Mosque going up in NYC building

Guest American Woman

I've already given you the clarification.

Oh, no. Not even a little. go back and find where you've done so. Good luck.

In this case it means supporting Muslims in anything and everything - because it's the PC/oh-so-tolerant thing to do. Fill in the blank for the definition accordingly regarding other issues.

So it does mean other things....on a fill-in-the-blank basis. (You feel disinclined to clarify, for...some reason, unstated.)

It could mean anything and everything, then! What a fantastic little phrase.

Edited by bloodyminded

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest American Woman

It could mean anything and everything, then! What a fantastic little phrase.

It "could mean anything and everything" only to those having problems filling it in the blank - ie: applying the same principle to other issues involving other groups.

It "could mean anything and everything" only to those having problems filling it in the blank - ie: applying the same principle to other issues involving other groups.

All groups? Whites? Tea Partiers? African-Americans? Jewish people?

I don't know; Muslims, yes, that much is clear. Who else? What other groups and scenarios exist that deserve the sobriquet?

Guest American Woman

All groups? Whites? Tea Partiers? African-Americans? Jewish people?

I don't know; Muslims, yes, that much is clear. Who else? What other groups and scenarios exist that deserve the sobriquet?

If you can't figure it out, you'll have to live with the confusion. I won't be wasting any more time on it with you.

If you can't figure it out, you'll have to live with the confusion. I won't be wasting any more time on it with you.

That's pretty frayed and weak for a de facto concession that you've got nothing. Hell, you could have answered the simple question just as easily as declaring that you refuse, again, to answer it.

Edited by bloodyminded

Guest American Woman

Now we are going to have 194 pages of people going back and forth calling each other "stupid." :D

Or people could practice some self control and not post in this thread if they aren't interested in the topic. That would be following the rules. :)

Sounds like a plan to me............ B)

Just to clarify, I'm very interested in the topic, it's just that the debate is very much over, and there is really no defensible position that doesn't involve some level of bigotry...or at least there isn't one that's been presented here, or anywhere else.

Edit: I was wrong, there are some arguments based on irrationality.

Edited by Smallc

Guest American Woman

Just to clarify, I'm very interested in the topic, it's just that the debate is very much over, and there is really no defensible position that doesn't involve some level of bigotry...or at least there isn't one that's been presented here, or anywhere else.

Edit: I was wrong, there are some arguments based on irrationality.

Wow! We bigots have been vindicated. Some of us who opposed the project for "bigoted reasons" have been upgraded to the position of opposing it for "irrational reasons." We are no longer bigots - we are simply irrational. Because that's what Smallc now believes. It took 195 pages, but he finally recognizes that some people can oppose the project for reasons other than "bigoted reasons." Glory be. :P

But I hate to break it to you - the "debate" is hardly over - just because you have declared it over. The debate will go on - and I will follow it to see what ultimately becomes of the project - along with others who share my interest in what the final outcome will be. :)

Edited by American Woman

Guest American Woman

The debate was over about 190 pages ago. There has been nothing new added.

Thanks to comments such as yours, a lot of the posts are "nothing new added." ;) And as proof, here you are continuing the trend of posting nothing of substance/nothing pertaining to the topic............

Here's a tip. You don't get to declare when a debate is over. If you think nothing new is being added, then try real hard not to "add" to it yourself. I, for one, will appreciate it. :)

The debate was over about 190 pages ago. There has been nothing new added.

I disagree.

New information became available throughout the course of this, um, er, "discussion" so I think it was over probably around 100 pages ago.

It wasn't just entertaining but I did learn a few things along the way.

You are never going to get the last word on this with AW so lets all just agree to disagree and move on.

When another Muslim dares to do something perfectly legal I'm sure there will be people there to complain about that in a new and different thread. :lol:

Guest American Woman

There are plenty of topics in "Federal Politics" that I'm not interested in, so I can understand if a "U.S. politics" thread doesn't interest all Canadians; however, I have never posted non-responses over and over again in any thread in the Federal Politics forum nor have I ever made post after post saying 'the discussion is over' or post after post of nothing pertaining to the issue, posts containing nothing but a smiley face, etc.

I would like to know why this behavior has been tolerated in this thread.

Edited by American Woman

What exactly do you want people to say, AW? This discussion has been had over and over again. It puzzles me why you would even reopen the thread that at an earlier date, ended in you leaving for a time. I don't see how your position can be defended. It simply doesn't make one bit of logical sense. Either you're confused or bigoted, there's no other option.

Either you're confused or bigoted, there's no other option.

I don't know. If there were a poster who opposed the mosque and was able to express a cogent argument, they might say that al qaeda might be pleased to see the mosque rise on that spot, and there is a reasonable argument to be opposed to anything happening anywhere near that site that al qaeda would approve of.

AW, I think that any objective person coming to this thread for the first time will find that you are hardly the fountain of rational substantial discourse that you like to proclaim yourself to be so please stop accusing others of posting non-responses.

Smallc's and my responses have been responses to various issues in this thread as they have been brought.

For you to joke(?) about us being stupid certainly was worthy of a joke response (at least mine was a joke).

Levity does add substance to a thread unlike some of the nonsense you have spewed here for the past few pages so cut the hypocritical lecturing.

I disagree.

New information became available throughout the course of this, um, er, "discussion" so I think it was over probably around 100 pages ago.

It wasn't just entertaining but I did learn a few things along the way.

You are never going to get the last word on this with AW so lets all just agree to disagree and move on.

When another Muslim dares to do something perfectly legal I'm sure there will be people there to complain about that in a new and different thread. :lol:

Even if that Muslim goes above and beyond the call of duty and consults with the various local religious communities and gets their blessing. The lesson here is that just because the local Jewish and Christian leadership support the move, unless that Muslim has also consulted with the Freemen and others across the country, expect to be picketed.

Even if that Muslim goes above and beyond the call of duty and consults with the various local religious communities and gets their blessing. The lesson here is that just because the local Jewish and Christian leadership support the move, unless that Muslim has also consulted with the Freemen and others across the country, expect to be picketed.

Getting the blessing of local religious community leaders and getting the support of the ordinary, workaday people are two very different things. The religious leaders' interest is in maximizing the ability to find sites for their activities. The worshipers, and the victims' families are the ones likely to mind this construction.

I am not necessariliy inalterably opposed to the construction of this or any religious facility. The Muslims should do a much better job of rapproachment with the community at large. If they melded into the community better, perhaps showed more suport of the causes of other religions, yes including support of Israel, all would be well. I would love to see Islam become a religion like any other.