Massachusetts Senate Race

Brown's post-election comments were gracious and laudatory toward Ted Kennedy with special mention of Kennedy's widow. He is smooth and man oh man, as a woman I can tell you he's easy on the eyes. :lol:

Good point...I don't know why this aspect hasn't garnered more attention. My wife said the same thing...this guy makes many women forget about politics at a different level. If he was good enough for Cosmo.....

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obama you are at fault too, now stop pretending to be at the center if this is what you are getting in 3 year your better go down fighting and start doing things to change America. Screw working with the Republicans they don't want it just get things done.

The people of our country don't like to be told what to do. Amost any big change needs to be based on cconsensus in our country.

We are not a Parliamentary country where a dictator like Trudeau, Mulroney or Chretien, wielding a majority on steroids, can bull anything through without severe consequences. Indeed, ask Mulroney how Canadians reacted to diktat with the GST.

The people of our country don't like to be told what to do. Amost any big change needs to be based on cconsensus in our country.

...after a big fight!

We are not a Parliamentary country where a dictator like Trudeau, Mulroney or Chretien, wielding a majority on steroids, can bull anything through without severe consequences. Indeed, ask Mulroney how Canadians reacted to diktat with the GST.

The Democrats made the mistake of assuming and advertising that the vacant senate seat still belonged to a Kennedy, instead of the Mass voters.

In Canada, by-elections usually favour the opposition but I don't know if that rule applies in the US.
Usually not. Normally the issues are far more local than this election.

Anyone who derides Obama's opponents as "tea-baggers" forget who our country is or why the U.S. was created. This election was, in and of itself, a referendum on health, and to a lesser extent cap and trade and Obama. In reality it was a bold, florid statement of American identity. It was a rejection of having a President who regards himself as a citizen of the world. The people of our country believe our country has a story to tell in the world. It is a story, not always perfect, where people don't enjoy being told what to do. It is a country where civic responsibility plays a large role in maintaining our beneficient atmosphere, diversity and freshness. It is a country where, more than nine years after September 11, flags put up by ordinary citizens on bridge overpasses are lovingly maintained and replaced, not on the public's dime, but by volunteers (link). Musically, for every Stompin' Tom, we have dozens of musicians, painters and writers of the left and right that celebrate our uniqueness.

Martha Coakley, who lost, and her supporters are not people who are excited about their country. The voters selected someone who is. Last I recall, that's what happened in 1980 when Reagan, considered by the media as a fuddy-duddy Grade B actor, trounced academic genius Jimmy Carter.

My fellow Democrats had better wise up, or face extinction.

No the problem is centered policies is causing all the left wing voters, and left wing indies to stay home. It is a time to fight, frame the question and so it well. Left wing policies left FRD the most popular president ever. They don't fail the problem is they need to actually pass them or else they seem weak. They should have Crammed health care down everyone's throats this summer then there would be no going back. Seriously I think you need to expand Medicare and see how many people like it when the Republicans try to claw it back from the 55 year olds or the 45 year olds. Just do it.

He may still try and ram Obamacare down their throats. Most Americans aren't like most Canadians, they enjoy looking after themselves not being put out to pasture and milked on a regular basis.

Anyway, Shady told us so!

He may still try and ram Obamacare down their throats. Most Americans aren't like most Canadians, they enjoy looking after themselves not being put out to pasture and milked on a regular basis.

Anyway, Shady told us so!

If your going to use farming analogies, use the right ones. Nothing gets milked out in the pasture. They get milked in the barn. You put the cows out in the pasture so you don't look after them.

He is smooth and man oh man, as a woman I can tell you he's easy on the eyes. :lol:

ya baby! Who knew all it took to get to the U.S. Senate was to expose your GOP heinee/weenee?... Give me nudity, or give me death! U.S.A! U.S.A! U.S.A! U.S.A!

Who Needs Joe Plumber When You Can Have Scott Six-Pack?

Scott Brown: A Name You Can Trust, Abs You Can Believe In

Vote for Brown. He Has One Hell of a Stimulus Package.

It is just one more bold step the party of Lincoln has taken

I was serious when I said being consistently wrong is as interesting as being right because it means your predictions are quite reliable - just not in the way you might like.
I was going to let this slide but it wrankled too much.

This is a very minor (and personal) side issue but I have often been right too, so your basic contention is wrong. More pertinently, I am often right on the basic issues and get the tendency right. As one example, I started this thread because it was obvious that Obama and the Dems face serious difficulties.

Anyway, I never see you making any predictions at all Riverwind. If you want to sit at the high stakes table, you have to pony up.

