Federal liberals responsible for shortage of flu vaccine

My response has been pretty consistent. The contract allowed for getting supply elsewhere to keep the production line going steady.

Do you take classes in this sort of thing? Like, Political Propoganda 101 and such?

I asked you a straight question. I want a straight answer. But then you still haven't given a straight answer about the Liberal Party's position on Copenhagen either, despite half a dozen attempts from me to pry it from your leathery lips.

That doesn't stop you from condemning the tories on it, of course.

Just as you condemn the tories here but do it in a weasely political fashion which never comes right out and speaks clearly. It's all innuendo and inference with your drivel.

The distribution of the vaccine was federal. The delivery was provincial.

Isn't that what I said? But no, you rephrase it to make it sound like the Tories are somehow to blame for the long lineups and confusion at vaccination centres. Without actually saying so becuase then you'd be caught in an out and out lie.

Your posts here represent all that I despise in your crooked, dishonest, self-serving political party. There's not a person in any position of authority in it who wouldn't sell his mother for a buck and a vote.

Do you take classes in this sort of thing? Like, Political Propoganda 101 and such?

Do you take classes in beliggerence or are you born with it?

I asked you a straight question. I want a straight answer. But then you still haven't given a straight answer about the Liberal Party's position on Copenhagen either, despite half a dozen attempts from me to pry it from your leathery lips.

Think you forgot the response then. The Liberals favour an agreement. The Tories don't seem to.

That doesn't stop you from condemning the tories on it, of course.

I have criticized their unresponsiveness to the question of the contract and supply before it become an issue.

And then we saw blame tossed at the Liberals for the shortage which seemed a reach.

Just as you condemn the tories here but do it in a weasely political fashion which never comes right out and speaks clearly. It's all innuendo and inference with your drivel.

And your response to be spittle speckeled bloviating.

Isn't that what I said? But no, you rephrase it to make it sound like the Tories are somehow to blame for the long lineups and confusion at vaccination centres. Without actually saying so becuase then you'd be caught in an out and out lie.

I called the Tories on blaming the manufactuer for the problem as some ministers appeared to be doing when their were short on dosages.

Then a different tact was taken that the Liberals were somehow to blame for the contract.

I think you are getting confused about who is finding fault for the shortages.

I said the government had ordered a change in the vaccine and with only one production line, there was a stoppage twice to change over and change back. It was in this that questions were first asked about the contract and how to ensure continuity of supply.

Your posts here represent all that I despise in your crooked, dishonest, self-serving political party. There's not a person in any position of authority in it who wouldn't sell his mother for a buck and a vote.

And your posts here represent what I despise because it is done in a furious, accusatory and a personalizing way.

Edited by jdobbin

The company overstated capacity in all instances.

That is not what the company said and the government now appears to be backing off that accusation. All through the last days, the delay has been attributed to changing the vaccine over.

As much as you say the Libs blame the Tories, one can also say, the Tories are never wrong, they are perfect people and government, God may they are even saints! The Tories Never take the blame for ANYTHING! Why? Is it a sign a of weakest? I would think more Canadians would have a little respect for this party if they would take the blame when its theirs instead of getting the spin doctors out! The minister job is to get out the vaccines and make sure there are enough for the whole, even if the whole country doesn't take the shots. All this doesn't surprise me because the Tory party are all novices, who are making alots of mistakes and its costing Canadians big bucks and now people's lives. I just wonder what would happen to this country if we were attacked? They probably go into hiding!

Oh? I haven't heard that at all. I think you;re making that up too.

I think you are making things up on the fly.

The vaccine shortage is linked to the change in the vaccine. That order came from the government. Or are still insisting the government blames the company for the shortage entirely.

Edited by jdobbin

I think you are making things up on the fly.

The vaccine shortage is linked to the change in the vaccine. That order came from the government. Or are still insisting the government blames the company for the shortage entirely.

The change is partly responsible, but the company promised 3M doses a week,a nd that hasn't happened during any week. You'd blame everything on the government if you could.

The change is partly responsible, but the company promised 3M doses a week,a nd that hasn't happened during any week. You'd blame everything on the government if you could.

Ah, yes, this is all about me. Try to leave the personalizing out of this if you can.

The amount was doses was contingent on an uninterrupted production line. We now know that didn't happen. You keep saying the fault is with the company but Harper applauded the company on Friday for how much vaccine was produced to date.

The order to switch was what cut production as the Globe and Mail reported Friday.

The change in the vaccine was done on the recommendation of WHO, which has since changed it's mind.

But that didn't mean the production line had to be shut down in Canada. Canada could have contracted for more vaccine from Australia. They did end up buying 200,000 doses from there.

Ah, yes, this is all about me. Try to leave the personalizing out of this if you can.

I haven't personalized anything anymore than you have. This seems to be a tactic you employ when you don't like the way an argument is going. It gets rather tiring. You would like to blame everything on the Conservative federal government, and most people who post here can see that.

I haven't personalized anything anymore than you have. This seems to be a tactic you employ when you don't like the way an argument is going. It gets rather tiring. You would like to blame everything on the Conservative federal government, and most people who post here can see that.

And most people can see where you are going with things and that is on the personal level. Why do it? I realize it is must annoy you to point it out but you are doing once again in this post.

If you don't want to see something from a poster, put them on ignore. It has to be better than what you are doing now.

How predictable, its those damned leftie's fault. :lol:

Fixed it for ya.

To be fair to your beloved Conservatives though I'm quite certain no one else would have handled this any better or worse.

The order to switch was what cut production as the Globe and Mail reported Friday.

You're flogging a dead horse. The provinces have a supply of vaccines which they have not yet distributed to local health authorities. Local health authorities don't have the facilities to refrigerate a large volume of vaccine so I'm not surprised the provinces aren't swamping them with vaccines that could go bad if not properly stored.

You're flogging a dead horse. The provinces have a supply of vaccines which they have not yet distributed to local health authorities. Local health authorities don't have the facilities to refrigerate a large volume of vaccine so I'm not surprised the provinces aren't swamping them with vaccines that could go bad if not properly stored.

So the clinic closures in many provinces are the result of the provinces not distributing the product they have?

Where did you get that info?

So the clinic closures in many provinces are the result of the provinces not distributing the product they have?

Where did you get that info?

More than half of vaccine doses sitting in storage

Of the 5.8 million doses of vaccine delivered so far across Canada, less than half had been administered.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/health/h1n1-swine-flu/more-than-half-of-vaccine-doses-sitting-in-storage/article1351752/

That was posted in another thread on H1N1.

That was posted in another thread on H1N1.

Those provinces that were mentioned must not have had the shutdowns then since they had a steady supply from the roll-out day.

In Manitoba, they have to shut down again for three days this week because there is no vaccine.