". LOL!

Did you ever think that the reason why immigrants are more likely to committ crime isn't racial but because doctors and engineers come here to drive cabs?

No...

He actually believes that non-Europeans are genetically inferior...I'll bet he thinks that non-Europeans are some sort of genetic sub-species of humankind...

He's basically saying that...

Edited by Jack Weber

ahhahahahhah!!! yes it must be frustrating for them to have studied in countries where hospitals have 1930's technology, then come to canada, discover that their education is about worthless (and then, instead of RETURNING HOME) they stay here to commit crimes....

yeah that's totally justifiable!

presumably we owe them something right nicky?

and I like how you seem to be insinuating that most immigrants we get are doctors or engineers!

When in actuality about 80% have no University education... many of those don't even have a high school equivalence.

but that begs the question, why let them in? based on your aforementioned statement... it would make no sense...

They have to compete anyway....that is the important element that you are trying to protect "them" from. Your solutions are superficial and discount the importance of other socioeconomic factors outside of "education" that facilitate taking advantage of a good or bad school. In short, you want to disable the very thing that is "their" only edge.

Education is the cornerstone, but there are definitely other things. It's not like you'd support any of those things either, god forbid anyone have to pay to make a country a better place to live. I guess you'll spend that extra money from your taxes on a bars for your windows.

LOL! Methinks you, most of all, wouldn't know what such an experience is just based on the codewords you use to describe such things.

No, no I don't and frankly neither do you. I've had a lot of help to get where I am and I'm grateful every step of the way. I'm not the one taking the help for granted, thinking that I'm some sort of superman who not only did everything himself but had it the hardest on the way up, which, with the way you go on about making these kids compete is obviously what you think of yourself (Clearly, it's not true). Listen, I don't "know" what these people go through because I never have but I'm not naive enough to realize what at least these kids have to go through. It's not just the crumbling schools and crappy teachers. Drugs, gangs, absent fathers, lack of after school activities. Those are all situations I've never had to go through yet we both know they exist and know that it isn't right to just let it happen. Or, at least I know it's right that these are conditions need to be improved upon. You seem to be more than happy to let a bad situation stagnate and get worse.

My family paid nearly $50,000 in taxes last year, and the kid who breaks in will be from the suburbs, not "inner city". LOL!

Crime rates are exponentially higher in inner cities than it is in the burbs, so yeah, keep fishing...

ahhahahahhah!!! yes it must be frustrating for them to have studied in countries where hospitals have 1930's technology, then come to canada, discover that their education is about worthless (and then, instead of RETURNING HOME) they stay here to commit crimes....

yeah that's totally justifiable!

presumably we owe them something right nicky?

and I like how you seem to be insinuating that most immigrants we get are doctors or engineers!

When in actuality about 80% have no University education... many of those don't even have a high school equivalence.

but that begs the question, why let them in? based on your aforementioned statement... it would make no sense...

People should at least have the option of testing and residency/internship to earn western accreditation. We don't have that. Furthermore, even if people get in, they don't get in unless they're qualified to do some kind of work. It's called the points system. Any dependent that comes along with them has to be supported by the the sponsor or the person approved for immigration. So it's not like they come here and we instantly support them.

What do we owe them? I think we owe them what we would offer any other citizen and provide subsidised english lessons and history lessons. Crime primarily occurse due to economic circumstances and alienation. They come here and feel rejected by society. Kids come here, get a hard time in school, see their parents not do very well, see their tradition become less important and there's a reaction.

Education is the cornerstone, but there are definitely other things. It's not like you'd support any of those things either, god forbid anyone have to pay to make a country a better place to live. I guess you'll spend that extra money from your taxes on a bars for your windows.

Education is available...those who take advantage of it will fair better than those who don't by relying on your brand of excuses.

No, no I don't and frankly neither do you. I've had a lot of help to get where I am and I'm grateful every step of the way. I'm not the one taking the help for granted, thinking that I'm some sort of superman who not only did everything himself but had it the hardest on the way up, which, with the way you go on about making these kids compete is obviously what you think of yourself (Clearly, it's not true).

