Tories launch cross-country stimulus

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/091106/national/stimulus_blitz

Federal cabinet ministers blitzed the country with economic stimulus announcements Friday in the face of dismal employment numbers that leave the Harper government far short of its job-creation targets.

Canada's economy shed 43,000 jobs in October, dropping the total number of employed to 16,794,800. That's at least 331,000 jobs less than the target the federal government set in its January budget for this point in the year.

I guess all the patting themselves on the back with the last month shows just how weak private job growth has been.

As I pointed out in the last employment update, the growth in jobs seemed to be all public sector.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/091106/national/stimulus_blitz

I guess all the patting themselves on the back with the last month shows just how weak private job growth has been.

As I pointed out in the last employment update, the growth in jobs seemed to be all public sector.

I wonder how much of the job shedding blame should actually be blamed on Quebecs provincial government. Since they had no idea how to apply for the infrastructure/stimulus money in a timely fashion.

I wonder how much of the job shedding blame should actually be blamed on Quebecs provincial government. Since they had no idea how to apply for the infrastructure/stimulus money in a timely fashion.

Yes, that's good. Blame the provinces.

Yes, that's good. Blame the provinces.

Yep, I also blame the liberal governments of the past for creating such a centralized government that takes over provincial jurisdiction.

I am so tired of the metality I have a problem, the federal government should solve it.

Yep, I also blame the liberal governments of the past for creating such a centralized government that takes over provincial jurisdiction.

I am so tired of the metality I have a problem, the federal government should solve it.

You have hit the nail on the head. It is an entire generation of entitled citizens always demanding tax dollars to be spent on them. I never collect my Ralph bucks, there was 2k the government never gave me.

You have hit the nail on the head. It is an entire generation of entitled citizens always demanding tax dollars to be spent on them. I never collect my Ralph bucks, there was 2k the government never gave me.

You know there is some economic theory behind stimulus spending. You may disagree with it, but attacking a "generation", mumbling about "entitlement" and so forth is for all intents and purposes a separate debate. If you have a problem with the concepts of governments spending their way out of recessions, then Adam Smith is the man you want to blame.

You know there is some economic theory behind stimulus spending. You may disagree with it, but attacking a "generation", mumbling about "entitlement" and so forth is for all intents and purposes a separate debate. If you have a problem with the concepts of governments spending their way out of recessions, then Adam Smith is the man you want to blame.

its called keisian economics