Denmark's Immigration Woes

lictor616

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1226698/Denmark-pay-immigrants-12-000-home-wont-assimilate.html

Denmark encouraging immigrants to return home

"Denmark is increasing cash incentives to encourage immigrants to return to their homelands if they "can't or won't" assimilate into Danish society.

The cash incentive has been boosted to £12,000 for every individual who takes up the offer to leave Denmark. The scheme has been law since 1997 and the financial incentive is now ten times more than that previously offered by the Danish government.

"We thought it was important to substantially increase this aid so that immigrants who want to return home because they are not able to adapt to Danish society have a strong financial basis to start a new life," said foreign affairs spokesman Soeren Espersen of the Danish People's Party (DPP).

The conservative centre-right minority government reached an agreement on the financial incentives with the patriotic DPP as part of the 2010 budget negotiations.

In addition, twenty million kroner will be set aside for city councils in charge of integrating minorities to "motivate" immigrants to return home. Since 1997, 2,524 immigrants have been voluntarily repatriated to their home countries, according to Denmark's refugee, immigrant and integration ministry. Most of them were from the former Yugoslavia, Iraq, Iran, Lebanon, Somalia and Turkey. Currently, immigrants account for about 7% of Denmark's population of 5.5 million."

At lest its a step in the right direction, but still, you have to laugh at the poor suckers who tax themselves to get ;ots of multiculturalism, crime and welfare...

Lictor

At lest its a step in the right direction, but still, you have to laugh at the poor suckers who tax themselves to get ;ots of multiculturalism, crime and welfare...

You still haven't shown that this is the case.

Just pointing it out, though, for folks browsing the forum lest they think that your views are accepted at face value around here. No need to respond, really.

Edited by Michael Hardner

Instituted aging rich folks imagined that the Koran was like the New Testiment. No one bothered to read and understand the Koran. They assumed wrongly that Muslims would be submissive and complaint citizens like the Christians of old...no so - they did not comply or subit to the standing status quo - now they want to get rid of uncontrolable and abmitious slaves...looks good on them..ha ha ha..Internal displacement of original populaces is a bugger.

Lets see if Lictor is smarter than old President George Bush ....a bit of a quiz for you lictor ...who do you go after if you want to prosecute a crimminal...Do you go after the assassin or the person that paid the killer to commit the crime? I will stick to this premise in regards to keeping things real. Never blame the immigrant - never blame the intuding home invader - blame the person who supplied them with the key to the door...no better yet..the person who sold the key.

The point I have always made here is that government governs..It does not control. It takes money,influence and power to install governments or governors on motors..if you wish - to govern is to keep things safe and intact - so the system does not over rev and come apart. I don't believe governments have control..but those who install them do..problem being - money installs governments and the average person believing in government really has no money to speak of..so don't blame the governement..blame those greed driven talented men that had more desire than brains..who became rich..who are not smart..who govern the government....The merchant class run the system - and how smart can a common merchant really be?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1226698/Denmark-pay-immigrants-12-000-home-wont-assimilate.html

Denmark encouraging immigrants to return home

"Denmark is increasing cash incentives to encourage immigrants to return to their homelands if they "can't or won't" assimilate into Danish society.

The cash incentive has been boosted to £12,000 for every individual who takes up the offer to leave Denmark. The scheme has been law since 1997 and the financial incentive is now ten times more than that previously offered by the Danish government.

"We thought it was important to substantially increase this aid so that immigrants who want to return home because they are not able to adapt to Danish society have a strong financial basis to start a new life," said foreign affairs spokesman Soeren Espersen of the Danish People's Party (DPP).

The conservative centre-right minority government reached an agreement on the financial incentives with the patriotic DPP as part of the 2010 budget negotiations.

In addition, twenty million kroner will be set aside for city councils in charge of integrating minorities to "motivate" immigrants to return home. Since 1997, 2,524 immigrants have been voluntarily repatriated to their home countries, according to Denmark's refugee, immigrant and integration ministry. Most of them were from the former Yugoslavia, Iraq, Iran, Lebanon, Somalia and Turkey. Currently, immigrants account for about 7% of Denmark's population of 5.5 million."

Well, I don't think the Danish goverment frames this policy as 'buying off immigrants to leave'. I think they frame the policy as helping those who don't fit in return to their country of origin. However, I strongly suspect that the right wing minds behind the policy really just want Denmark to be pure Danish people, and this is their way of circumventing EU laws. Although, I am somewhat curious as to how they prevent new immigrants from coming in.

Despite all the good things that Scandinavia has going for it, and how progressive it is in many areas, this is the one area that really sets Canada apart. Canadians are much more tolerant of other cultures than any Scandinavian nation and I we do a much better job of accomodating them and making them part of Canadian society.

The danger with a policy such as the ones that the Danes are proposing is that it really makes immigrants feel unwelcome, and makes the populace bitter towards the immigrants, as it suggests that they are liabilities.

Despite all the good things that Scandinavia has going for it, and how progressive it is in many areas, this is the one area that really sets Canada apart. Canadians are much more tolerant of other cultures than any Scandinavian nation and I we do a much better job of accomodating them and making them part of Canadian society.

I don't think any society is more progressive than the Scandinavians. They simply have had more problems with their Muslim immigrants than we have, and more violence, and I attribute this, at least in part, to their very progressiveness. Now they've belatedly realized that encouaraging hundreds of thousnads of very unprogessive people to live amongst them, and simultaneously encouraging them to retain their delightfully multicultural, though thoroughly unprogressive culture and values - not to mention language - might not have been such a good idea after all.

I wonder how tolerant Canada would be feeling right now if the Toronto 18 had succeded in some massive and catastrophic bombing and beheading? I suspect there would be a lot more hard-hearted decisions being made about what to do with "unprogressive" foreigners in our midst.

I wonder how tolerant Canada would be feeling right now if the Toronto 18 had succeded in some massive and catastrophic bombing and beheading? I suspect there would be a lot more hard-hearted decisions being made about what to do with "unprogressive" foreigners in our midst.

pffff.... I envy your optimism...

I don't think we'd be doig anything but paying lip service to it... i'd be business as usual....