Mosque going up in NYC building

Guest American Woman

Repeat:

That would be answering again. I just want an answer once.

Women's rights are not important to you,

Nor to you if using your metric. I understand.

But, to women (and some guys like myself),

Sadly not like your self, but merely selectively and when it fits your agenda.

their rights are VERY important and any muddying of the waters should be viewed as a threat to these rights. That Islam segragates males from females in a supposedly free society, doesn't bode well for any society where it gets to pull the levers. History and reality certainly show this fact off to the fullest in countries where Islam rules.

Well , they dont get to pull the levers in our society, so no relevance there.

But one thing you did not consider when you were so concerned about 'muddying the waters'......dont forget to include Orthodox Jews in the same way.

Dont like Jews huh? Too bad.

They segregate so by your metric, Jews are a problem...right?

Edited by guyser

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Religious freedom is a strong cornerstone in this nation. Would you prefer that Canada or the US become "Christian states" in the same sense of an Islamic state? No thanks. It would be little different than living under the Taliban.

As long as the Western world is on a sure-fire suicide and self-destruction mission of allowing their sworn enemies unrestricted immigration, Canada and America will never be 'Christian states'. Political correctness and spineless abeyance and suicidal sucking up to enemies will prevent that.

The enemies of the West would gladly see America and Canada ruled by Sharia Law, you know, beheadings, honour killings, whippings, amputations of hands and feet, genital mutilations, stonings and total intolerance towards anyone who is not willing to suck up to the 'religion' established and foisted on the world with the force of the sword, by a terrorist pedophile.

I don't know about you, but if our countries are ever to be run and dominated by a religion, I would much prefer it to be Judaism or Christianity.

That would be answering again. I just want an answer once.

Nor to you if using your metric. I understand.

Sadly not like your self, but merely selectively and when it fits your agenda.

Well , they dont get to pull the levers in our society, so no relevance there.

But one thing you did not consider when you were so concerned about 'muddying the waters'......dont forget to include Orthodox Jews in the same way.

Dont like Jews huh? Too bad.

They segregate so by your metric, Jews are a problem...right?

Always fun when folks defend misogynistic religious behaviour with more misogynistic religious behaviour. Nowhere in any forum do I support Hasidism. Nor Catholics.

As long as the Western world is on a sure-fire suicide and self-destruction mission of allowing their sworn enemies unrestricted immigration, Canada and America will never be 'Christian states'.

No, we will fight those who are our sworn enemies.

Those who want to live here and mind their own business, can do so (including Muslims).

I don't want Canada to be a 'Christian state' myself. But the Christian ethic of mercy and forgiveness, there's nothing wrong with that!

Political correctness and spineless abeyance and suicidal sucking up to enemies will prevent that.

Is that why we sent troops to Afghanistan, to suck up to the enemy?

No, we will fight those who are our sworn enemies.

Those who want to live here and mind their own business, can do so (including Muslims).

I don't want Canada to be a 'Christian state' myself. But the Christian ethic of mercy and forgiveness, there's nothing wrong with that!

Is that why we sent troops to Afghanistan, to suck up to the enemy?

The sworn enemy in Afganistan is not nearly as dangerous and deceptive and back-stabbing as the same ilk right here, that was given carte blanche permission and encouragement to destroy Western values, by all governments of all political persuation, in the name of political correctness and false and blind sense of equality.

Yeah, you are right, all who want to mind their own business and live here are welcome. Hell I was one myself when I immigrated here.

Problem is that this latest batch of immigrants do NOT mind their own business. They kill their daughters for being sociable. They want to convert everyone to their false religion. They want their own barbaric 'justice' system replace what we have now.

And if we let them, yes, we are sucking up to them.

Always fun when folks defend misogynistic religious behaviour with more misogynistic religious behaviour. Nowhere in any forum do I support Hasidism. Nor Catholics.

It is fun for those who do. Relevance? I certainly do not defend it, but merely point out your hypocrisy in using the Muslims as the target.

I dont supoprt any religion but I also wont get worked up by what is ostensibly a volunteer position.

Call us when any of this segregation becomes enshrined in law.

It is fun for those who do. Relevance? I certainly do not defend it, but merely point out your hypocrisy in using the Muslims as the target.

I dont supoprt any religion but I also wont get worked up by what is ostensibly a volunteer position.

Call us when any of this segregation becomes enshrined in law.

Call 'us'? I love it when an individual thinks he's a crowd.

:lol:

Segregation exists in Canada. That you're OK with a little bit of it tells me you're no steward of ANYONE's rights.

Segregation exists in Canada. That you're OK with a little bit of it tells me you're no steward of ANYONE's rights.

Considering no ones rights are compromised, what are you saying?

DoP, you were asked about 'enemy's values' that are enshrined here in Canada, you answer Sharia, which most people know is false since no sharia exists.

And you do like putting words in peoples mouths since I never said I I am ok with it, not even a little bit, but I did say they volunteer to do so and I dont get worked up.

So like I said, call us (Us being people who undestand the Charter and laws of Canada) when it is enshrined in law.

Guest American Woman

I still get in trouble walking into the womens washroom.

Which is, of course, the equivalent to women not having the same rights as men under sharia law.