This where you and I part ways in life experience....I am not a liberal wannabe in Canada using the American "inner city" experience to advocate for a political agenda. Frankly, I cannot take such persons seriously because they are not familiar with the circumstances of such things. American "inner cities" are not fodder for your aspirations or guilt.

Listen, I don't "know" what these people go through because I never have but I'm not naive enough to realize what at least these kids have to go through. It's not just the crumbling schools and crappy teachers. Drugs, gangs, absent fathers, lack of after school activities. Those are all situations I've never had to go through yet we both know they exist and know that it isn't right to just let it happen. Or, at least I know it's right that these are conditions need to be improved upon. You seem to be more than happy to let a bad situation stagnate and get worse.

Correct...you don't know....I do. I don't need a guilt ridden liberal to explain it to me using PC codewords. What I will not agree to is more of your kind of excuses and admonition of "right wing values", standards, measurement, and competition when these are the very things kids will face in the real world.

Crime rates are exponentially higher in inner cities than it is in the burbs, so yeah, keep fishing...

Duh! That's why we move to the 'burbs. LOL!

I think some folks here are making the mistake of assuming that because SOME of a poster's premises are illogical and biased that ALL of his premises must be false!

Not only is this illogical itself, it allows a very lazy way of treating anything critical of bias as equivalent to a reasoned rebuttal.

Just because Mr. Lic offends you sometimes doesn't mean that immigrant crime only comes from poverty. It also doesn't mean that all poor immmigrants are highly educated. Nor does it mean that EVERY country's educational standards are equal to our own!

In the quote I've cited, are you claiming that it is the immigrant doctors driving cabs that commit the crimes, Nicky?

Even with incumbent citizens the idea that crime predominantly springs from poverty is subject to much debate. Paul Bernardo came from a home of reasonably well-off working class.

Before I can consider your premises you would first have to cite some proof that the crime is mostly being committed by the poor immigrants and that their level of education is indeed as high as you are claiming.

People should at least have the option of testing and residency/internship to earn western accreditation. We don't have that. Furthermore, even if people get in, they don't get in unless they're qualified to do some kind of work. It's called the points system. Any dependent that comes along with them has to be supported by the the sponsor or the person approved for immigration. So it's not like they come here and we instantly support them.

What do we owe them? I think we owe them what we would offer any other citizen and provide subsidised english lessons and history lessons. Crime primarily occurse due to economic circumstances and alienation. They come here and feel rejected by society. Kids come here, get a hard time in school, see their parents not do very well, see their tradition become less important and there's a reaction.

Testing residency? I'm sorry I as a canadian don<t get to test residency in any other country... In fact most countries take a very harsh view on immigration, Mexico for instance shoots border crossers regularly coming from central america...

Why do we owe them immediate residency in our country? why should we dilute the meaning of being canadian? for whose sake ? Why do we have to labor for these people? Especially if, as you say most of them end up turning sour because their potty training went wrong and their "economic circumstances"... again your position makes no sense at all.

why should we dilute the meaning of being canadian? for whose sake?

If the "meaning of being canadian" has produced the likes of you, we have quite a bit more diluting of meaning to do. Other than the thousands of foreign workers we bring in because the meaning-of-canadian Canadians are afraid to get their hands dirty and pick cabbages and apples.

Edited by Shwa

POLICAL CORRECTNESS is forced tolerance of thing that are bad for you. There was a time when liberal meant to liberate and free us into a better life - now this lie actually enslaves and destroys - the sad fact is that the right wing loves to use and make dupe of the left to do their dirty work - You just can't win these days - the left and the right are now equal - equally evil and totally into the domination of human beings - Both don't care if it kills us getting us under some sort of stupifed control - Look at the G 20 experiment..this was a test to see how far they could push and contain civil populations - and so far weasils like McGinty state - that "it is not my dog" that bit our young freedom fighters - Liberals like McGinty take their orders from the extreme right - because they have all the money and us cowards will do anything - say anything for a pay cheaque...that's the crux of this disease - cowardice ...and a silly willingness to point the blaming finger at the right or the left - when it is us that are the faciltators of this sickness.