Edited by August1991

I find that August's analyses are well thought out and worth the read, even if the predictions they result in it are not always correct.

Except on the Arts & Culture forum, of course. There, he's completely talking out of his chapeau. ;)

-k

Brown ran a Campaign with a hidden message

The only hidden message is in your head! :lol: I've never seen such sexist projection. Brown's campaign was completely centered around this theme...

<--- This ad ran while Coakley was on vacation in December.

<--- This ad was probably the most effective, and one of the best I've ever seen.

Only in a deranged liberal universe obsessed with identity politics, can Scott Brown's campaign contain a "secret message." Come'on libs, put down the crack pipes, and step back into reality. But let me guess, his truck is a symbol of male dominance, and lower taxes really means women are only good for one thing, right? :rolleyes:

As I said before, God bless you guys. You're hilarious!

Guest American Woman
In Canada, by-elections usually favour the opposition but I don't know if that rule applies in the US.

Yes, it does apply in the U.S. too.

link

...it is an iron law of politics that the president’s party almost always loses seats in Congress during the biennial midterm elections

Yes, it does apply in the U.S. too.

link

...it is an iron law of politics that the president’s party almost always loses seats in Congress during the biennial midterm elections

I think this election and November will see an anti incumbent sentiment in the US. People seem to mad at those in power whether republican or democrat, but since the democrats hold more seats they more at risk.

Yes, except for George W Bush in 2002 and 2004. But the Dems are in even bigger trouble. They've controlled Congress for almost 4 years now, and by November it'll be almost 2 years of White House control. Not only will they historically lose seats, they'll also be held responsible for the crappy economic situation that exists, and the fact that they've done little to improve it. Obama punted on the economy for the holy grail of healthcare reform. After all, he only recently held a jobs summit, some 9 months after he took office.

Canadians are realist - we know government is bullshit..The Americans should stop wasting time and money and simply prorouge congress. Think of it - the people would figure out that the whole system was totally useless and just a big debating club for rich kids who are totally useless...as for replacing Kennedy..it's pretty hard to replace the last living and now dead member of the highest order of American Mafia..and sticking some chick in there to take his place will be hopless...Kennedy had 60 years worth of connections. Any replacement will have to start from scratch - The Kennedy dynasty is over.

Canadians are realist - we know government is bullshit..The Americans should stop wasting time and money and simply prorouge congress....

No...you don't get it...Americans live for the fight to determine a winner and a loser....it is our way. Winner gets the trophy...just as in Predator 2.

No...you don't get it...Americans live for the fight to determine a winner and a loser....it is our way. Winner gets the trophy...just as in Predator 2.

nobody wins when everybody loses.

Yes, except for George W Bush in 2002 and 2004. But the Dems are in even bigger trouble. They've controlled Congress for almost 4 years now, and by November it'll be almost 2 years of White House control. Not only will they historically lose seats, they'll also be held responsible for the crappy economic situation that exists, and the fact that they've done little to improve it. Obama punted on the economy for the holy grail of healthcare reform. After all, he only recently held a jobs summit, some 9 months after he took office.

It doesn't matter who is in power in the states, it's a two headed one party system down there.

Some people like Gerald Celente are predicting the emergence of a third party by 2012 that will actually compete with the republocrats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlxISUjU7dQ

Just so you know Brown's daughters are “available,” says Brown in Speech maybe he will sell them to the highest bidder. Seriously the way this guy treats women even his own daughters is gross. It is all part of his "I am not a women" narrative though. Even Glenn Beck sees it. I mean honestly how bad is it when Glenn Beck thinks you are treated women in a poor manor.

http://www.politico.com/click/stories/1001/ayla_brown_available_comment_off_script.html

Edited by punked

... Seriously the way this guy treats women even his own daughters is gross. It is all part of his "I am not a women" narrative though. Even Glenn Beck sees it. I mean honestly how bad is it when Glenn Beck thinks you are treated women in a poor manor.

Seriously...give it a rest. If treating women poorly were an issue, we never would have elected Jack Kennedy or Bill Clinton either.

Yes they did.....women (and men) ate it up. Obama got slammed for sexism too....result....successful campaign!

I don;t think we should vote for people because they are women, and yes plenty of people were out against Hil dawg for being a women, not I, I voted for her in the Primary.

Obama never sent out the message Scott has. He has continually stated that he wants his girls to do well, grow up in a world where they can do what they want and take their lives where they should go. Not like Scott who just wants his girls too get married and have babies. That is the message he sent out.