Seriously, this type of comment makes it sounds as if you either haven't a clue, or you don't care about the mistreatment of women under sharia law.

Which is, of course, the equivalent to women not having the same rights as men under sharia law.

Seriously, this type of comment makes it sounds as if you either haven't a clue, or you don't care about the mistreatment of women under sharia law.

As you noticed, I stopped caring about posting anything of relevance into this thread about 150 freakin pages ago. Yes I was trying to be satiricle. The fact you don't get that means you still have some huge emotional attachment to this thread, or the things discussed in this thread.

Sharia Law is not your problem. You will face matrial law loooooooong before that. And martial law is much much worse than Sharia Law.

The comments reflect that you'd be tossed under the bus if need be to justify some folk's spirit of multiculturalism. Some might claim you volunteered to do it, apparently.

Guest American Woman

As you noticed, I stopped caring about posting anything of relevance into this thread about 150 freakin pages ago. Yes I was trying to be satiricle. The fact you don't get that means you still have some huge emotional attachment to this thread, or the things discussed in this thread.

What I've noticed is that you can't stay away from this thread. Do you always devote your time to things you don't care about? The fact that I don't get it means you failed to come across as "satirical;" and what I have is interest in this issue. Odd that you try to make it into something it's not. But seriously, you might want to check out the rules regarding purposely posting nothing of relevance. If you''re not interested in the topic, try exercising some self control and don't post.

Sharia Law is not your problem. You will face matrial law loooooooong before that. And martial law is much much worse than Sharia Law.

More satire, eh? I got it that time. B)

Edited by American Woman

Having lived under both, Gosthacked can claim this with confidence.

Typical D0P. Typical.

I don't have to experience either to know that. We can bring up Germany and WWII with martial law and concentration camps. I am sure Sharia is much much MUCH MUCH MUCH much worse than martial law. We can bring up martial law in Canada and the US with concentration maps where we put all the Japanese and other Asians because of WWII.

Sharial Law affects Muslims and their way of life, matrial law effets everyone. Not like I am going to convince any of you anyways. But I guess I'll bow out of this thread (again) and go post on actual real important news.

Guest American Woman

The comments reflect that you'd be tossed under the bus if need be to justify some folk's spirit of multiculturalism. Some might claim you volunteered to do it, apparently.

The thing I find scary is that a country like Canada actually considered recognizing sharia law in court cases. Yes, it failed, but what would have happened if there hadn't been so much opposition/objection? Yet some say it's a waste of time to concern oneself with it. I think we at the very least need to be aware of our freedoms and not take them for granted - and we need to realize that sometimes we may have to protect them. As a woman, I feel this strongly when it comes to Islam and Sharia law. There are still too many places in this world where women are second class citizens with no rights, and my heart goes out to them - I never take my good fortune (being an American woman, living in the U.S.) for granted.

Sharial Law affects Muslims and their way of life, matrial law effets everyone. Not like I am going to convince any of you anyways. But I guess I'll bow out of this thread (again) and go post on actual real important news.

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...WRONG.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jizya

The thing I find scary is that a country like Canada actually considered recognizing sharia law in court cases. Yes, it failed, but what would have happened if there hadn't been so much opposition/objection? Yet some say it's a waste of time to concern oneself with it. I think we at the very least need to be aware of our freedoms and not take them for granted - and we need to realize that sometimes we may have to protect them. As a woman, I feel this strongly when it comes to Islam and Sharia law. There are still too many places in this world where women are second class citizens with no rights, and my heart goes out to them - I never take my good fortune (being an American woman, living in the U.S.) for granted.

Canada will eventually incorperate elements of Sharia Law into 'the fabric of the nation'. Small at first then more and more. It won't be an option. Folks like GH will view it as a triumph while I'll view it as a bad day for my personal freedom.

Canada will eventually incorperate elements of Sharia Law into 'the fabric of the nation'. Small at first then more and more. It won't be an option. Folks like GH will view it as a triumph while I'll view it as a bad day for my personal freedom.

We've dealt with this before, Sharia Law will not be part of Canada's judicial system, and that is the reason the Jewish lost theiur family courts as well. We have one set of laws in the country. You can keep beating that dead horse all you want Doggy, but you keep seeing to bring up this lie when it suits your purpose.

Screw it, I can't leave this thread, I keep getting sucked back in by the stupid that needs to be counteracted here.

We've dealt with this before, Sharia Law will not be part of Canada's judicial system, and that is the reason the Jewish lost theiur family courts as well. We have one set of laws in the country. You can keep beating that dead horse all you want Doggy, but you keep seeing to bring up this lie when it suits your purpose.

Screw it, I can't leave this thread, I keep getting sucked back in by the stupid that needs to be counteracted here.

I don't mind if you're being stupid.

:)

The thing I find scary is that a country like Canada actually considered recognizing sharia law in court cases. Yes, it failed, but what would have happened if there hadn't been so much opposition/objection?

Don;t be afraid, it will likely never happen.

It was sought to beintroduced for non-criminal code courts, dispute courts as it were, but went nowhere.

Ok, you can be a little scared I guess, a New Jersey Judge did allow a defendant go free because of Sharia law,he raped and beat his wife and the Judge bought his malarkey.

Thanksfully and smartly, it was overturned.

http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/fischer/100725