If the "meaning of being canadian" has produced the likes of you, we have quite a bit more diluting of meaning to do. Other than the thousands of foreign workers we bring in because the meaning-of-canadian Canadians are afraid to get their hands dirty and pick cabbages and apples.

what a specious lie- there are countless eonomic reports that show that our seasonal produce pickers from mexico and the like, cost the country far more then they generate, first off their pay is mediocre, and so they contribute as near as zero in taxes, and the cost of social programs to assist these foreigners make them very costly for the rest of us, your average Mexican fruit picker costs on average 600 000$ to the country;

http://www.fraserinstitute.org/publicationdisplay.aspx?id=13504&terms=immigration

www.fraserinstitute.org/Commerce.Web/product_files/Immigration.pdf

and its utter nonsense that white canadians refuse to do this work... instead of paying immigrants a welath of services and citizen privileges (which they usually abuse) we should simply get the government to increase the minimum wage of these jobs by 1.50, that would be FAR more economically viable and productive.

again you<re clueless. keep watching TV and hating white canadians...

Edited by lictor616

and its utter nonsense that white canadians refuse to do this work... instead of paying immigrants a welath of services and citizen privileges (which they usually abuse) we should simply get the government to increase the minimum wage of these jobs by 1.50, that would be FAR more economically viable and productive.

again you<re clueless. keep watching TV and hating white canadians...

That's a pretty good argument I think.

what a specious lie- there are countless eonomic reports that show that our seasonal produce pickers from mexico and the like, cost the country far more then they generate, first off their pay is mediocre, and so they contribute as near as zero in taxes, and the cost of social programs to assist these foreigners make them very costly for the rest of us, your average Mexican fruit picker costs on average 600 000$ to the country;

http://www.fraserinstitute.org/publicationdisplay.aspx?id=13504&terms=immigration

www.fraserinstitute.org/Commerce.Web/product_files/Immigration.pdf

and its utter nonsense that white canadians refuse to do this work... instead of paying immigrants a welath of services and citizen privileges (which they usually abuse) we should simply get the government to increase the minimum wage of these jobs by 1.50, that would be FAR more economically viable and productive. ...

Another typical example of a lictarded response. I give him a link to the Temporary Foreign Workers page at Human Resources and he responds with a fearsome Fraser Institute report on mass immigration. Wooo, thaths pretty thcary.

Not to mention that temporary foriegn workers are brought in "to fill immediate skills and labour shortages" but they spend their money in Canadian stores (sales tax), pay their room and board to Canadians and help Canadian farms generate wealth.

No specious reasoning here, just another blowhard tripping in his drool trying to make a fearsome point.

again you<re clueless. keep watching TV and hating white canadians

A white Canadian hating himself. What, is that some sort of new theory you are working on in between shock treatments? :lol::lol::lol:

Another typical example of a lictarded response. I give him a link to the Temporary Foreign Workers page at Human Resources and he responds with a fearsome Fraser Institute report on mass immigration. Wooo, thaths pretty thcary.

Not to mention that temporary foriegn workers are brought in "to fill immediate skills and labour shortages" but they spend their money in Canadian stores (sales tax), pay their room and board to Canadians and help Canadian farms generate wealth.

No specious reasoning here, just another blowhard tripping in his drool trying to make a fearsome point.

the frasier report highlights quite unambiguously with irrefragable numbers, that these low skill immigrants COST much more to the country then they contribute. Sales tax? most of them bring their money back to mexico with them... room and board? they sleep in communes!

those are the facts.. the end sum of these migrant workers IS A LOSS OF MONEY FOR US.